QB: Luke Getsy - 34
RB: Ben Sirmans -
WR: Alvis Whitted
TE: Justin Outten
OL: Adam Stenavich - 35

DL: Jerry Montgomery - 39
ILB: Kirk Olivadotti - 45
OLB: Mike Smith  - 37
DB: Jason Simmons (was secondary coach, report says he's being retained)
Assistant DB: Ryan Downard

Assistant ST: Maurice Drayton

Assistant Defensive Quality Control: Christian Parker
UserPostedImage
Smokey
5 years ago
So far, so good. Looks like a quality collection. ST needs a great coach too.

[cheers]

UserPostedImage
gbguy20
5 years ago
So we need an RB, WR, and 2 ST coaches. Lets finish this up.
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago
It's still early in the process, and titles could be further shuffled as the preseason progresses (or held out for retention purposes next year), but at this point, it looks to me as though the leadership structure under LeFleur is going to be simplified compared the last few years under McCarthy. Far fewer convoluted job titles of questionable significance are being handed out. I don't know how important that actually is in terms of the day-to-day operations of the team, but I don't see how it could be a bad thing. In my experience, the more you can prevent turf battles from breaking out in an organization, the more you can prevent people from staking out fiefdoms and siloing themselves, the more effective and efficient you become at accomplishing the mission.
UserPostedImage
beast
5 years ago

Who else we missing?

LB: Kirk Olivadotti - 45

??: Jason Simmons (was secondary coach, report says he's being retained)

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

It depends if they're going to break the OLB/ILB and CB/S roles apart or keep them all under one label... but even then they usually have an assistant even if they are kept together.

Olivadotti was ILB coach on the Redskins

But WR coach, ST coordinator and many assistants at minimum

So we need an RB, WR, and 2 ST coaches. Lets finish this up.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

I believe it was reported we are retaining MM's RB coach.

UserPostedImage
beast
5 years ago
Oh wow, new TE coach (despite hearing we weren't changing)... and sometimes coaching is a very small world.

Matt LaFleur and tight ends coach Brian Angelichio are not going to be working together.

To replace Angeltichio, LaFleur is taking a chance on Justin Outten, a quality control/assistant offensive line coach who was coaching in high school three years ago. LaFleur and Outten worked together in Atlanta in 2016 when LaFleur was quarterbacks coach and Outten was an offensive intern.

packersnews.com/  wrote:

So new TE coach Justin Outten knows LaFleur... but who else?

Well reportedly Outten's high school head coach was none other than Mike Pettine's SR (
(who passed shortly after his son joined the Packers as defense coordinator) 

Outten then went to Syracuse, where his head coach was Paul Pasqualoni (currently the Lions defensive coordinator)

Then he got a new head coach at Syracuse, Greg Robinson, who was the defensive coordinator for Mike Shanahan's Broncos, and in 2015 DC for San Jose State where OL coach Adam Stenavich was working (now Packers head coach)

I believe it was reported we are retaining MM's RB coach.

Originally Posted by: beast 

So that's unofficially, like we were unofficial keeping the old TE coach... so ignore what I said until we hear it officially

UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago
It would seem that this coaching staff is going to be chock full of fast risers and Wunderkinder. I'm not sure if that excites me or makes me feel a little wary. Seems like a high-risk-high-reward sort of gambit. On the one hand, it could be a mass confluence of young, innovative talent putting their bright minds together. On the other hand, it could end up being a catastrophic object lesson in the Peter Principle.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
Beast said

It depends if they're going to break the OLB/ILB and CB/S roles apart or keep them all under one label...

I hope not.

Perhaps I am too old school in my thinking, but I believe if you play corner, you damn well better know what’s going on at safety and vica versa.

Same with outside linebacker and inside linebacker. People get injured, people get traded midyear. People need to know how to play multiple positions.

In fact, I think every secondary position player should know everybody else’s assignment on every play. I will bet you the Patriot players do. It’s part of being a cohesive defense.

It seems to me that this cohesion is lost when you have so many specialty coaches.

It simply isn’t that hard to know what the hell you’re supposed to do.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
beast
5 years ago

Beast said
I hope not.

Perhaps I am too old school in my thinking, but I believe if you play corner, you damn well better know what’s going on at safety and vica versa.

Same with outside linebacker and inside linebacker. People get injured, people get traded midyear. People need to know how to play multiple positions.

In fact, I think every secondary position player should know everybody else’s assignment on every play. I will bet you the Patriot players do. It’s part of being a cohesive defense.

It seems to me that this cohesion is lost when you have so many specialty coaches.

It simply isn’t that hard to know what the hell you’re supposed to do.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Even if you don't split them, there is still an assist where the two groups split up when focus on different things. So I honestly don't think it makes a difference other than one or two head position voices.

And they all have to learn about nickel and dime which is a tweeter position... so I think they are supposed to learn that stuff either way.

Though I do think 3-4 OLB is more like the DL pass rushing than traditional LBers.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

Even if you don't split them, there is still an assist where the two groups split up when focus on different things. So I honestly don't think it makes a difference other than one or two head position voices.

And they all have to learn about nickel and dime which is a tweeter position... so I think they are supposed to learn that stuff either way.

Though I do think 3-4 OLB is more like the DL pass rushing than traditional LBers.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Look at teams that have a consistent good pass rush. They have a solid DL that makes their OLB better. Rarely do you see the OLB carrying the load like that. Let's get a stout DL and build outwards.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (4h) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (4h) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (4h) : fuck
beast (5h) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (5h) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (5h) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (5h) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (5h) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (5h) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (5h) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (5h) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (6h) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (7h) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (7h) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (7h) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (7h) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (7h) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
now / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.