buckeyepackfan
5 years ago
Well, might as well get things started early.
First draft, no trades.
I smell Super Bowl!
😁😁😁

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 11: Allen, Josh, OLB, Kentucky (A)
Round 1 Pick 32: Harry, NKeal, WR, Arizona State (A)
Round 2 Pick 11: Abram, Johnathan, FS, Mississippi State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 10: Conrad, CJ, TE, Kentucky (A+)
Round 4 Pick 11: Tega Wanogho, Prince, OT, Auburn (A+)
Round 4 Pick 17: Winovich, Chase, DE, Michigan (A+)
Round 5 Pick 11: McCoy, TJ, C, Florida (A+)
Round 6 Pick 11: Rypien, Brett, QB, Boise State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 21: Patrick, Jacques, RB, Florida State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 11: Boyd, Kris, CB, Texas (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 Pick
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
1. Tyler Biabasz - C-G Wisconsin. Immediate upgrade at right guard and depth at center. A mauler. Very bright
(Note, I also want them to sign free agent Roger Safford Rams LG)
1a. Jachai Polite - FL Edge rusher with a great Motor and good at setting an edge
2. Micheal Deiter - OT Wisconsin could start today...a minimum, a very solid and will provide much needed back up(if
(if they get these 4 guys, bring back their D line, and keep Pettine, and a decent HCwe would go to the Super Bowl)
3. Drew Tranquill Notre Dame
After that, I want an ILB with wheels from a major conference

In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago
Even though it's picking a defensive player first AGAIN, Josh Allen would be a nice fit.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago

1. Tyler Biabasz - C-G Wisconsin.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Do you really think an offensive lineman is worth spending a first-round pick on? I'm not being snarky; I'm genuinely curious.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
5 years ago
If we actually hit on the pick, then yes.
beast
5 years ago

Do you really think an offensive lineman is worth spending a first-round pick on? I'm not being snarky; I'm genuinely curious.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

It depends on how well they play... I'd take another Bak in the first round.

That being said, I don't think I'd take an interior OL in the first unless I thought they were a potential future NFL hall of famer! Like Jack Conklin SOOO reminded me of Steve Hutchinson... though also depends on scheme, the more power running we plan on doing, the more I might be willing to use a high pick on an interor OL.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
Hell yes OL is worth a number 1. We have made very poor decisions in the last few drafts and FA, and have not allocated resources to the position. We thought that 12 was so good, we could win with anyone up there. NOT SO

If we have a solid wall, we are frigging golden. Our young RB’s wiuld shine and we could actually coniser running on 3rd and 4th and short...which opens up play action.
earthquake
5 years ago

It depends on how well they play... I'd take another Bak in the first round.

That being said, I don't think I'd take an interior OL in the first unless I thought they were a potential future NFL hall of famer! Like Jack Conklin SOOO reminded me of Steve Hutchinson... though also depends on scheme, the more power running we plan on doing, the more I might be willing to use a high pick on an interor OL.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Yeah, a top 15 pick for a G may be a reach. Most G's don't go in the first round and if they do, it's towards the end of the round generally. In 2017 the first G off the board was at 38, and the next two went 63 & 64. The top OT went at 20. In 2016 there were 4 OTs in the top 16, but the first G went at 28. In 2015, the top G was 28 as well. So that's an average position of 31 for the top rated G over the last 3 years.

Edit: Whoops, I left out 2018. The colts picked a G at 6 in 2018. So that's an average position of 24 for the top rated G in the last 3 years.

Going back further, in 2014 the Cowboys took Zack Martin at 16, and he seems to be pretty good. In 2013 there were 9 OL in the top 20, 5 OTs and 3 Gs, so that was a pretty exceptional year for OLs. In 2012 we're back to normality with Gs at 24, 28, 40 and 44. 2011, 23 and the next off the board is at 55. 2010 we have another mid round G at 17, but no other Gs until the 3rd round.

If there is a top 3 OT at 15, that would make sense. A G with the Saint's 1st round pick would make sense if they are the top rated at the position. A top 3 G with the 2nd round pick would make some sense too.

So yeah, a G at ~15 or so? If it's a transcendent sort of player at the position sure. I don't know enough about any of the players coming out to really say. Reaching a bit might make sense if it's a very good player and it isn't generally a good year for OL, for instance if there is a big drop off after that first guy.

Here's a random sample of interior OLs from mock drafts:

18 ,26, 42 Cody Ford (G)
21, 45, 48, 67 Chris Lindstrom (G)
32, 38, 48 Tyler Biabasz (G/C)
46, 49 Elgton Jenkins (C)
50, 51, 78 Erik McCoy (C)
54, 69 Beau Brezschawel (G)
58, 96 Connor McGovern (C)

It looks like most of these guys are projected as 2nd round prospects or so. But again, I don't know enough to have opinions on any specific player.
blank
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
Tyler Biabasz could immediately start at guard and be a great backup for linsley
earthquake
5 years ago

Tyler Biabasz could immediately start at guard and be a great backup for linsley

Originally Posted by: KRK 

That certainly may be true. But will he be gone before 32, or even 47?

At 15 there should be a starting caliber player at OT, DL, EDGE, WR or CB. Do you pass up one of those positions for a G?
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (13h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (14h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (17h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (20h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Around The NFL / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.