nerdmann
5 years ago
Now I know there's a lot of talk about how Le Fleur is great at designing scheme around the guys he has. But let's face it. This offense was based on bigger, faster WRs who can beat matchups, not for scheming guys open. And that's one big thing Le Fleur is gonna be expected to do. This offense isn't gonna be three WRs running straight down the field. We've got these big, fast guys who can get deep, but we're gonna need one of these guys with short area quickness who can get separation.

Davante Adams is very much like that. If he wasn't #1, I could see him lining up in the slot and getting open over the middle. But he's an outside guy, because he's the only thoroughbred we've got. I mean yeah, Quez and EQ are pretty good. They will probably be able to line up on the perimeter and get it done. But that hasn't been proven consistently, yet.

So who else do we got?

Cobb. But will he be back? Apparently the reason for his loss of change of direction and burst is a "degenerative ankle condition." I mean, his contract is up, right? So they might be able to bring him back at a discount, but I'm not convinced he can do what he once did. Last few years he's been making his hay on these sandlot plays with Aaron. Well, until this year. He couldn't stay on the field this year.

Trevor Davis could be that guy. Problem is, he still hasn't figured out how to run routes. Frankly, I'm not convinced he even makes the team this year. Sure, he makes some plays on punt returns, but damn. Can we trust him to field the ball cleanly? Can he figure out when to fair catch and when to let it go into the end zone? Because I haven't seen that from him. And oh yeah, I barely saw him this year, I guess he's not into stretching those hammies.

Jmon Moore has the ability. He kind of reminded me of Robert Brooks at times. Taller though, faster. He's one of Gute's analytic guys, with the size and speed. But he seems shifty though. I think he could get open. His main problem is catching the ball. He's gotta do that consistently.

Am I missing anyone? Maybe Tonyan, but he's not a starter. Not a quick twitch guy either. If he has a career here, it's gonna be like an Ed West kind of guy. Feasible in the passing game, but also a solid blocker.

Bear in mind, drafting a guy is gonna take a year (or two) before he's ready. The rookies from last year might not even be ready coming up this year. It took Driver at least 3 years before he was a real pro. He came up with Charles Lee and Corey Bradford. Remember those guys? They never developed.

Antonio Brown would be a perfect signing, but he's gonna be expensive. And at his age, can you really count on him? Maybe for a season. Goot is gonna have to look around, see what's out there. Have we procured a pro personnel guy yet?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
5 years ago

Now I know there's a lot of talk about how Le Fleur ... And that's one big thing Le Fleur

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

This is probably weird/stupid, but that version of spelling of his name reminded me on Pepé Le Pew
It's the " Le " spaced out I think...

Am I missing anyone?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I didn't see you cover TE Graham.

Also they had St. Brown working the slot in training camp and I think he did a little during the season.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago
I wouldn't mind Tavon Austin. I think he'd do well. LaFleur was with the Rams in 2017, Austin's last year with the Rams.
UserPostedImage
beast
5 years ago
For FAs I like Golden Tate and John Brown...

Tate led WRs in broken tackles  and is said to usually be high in that stat... Brown is a small explosive WR who has had some trouble staying fully healthy (which is why he might come at a cheaper price), but he stayed healthy for all 16 games and was averaging a 1,000 yard season until the Ravens benched Flacco for the rookie running QB.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
5 years ago
After watching Micah Hyde get burned over the middle week after week every week for 4 years straight I have to believe guys who can do that are plentiful and easy to find. I bet we sign a guy we've never heard of and it works just fine. Or Kumerow takes over and we're better than ever.
TheKanataThrilla
5 years ago
He's not overly tall but Andy Isabella is a quick slot guy that I have my eye on in the draft. Not sure what round he may end up going, but he reminds me of Cobb when he was healthy.
gbguy20
5 years ago
Is kumerow under contract next year?
TheKanataThrilla
5 years ago

Is kumerow under contract next year?

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

I think he is a restricted free agent.
Smokey
5 years ago
I've not read anyone mention Geronimo Allison. He should be recovered and back to form soon. I believe that he will regain a starting position, could be the Slot Receiver.

Disguising what plays that are to be run will be a strong part of what LaFleur's offensive system is about. It does not however eliminate bigger/faster receivers who catch the deep balls for large chunks of yardage. Nor does it preclude a slot receiver or running back catching passes for short gains In addition look for more running plays too and All from the same offensive set. Also look for the TE to be more of a blocker than GB has been used to seeing.

The Rams offense is what LaFleur will be emulating, but also look for LaFleur to add his own twist to make it a unique team offense. The McVey/Shanahan Offense would have worked better last year for the 49ers had it not been for key injuries, but look for SF to be more competitive next year. GB should find it easy to install the new offensive sys. The HC, his Staff, and the GM will I'm sure fill/replace any positions that they feel will be needed to give the Packers a better chance to win moving forward.

IMO, with the new O System in mind, GB will need to look very hard at getting an Offensive Tackle. I like Bulaga, but he does get hut and miss games. I'd be looking for one in the Free Agents/upcoming draft class.

I've not forgotten that GB needs a great new Edge Rusher, so the GM is going to be a busy fellow.
UserPostedImage
beast
5 years ago

I think he is a restricted free agent.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

Yes he's ERFA ... exclusive restricted... meaning he's cheap and can't sign with anyone else unless the Packers choose to release his contract/offer him one.... Kumerow might be an ERFA next year too! ... also I was wondering if the Packers were trying to keep him under 6 games for he wouldn't have an accrued season this year... but I'm guessing I'm wrong about that, because his time on the IR MIGHT of still counted.

I'm thinking Gute's still following the Packers size requirements (what ever they are), so this probably wouldn't work... but WR Cole Beasley is a FA... he has stayed healthy, and usually had over 500 yards in the last four season... and he sometimes returns punts... though I don't think he's great at it (since he's not their preferred guy), looks like only one fumble in 38 returns... which might be better than anything the Packers got now.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (9h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.