wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
5 years ago

Prior to Ed’s recent post on the draft, I hadn’t realized Geronimo Allison is about to become a free agent. This poses quite a dilemma. Who knows what we have in Geronimo? In three seasons, he’s managed to start eight games, get 55 catches, gain 758 yards, and score four touchdowns. As his spare frame [...]
The post Will Geronimo Get a New Contract, or Be the Odd Man Out? appeared first on Total Packers.

Continue Reading @ TotalPackers 

TotalPackers wrote:

I have Allison on the "keeper" list in another thread. I don't know if GB will make him an offer. $1.5 to $2 for 2 or 3 years with a modest signing bonus makes sense. I think Cobb's days are over. It helps to keep someone on hand that Aaron knows and has a little trust in. Naturally if they pick up someone in the first or second round they probably won't make him an offer.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
5 years ago
He'll be very cheap to resign, so I think Cobb is gone instead. Though we do already have 3 guys just like Geronimo, and I have never been real impressed with him.
earthquake
5 years ago
He's an RFA isn't he? I don't fully understand the rules but doesn't that mean he should be cheap to sign? If so no reason not to have him in camp, he looked like a solid #2-3 option last year before he got hurt.
blank
gbguy20
5 years ago
He will definitely never be more than a number 3
buckeyepackfan
5 years ago
Allison was The Packers leading receiver last year when he went down.

Being an UDFA The Packers should at least put a 2nd tender tag on him.

In the National Football League, a restricted free agent (RFA) is one with three or less accrued seasons (six or more regular season games with a team)[1] of service, who has received a "qualifying" offer (a salary level predetermined by the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement between the league and its players, known as a "tender") from his current club.
He can negotiate with any club through a certain date. If the restricted free agent accepts an offer sheet from a new club, his old club has "right of first refusal," a five-day period in which it may match the offer and retain him, or choose not to match the offer, in which case it may receive one or more draft picks for the upcoming draft from the player's new club.
If an offer sheet is not executed, the player's rights revert to his old club the day after negotiations must end.

Tender amounts

Tender amount Compensation required
$2.879 million First-round
$2.023 million Second-round
$1.323 million Determined by RFA's original draft status
Each player that signs a tender receives a non-guaranteed one-year salary that corresponds to the tender level. Teams which choose not to match an offer on a player with a low tender receive a draft pick corresponding to the round in which the player was originally drafted (except that the highest pick that can be surrendered for such a tender is a second-round pick). For example, a player who was originally drafted in the sixth round of the NFL Draft would force the team signing him to give his former team a sixth-round pick in the upcoming draft as compensation for his service.
No compensation is required for an undrafted player on the lowest tender amount, so teams with valued undrafted RFAs are taking a risk by offering such tenders.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
beast
5 years ago
As an RFA, Allison will be tendered unless Gute thinks he's getting in the way of other WRs...

Before Allison got injured he was on pace to have 1,156 yards and 8 TDs... and was the teams only #2 WR (unless you count Graham)... when Allison and Cobb got injured is when teams could put all this focus on Adams and Graham and shut the offense down...

My guess is they'll bring Allison back on a one year tender / prove it basis and they'll go from there (honestly I wouldn't mind locking him up cheap for muli-year cheap deal, but I don't think he agent would go for it, as it normally doesn't happen as an RFA unless teams really think highly of a guy).

He's an RFA isn't he? I don't fully understand the rules but doesn't that mean he should be cheap to sign?

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

The projected tender prices I saw earlier were...
Projected Tender Price Options
1st Round Tender: $4,449,000
2nd Round Tender: $3,124,000
Original Round Tender: $2,045,000

He will definitely never be more than a number 3

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

He started out as a #2 last year...

Tender amounts

Tender amount Compensation required
$2.879 million First-round
$2.023 million Second-round
$1.323 million Determined by RFA's original draft status

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Very good job explaining the tender but I think the prices are outdated... as prices are only going up and 2018 prices were

First-round tenders are valued at $4.149 million in 2018.
Second-round tenders are $2.914 million.
Original-round and low-level tenders are $1.907 million.

sbnation  wrote:

UserPostedImage
gbguy20
5 years ago

As an RFA, Allison will be tendered unless Gute thinks he's getting in the way of other WRs...

Before Allison got injured he was on pace to have 1,156 yards and 8 TDs... and was the teams only #2 WR (unless you count Graham)... when Allison and Cobb got injured is when teams could put all this focus on Adams and Graham and shut the offense down...

My guess is they'll bring Allison back on a one year tender / prove it basis and they'll go from there (honestly I wouldn't mind locking him up cheap for muli-year cheap deal, but I don't think he agent would go for it, as it normally doesn't happen as an RFA unless teams really think highly of a guy).

The projected tender prices I saw earlier were...
Projected Tender Price Options
1st Round Tender: $4,449,000
2nd Round Tender: $3,124,000
Original Round Tender: $2,045,000

He started out as a #2 last year...

Very good job explaining the tender but I think the prices are outdated... as prices are only going up and 2018 prices were

Originally Posted by: beast 

Cobb was number 2 last year...

Let me rephrase what I was trying to say anyway. Geronimo isn't talented enough to ever be more than the 3rd best WR on a team. And if he is, then that team has some serious WR issues, in my opinion. Definitely not excluding the Packers from that either.
beast
5 years ago

Cobb was number 2 last year...

Let me rephrase what I was trying to say anyway. Geronimo isn't talented enough to ever be more than the 3rd best WR on a team. And if he is, then that team has some serious WR issues, in my opinion. Definitely not excluding the Packers from that either.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Your right, Cobb was #2 by snap counts in the first four weeks... but he sure didn't play like it after week 1.

Allison (IMO) was the closest to actually playing like a true #2 last year... though to be fair that's tough for any rookie to do... with him on pace averaging 1,100 I think he might have more than he's shown and could be better than we think.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
5 years ago

Your right, Cobb was #2 by snap counts in the first four weeks... but he sure didn't play like it after week 1.

Allison (IMO) was the closest to actually playing like a true #2 last year... though to be fair that's tough for any rookie to do... with him on pace averaging 1,100 I think he might have more than he's shown and could be better than we think.

Originally Posted by: beast 

That was an old article, so the prices were wrong.
I think they change with the cap number every year.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Zero2Cool
5 years ago
Geronimo can be an effective 2 or very good 3. Bring him back.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (47m) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (2h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (4h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (18h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
49m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.