RaiderPride
14 years ago

PS, I heard Cutler is trying to contact Greta ... anyone confirm this?

"SlickVision" wrote:

Funny.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
RaiderPride
14 years ago

But to answer the thread i wouldn't care what Ted Thompson did because Rodgers really don't have alot to stand on. Atleast Cutler was a Pro Bowl qb already but what i hate is this seems like its going to be the norm every year from now on in the NFL. It didn't start last year here in Green Bay i think it started a few years ago with TO in SF and then again in Philly. You whine enough and you will get your way.

"dhazer" wrote:

Brett whined last year and did not get his way.

Brett was also a Pro Bowl QB last year, and no one wanted him this year.

NO?
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Cal2GreenBay
14 years ago
Aaron DID go through what Jay Cutler went through.

In his 3rd summer he was rumored to be going to the Oakland
Raiders for Randy Moss.

Ted Thompson completely denied it and WHO KNOWS what really
happened, but Aaron and his agent got assurances that he was safe
and moved on.

The BIG difference is that Aaron was not a starting QB at the time
and didn't have the leverage that Jay Culter has.

Either way..I think Thompson and McCarthy are much more straightforward(or it appears) than Josh McDaniels.

Josh was just trying to do the Patriots mantra of that no one player
was bigger than the team. He failed to realize he as a coach HAS NOT WON ANYTHING, and he's doing the cart before the horse. BELICHECK can do that because he's proven himself as a coach. McDaniels thought his reputation would precede him.

I predict disaster for Josh McDaniels.

Unfortunately, this really does shift the balance of power for the Chicago Bears. Now we have another dynamic young QB (who also happens to be good friends w/Aaron) to face twice a year.

GREEEEAT JOB JOSH MCDANIELS. It's one thing to mess up your own team, but thanks for making it harder on the Packers in the Norse division.
blank
zombieslayer
14 years ago

Brett whined last year and did not get his way.

Brett was also a Pro Bowl QB last year, and no one wanted him this year.

NO?

"RaiderPride" wrote:

Goes to show about age.

In my not so humble opinion, BF was the 2nd best QB in the NFL in '07 (after of course Tom Brady). He was electric. Led a team with NO running game to a 7-1 record, then went on to finish 14-4 with the youngest team in the NFL.

But age is cruel to an athlete. Heck, ask Jeff Garcia. I happen to really like Garcia and wonder why nobody's gobbled him up yet. Actually, I shouldn't wonder because the guy's older than I am. Even Kurt Warner, teams look at him like he's got a two year life expectancy, if that, and the guy led a team that had no business even having a winning record to the SB.

But Cutler has something Brett Favre and Jeff Garcia don't have - his 20s.

Also ask Jeff George. If you ask Jeff George, he'll tell you he's a top 16 QB in the NFL if someone took a chance on him. Is he or is he full of himself? I don't know, I don't know him personally, but he has Michael Silver convinced he should be worth someone taking a chance and Silver actually knows half the NFL personally.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
dannychau22
14 years ago
looks like cutler to the bears!
blank
RaiderPride
14 years ago

Goes to show about age.

In my not so humble opinion, Brett Favre was the 2nd best QB in the NFL in '07 (after of course Tom Brady). He was electric. Led a team with NO running game to a 7-1 record, then went on to finish 14-4 with the youngest team in the NFL.

But age is cruel to an athlete. Heck, ask Jeff Garcia. I happen to really like Garcia and wonder why nobody's gobbled him up yet. Actually, I shouldn't wonder because the guy's older than I am. Even Kurt Warner, teams look at him like he's got a two year life expectancy, if that, and the guy led a team that had no business even having a winning record to the SB.

But Cutler has something Brett Favre and Jeff Garcia don't have - his 20s.

Also ask Jeff George. If you ask Jeff George, he'll tell you he's a top 16 QB in the NFL if someone took a chance on him. Is he or is he full of himself? I don't know, I don't know him personally, but he has Michael Silver convinced he should be worth someone taking a chance and Silver actually knows half the NFL personally.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Best post I have read in a while on any forum.

You make total sense, and it is educational. Well, to me it is.... Gave me a different perspective on the subject.

Well done
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Can we please lay off the yammering about how Cutler has a Pro Bowl berth and Rodgers doesn't? For one thing, Cutler has played for 3 seasons; Rodgers, for 1. For another, Favre was nominated to the Pro Bowl last year in a season in which he lead the NFL in interceptions, so that shows how worthwhile Pro Bowl honors are. Furthermore, Rodgers didn't get Pro Bowl consideration because a) his team was 6-10 and b) he was third in the NFC in total yards, touchdown passes, and quarterback rating, in a season in which Drew Brees threw for a mind-boggling 5,069 yards and 34 TDs (96.2 RTG) and Kurt Warner threw for an outstanding 4,583 yards and 30 TDs (96.9 RTG). If you count Rodgers' 4 TD runs, he was second in the NFC in total TDs. In any ordinary season, Rodgers' numbers are Pro Bowl calibre -- possibly even MVP-worthy. But 2008 was no ordinary season for the NFC.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (34m) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (48m) : Yes
Zero2Cool (1h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (4h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (18h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
37m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.