Smokey
5 years ago

He has been creeping up in the mocks I've seen recently. Some (or at least one I recall) had him going in the 20s) Its a need and if he passes the tests I wouldn't mind seeing him at #30. certainly at #44. I have also seen a few with him going in the late 40's and 50's but those were earlier ones. Like I said he has been creeping up. Interestingly Hockenson has been dropping. Saw one that had him at 106 overall

Originally Posted by: sschind 

You seen to have a good grasp on the college players. I for one would like to read more from you about this . Links or your reports can only elevate the quality of knowledge in this forum.

Well Done

UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
5 years ago

It would be cool to have Adderley's nephew, esp. if he was anywhere near as good as Herb. He was probably one of the first "shut down" corners.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Nasir says Herb is his "cousin" ... I read where it sounded like it's Nasir's grandfather that is first cousin with Herb. So does that make them third cousins?
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
5 years ago
When you're famous everyone is a cousin.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
I become very confused very quickly at the whole second cousin third cousin thing. If somebody actually had a explanation as to how those are identified I would appreciate it. then there always expressions like second cousin once removed, which I have no idea what that means.

My parents are really good at that stuff but regrettably I didn’t listen nor ask enough questions
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
5 years ago

I become very confused very quickly at the whole first cousin second cousin thing. If somebody actually had a explanation as to how those are identified I would appreciate it.
My parents are really good at that stuff but regrettably I didn’t listen nor ask enough questions

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Trying to do some quick research on the subject .... looks like it's all about how far they're off your line.

So Nasir and Herb actually might be "first cousins twice removed" if I'm understanding this correctly.... because Herb is grandfather is in Nasir's direct blood line, which makes them first cousin, but he's two generations ahead.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago

Trying to do some quick research on the subject .... looks like it's all about how far they're off your line.

So Nasir and Herb actually might be "first cousins twice removed" if I'm understanding this correctly.... because Herb is grandfather is in Nasir's direct blood line, which makes them first cousin, but he's two generations ahead.

UserPostedImage

Originally Posted by: beast 

I have seen this chart a few times in the past 2-3 years. My Mom's cousin would be my first cousin once removed and her kids my second cousins. We have always called each other 2nd cousin and third cousin respectively. It's just easier.
When it comes to the next generation down I don't even bother to differentiate. I tell them we are cousins.

As far as the topic at hand-
Edge
Edge
S
S
WR
TE
OL
DL
LB
RB
QB
CB
UserPostedImage
sschind
5 years ago

You seen to have a good grasp on the college players. I for one would like to read more from you about this . Links or your reports can only elevate the quality of knowledge in this forum.

Well Done

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Thanks Smokey. I'm a mock draft junkie because I have not watched a college football game in forever. I'm also kind of a nut for family connections so when I see a name I recognize I wonder if there is a relation (That's how I grabbed Chris Warren III in my fantasy draft last year.) I just see name linked to the Packers and i watch for them in other mock. Onece i get beyond round 2 I'm lost completely
gbguy20
5 years ago
I have a hard time being interested in mocks until April because so much changes between now and then. Still have the combine to move people up and down the board, pro days and then free agency will change team needs so drastically yet. Almost no point to mock now, might as well just create a player ranking list for now.
sschind
5 years ago

I have a hard time being interested in mocks until April because so much changes between now and then. Still have the combine to move people up and down the board, pro days and then free agency will change team needs so drastically yet. Almost no point to mock now, might as well just create a player ranking list for now.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

The point to starting now is to learn who the players are. I think I have only watched 2 college football game in life (Badgers Rose Bowls many years ago.) I have no idea who these players are so if i wait until April I'll still have no idea who they are. I wait until a week before the draft and I see the Packers are mocked to pick lets say Nassir Adderly at #12 and I hadn't seen any mocks until then I wouldn't have a clue that he really shot up peoples draft boards and I might think he was always rated that high. If you know the players then fine but this is how I find out about them.

As far as mocks in general there is really no point in them ever as its all a guessing game. I mean is it really that big of a deal to know who some internet clown thinks the Packers will take 2 days before the draft? I don't think so.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
Boys, Re Safety/Corner per Acme Packing in evaluating Jackson:

Opponents began to realize that Jackson lacked the raw speed to keep up with most NFL receivers, and capitalized when he was in one-on-one situations. Jackson’s performance seemed to spiral when he was successfully picked on, and in his better moments he still showed the technique and tackling that landed him in the second round. If he’s going to stick at corner, that technique is going to have to become rock solid. But he may be better served in terms of fit and confidence with a move to safety, where Green Bay could certainly use the help.

I agree with this assessment. Whether or not, and to what extent the Packers pursue free agents or draft picks at safety will definitely be predicated upon whether or not they move, or consider moving Jackson to safety.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (2h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (5h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (8h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (9h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (19h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.