Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 11:29:05 AM(UTC)
I can't recall what I was watching, but they recounted Nick Foles 27 TD and 2 INT season as MVP-like. That got me thinking because it wasn't the first time I heard that while watching an Eagles game. My thought was, didn't Rodgers put up similar numbers and we're saying he's had a poor year.

These seem quite similar.

2013 Foles
  • games 13 (started 10)
  • att 317
  • comp 203
  • comp% 64.0
  • yards 2,891
  • td 27
  • int 2

2018 Rodgers
  • games 16
  • att 597
  • comp 372
  • comp% 62.3
  • yards 4,442 (2nd highest in his career)
  • td 25
  • int 2
Nonstopdrivel  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 11:58:44 AM(UTC)
2013 Foles:
  • Touchdown percentage: 8.5
  • Interception percentage: 0.6
  • Yards per attempt: 9.1
  • Yards per game: 222.4

2018 Rodgers:
  • Touchdown percentage: 4.2
  • Interception percentage: 0.3
  • Yards per attempt: 7.4
  • Yards per game: 277.6

As far as I'm concerned, Foles had the much better season. I'd cheerfully trade the extra 55.2 passing yards per game for double the touchdown percentage and the spectacular yards-per-attempt average. Yes, Foles had the higher interception percentage, but 0.6 percent is still pretty phenomenal. I think the historical league average is somewhere between 3 and 4 percent. At turnover ratios that low, you quickly run into diminishing returns in terms of winning games.

But I'm very big on efficiency statistics and not so much impressed by raw numbers.
gbguy20  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 1:31:36 PM(UTC)
QB touchdown rate is a stupid stat. Lets compare team touchdown per drive rate instead for a true comparison. I don't care if it takes 10 passes per drive to get a touchdown instead of 5 as long as we're still getting the touchdown. It's actually probably better to take 10 because it gives the D more time to rest. So we should probably look at time of possession as well.
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (13h) : Again, Pro Bowl. Wasted talk.
Zero2Cool (13h) : NE had no Pro Bowlers in O line that goes 7th-rder, 3rd, undrafted, 4th, 5th.
gbguy20 (16h) : poo
Zero2Cool (20h) : I don't know what you're talking about. It says 2019!!! ;-)
beast (21h) : It's in the Packers Coach Tracker thread (though it says 2018 instead of 2019)
Smokey (22-Jan) : What is the source of your Justin Outten announcement?
beast (22-Jan) : New TE coach Justin Outten
beast (22-Jan) : The Falcons :-p (seriously, they have to watch the Patriots play in the Superbowl in their own house... gotta hurt.
Smokey (22-Jan) : Who is the home team for the 2019 SB game ?
Zero2Cool (22-Jan) : Pro Bowl is a joke, no one takes it seriously, no one.
Smokey (22-Jan) : Being selected a Pro Bowler goes on your resume' and becomes a part of your introduction for the rest of your life.
Nonstopdrivel (22-Jan) : Maybe in the first four frames.
Zero2Cool (22-Jan) : 147
KRK (22-Jan) : I didnt think Jared Cook was a bowler. Whats his average?
gbguy20 (21-Jan) : pro bowl does not matter in the least
nerdmann (21-Jan) : Jared Cook to Pro Bowl.
beast (21-Jan) : Is that 2 minutes in real time or slomo time? :P JK
Zero2Cool (21-Jan) : If you need to look at it via SLOMO for more than 2 minutes, your rules are too difficult.
beast (21-Jan) : I sometimes think they should eliminate slow mo for fans for that reason... then deside, it's not hurting enough, keep it.
TheKanataThrilla (21-Jan) : They review PI calls in the CFL. In slow motion many calls look like PI. The fact is there were at least 3 refs looking at the play and they all botched it.
Zero2Cool (21-Jan) : Only LaFleur knows how many coaches are left. He might decide no QB coach
beast (21-Jan) : Making PI calls reviewable might just lead to more PI calls... also I wonder what Sean Peyton (maybe on that committee thinks about noncalls being reviewable
beast (21-Jan) : It all depends on how they set it up... at bare minimum ST coordinator and all the assistants. Rest might be optional/base on setup
gbguy20 (21-Jan) : hi how many damn coaches do we have left to replace? qb, ST and ST asst, ILB? what else?
Zero2Cool (21-Jan) : Value 👉 draft
Zero2Cool (21-Jan) : Need 👉 free agency/trade
Zero2Cool (21-Jan) : @theMMQB Report: The NFL Competition Committee may look into making pass interference calls reviewable
Zero2Cool (21-Jan) : Packers lose out on coveted special teams coach Darren Rizzi
Zero2Cool (21-Jan) : @alexmarvez Source tells me @vikings have hired @MiamiDolphins asst special teams coach Marwan Maalouf as their new ST coach
gbguy20 (21-Jan) : i bet joe whitt jr is pissed about Patrick Graham
gbguy20 (21-Jan) : just 3
yooperfan (21-Jan) : How many deep passes did he complete?
Zero2Cool (21-Jan) : Aaron Rodgers was the only qualified NFL QB to not throw an INT on deep passes this season – despite throwing the second-most deep pass attempts this year (91).
Zero2Cool (21-Jan) : Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Dolphins plan to hire Packers run game coordinator/inside linebackers coach Patrick Graham as their defensive coordinator.
Smokey (21-Jan) : true
Zero2Cool (21-Jan) : No. The guy lined up too close and then they got an interception. 😜
rabidgopher04 (21-Jan) : Andy Reid loses another conference championship game.
gbguy20 (21-Jan) : dyspeptic
Nonstopdrivel (21-Jan) : So aggravating and unsatisfying.
Nonstopdrivel (21-Jan) : I have the same sort of dyspeptic feeling after this game that I often had after big games coached by Mike McCarthy.
beast (21-Jan) : Also Chiefs got an INT, then the guy lined up too close...
gbguy20 (21-Jan) : you're right about the chiefs Defense. get stops on first and second then fail on 3rd and long time and time again
gbguy20 (21-Jan) : the guy is incredible
gbguy20 (21-Jan) : it's been a long time since we have seen rodgers play as well as brady did these last few weeks
rabidgopher04 (21-Jan) : They are good, but I just don’t like them.
rabidgopher04 (21-Jan) : Chiefs looked a lot like the McCarthy Packers of old. Amazing offense and a defense that can’t get a 3rd down stop. Probably not watching the Super Bowl this year. So tired of the Patriots. They are g
gbguy20 (21-Jan) : do we get brady too?
Zero2Cool (21-Jan) : So, Packers get 30th overall and 12th overall? SUPER BOWL BABY
Zero2Cool (21-Jan) : See, other teams run the play clock down too
Zero2Cool (21-Jan) : See, other teams blow time outs too.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2018 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 9 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Sep 16 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Sep 23 @ 12:00 PM
Redskins
Sunday, Sep 30 @ 12:00 PM
BILLS
Sunday, Oct 7 @ 12:00 PM
Lions