TE Marcedes Lewis
TE Lance Kendricks
OL Byron Bell
CB Davon House
CB Bashaud Breeland
LB Jake Ryan
S Eddie Pleasant

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
(Teams can put a tender on them restricting them, if no tenders then they're basically UFAs)
Projected Tender Price Options
1st Round Tender: $4,449,000
2nd Round Tender: $3,124,000
Original Round Tender: $2,045,000

WR Geronimo Allison
S Kentrell Brice
S Ibraheim Campbell

EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENTS
(Pretty Cheap contracts if the Packers want to keep them, I don't have the price number right now, but player can only sign with the Packers unless the Packers choose not to offer a contract then they're basically a UFA)

OL Lucas Patrick
OL Justin McCray
OL Adam Pankey
OLB Reggie Gilbert
TE Robert Tonyan
WR Jake Kumerow
DL Fadol Brown
RB Lavon Coleman

POTENTIAL CAP RELEASES (amount it would save)
** = means if released before their mid-March roster bonus

OLB Nick Perry ($31.7** million over 3 years) ($10.56 million per year average)
TE Jimmy Graham ($17** million over 2 years) ($8.5 million per year average)
DT Mike Daniels ($8.3125 million over 1 year)
OC Corey Linsley ($14.65** million over 2 years) ($7.325 million per year average)
OT Bryan Bulaga ($6.6625 million over 1 year)
DB Tramon Williams ($4.75** million over 1 year)
OG Lane Taylor ($8.61** million over 2 years) ($4.305 million per year average)
K Mason Crosby ($3.6 million over 1 year)

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago
UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
UFAs can sign with any team

DL Muhammad Wilkerson
TE Marcedes Lewis
TE Lance Kendricks
OL Byron Bell
LB Jake Ryan

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
No tender offers attached:
WR Geronimo Allison
S Kentrell Brice

(Pretty Cheap contracts if the Packers want to keep them, I don't have the price number right now, but player can only sign with the Packers unless the Packers choose not to offer a contract then they're basically a UFA)

OL Lucas Patrick
OL Justin McCray
OLB Reggie Gilbert
TE Robert Tonyan
WR Jake Kumerow

Keep as of now:
OLB Nick Perry ($31.7** million over 3 years) ($10.56 million per year average)
TE Jimmy Graham ($17** million over 2 years) ($8.5 million per year average)
DT Mike Daniels ($8.3125 million over 1 year)
OC Corey Linsley ($14.65** million over 2 years) ($7.325 million per year average)
OT Bryan Bulaga ($6.6625 million over 1 year)
OG Lane Taylor ($8.61** million over 2 years) ($4.305 million per year average)
K Mason Crosby ($3.6 million over 1 year)

I will probably regret some of these choices but oh well.

UserPostedImage
gbguy20
5 years ago
Is that cap savings or cash savings?
nerdmann
5 years ago
UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
UFAs can sign with any team

OLB Clay Matthews GONE. Thanks for everything Clay.
WR Randall Cobb GONE. Maybe come back at a significant pay cut, but we've got enough "guys" at the position. Can't change direction like he used to and couldn't stay on the field this year. Still young, but we need his roster spot.
DL Muhammad Wilkerson RETURN. Another prove it deal, won't cost much.
TE Marcedes Lewis RETURN: I'd bring him back. LeFleur likes those blocking TEs.
TE Lance Kendricks RETURN: Let's see what he looks like in the new offense. Has to make the team, though.
OL Byron Bell GONE.
CB Davon House RETURN: I mean yeah, time to move on. But you never know, injuries could strike. Granted they will probably strike him as much or more than anyone, but it's good to have depth here. Has to make the team.
CB Bashaud Breeland RETURN: Dude could be our #2 if King goes down again and Jackson still needs development. Will have to increase his pay, but he's worth it.
LB Jake Ryan GONE. Maybe let him try to make the team. We have enough slow run stuffing ILBs.
S Eddie Pleasant RETURN: Depth guy. Let him make the team if he can. Won't cost much.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
(Teams can put a tender on them restricting them, if no tenders then they're basically UFAs)
Projected Tender Price Options
1st Round Tender: $4,449,000
2nd Round Tender: $3,124,000
Original Round Tender: $2,045,000

WR Geronimo Allison RETURN. But he has to make the team. Could beat out Kumerow as the backup perimeter guy.
S Kentrell Brice RETURN. But not with an expensive contract. Do not expect him to start. Depth guy, we are thin at S. Has to make the team.
S Ibraheim Campbell RETURN. Inexpensive depth guy. Has to make the team.

OL Lucas Patrick RETURN. He can back up at C, right?
OL Justin McCray GONE. Injury took it's toll.
OL Adam Pankey RETURN. If he can make the roster.
OLB Reggie Gilbert RETURN. Let him try to make the team one more time. But use both first rounders on the position.
TE Robert Tonyan RETURN.
WR Jake Kumerow RETURN. Let him beat out Geronimo to be the backup perimeter guy.
DL Fadol Brown GONE.
RB Lavon Coleman GONE.

OLB Nick Perry ($31.7** million over 3 years) ($10.56 million per year average) RETURN. He gets one more year, but his pitch count is LIMITED behind the two first rounders we have to spend on this position. Dude is strictly a depth guy to keep him healthy.
TE Jimmy Graham ($17** million over 2 years) ($8.5 million per year average) RETURN. Let's see what LeFleur can do with him. If Pettine can get Fackrell to the QB 10.5 times, I bet our new HC can make use of Jimmy. A newly drafted guy is gonna take a year or two.
DT Mike Daniels ($8.3125 million over 1 year) RETURN. Pay the man.
OC Corey Linsley ($14.65** million over 2 years) ($7.325 million per year average) RETURN. Worth the money.
OT Bryan Bulaga ($6.6625 million over 1 year) RETURN. Would be a better swing tackle than Spriggs. Fewer snaps would keep him healthier too. Presuming Spriggs can become a player.
DB Tramon Williams ($4.75** million over 1 year) RETURN. Veteran presence, he's our starter at S.
OG Lane Taylor ($8.61** million over 2 years) ($4.305 million per year average) RETURN. Nothing special, but doesn't break the bank.
K Mason Crosby ($3.6 million over 1 year) RETURN. But bring in serious competition.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
5 years ago

Is that cap savings or cash savings?

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Considering the cap follow the cash, it's actually both... because when you're looking at the entire contract, they're the same thing... just the accounting per year is different in the cap.

To give an example of the first person listed and the highest amount... Nick Perry

Cash Savings By Year
2019: $10.737500 million
2020: $10.6 million
2021: $10.4 million
Total Cash Savings: $31.7375 million

Cap Savings By Year
2019: $3.3375 million (because the entire 3 years of dead cut space goes against the first year when released)
2020: $14.3 million
2021: $14.1 million
Total Cap Savings: $31.7375 million

So the total amounts (which is what I used) is the same in either method... but the cap savings isn't until year two, but that doesn't really matter because you can sign players to use 2020 cap space instead of 2019... so it's fair (in my opinion) just to look at the averages.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
5 years ago
Thanks for the breakdown. I like looking at cap savings by year rather than cash. Looking at cash is misleading because in the above example it makes it look like we free up 10 mill in cap space by cutting Perry, but in the cap example it shows the real number of 3.something million. Makes more sense in my head like that.
beast
  • beast
5 years ago

Thanks for the breakdown. I like looking at cap savings by year rather than cash. Looking at cash is misleading because in the above example it makes it look like we free up 10 mill in cap space by cutting Perry, but in the cap example it shows the real number of 3.something million. Makes more sense in my head like that.

Your welcome... but I think you have it backwards... as the cash is correct saving and the cap (which is indirectly following the cash) is the misleading one.

It looks like we free up 10 million in cap space by cutting Perry, because IT DOES free up 10 million in cap space... it's just not immediately... because you have to immediately pay off the dead cap space the first year (when ever a player is cut).

The cash is right, the cap is misleading...

UserPostedImage
gbguy20
5 years ago
I should say it looks like we free up 10 in the first year. But we don't, we free up 3.something
beast
  • beast
5 years ago

I should say it looks like we free up 10 in the first year. But we don't, we free up 3.something

That's completely unimportant though... as you can move and it change the cap space from one year to another, just like the Packers did under Sherman with Favre's contract... you can take cap space from 2020 and put it into 2019... so which year it is in, is completely unimportant (unless you've over the cap in the current year, then it's important).

What matters is they actually do free up 31 million in cap space (over 3 years)... which they can use.

Edit: But cutting Packers (before his roster bonus) would free up the cash amounts of the years... that cash amount is the actually amount you would lose if he's on the roster for the year... cash amounts are correct and the cap is misleading accounting so they can spread signing bonus over multiple years, even though the cash all goes out the first year. So cutting Perry would save $10 million in year one, just the accounting is misleading, delayed reaction to the cash.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
5 years ago
Keepers
OLB Clay Matthews (or another edge rusher, but I like Matthews versatility)
DL Muhammad Wilkerson (we'll cut Brice for you if that what it takes to get you back 😛 )
TE Marcedes Lewis (maybe one of these two TEs and not both)
TE Lance Kendricks (I think LaFleur could actually use 2 TEs sets so maybe both)
LB Jake Ryan (one year prove it deal)
WR Geronimo Allison
S Kentrell Brice (benefit of the doubt that maybe he can improve and because we got bad depth at the position with him, without him is worse)
All the ERFAs are they're fairly cheap and I don't believe guaranteed anything if they don't make the roster
TE Jimmy Graham
DT Mike Daniels
OC Corey Linsley (I don't like paying a Center that amount, but it looks like it's going rate for top Centers and according to PFF he played like one of the top Centers, but so is Tretter at $3 million cheaper, though he couldn't stay healthy in GB)
OT Bryan Bulaga
DB Tramon Williams (as the only decent FS option, it'd be smart to keep him, even if we get another FS as we need a back-up option)

Getting Rid Of
WR Randall Cobb
OL Byron Bell
CB Davon House
CB Bashaud Breeland (I like him, but he got over paid in FA last year by the Panthers)
S Eddie Pleasant
S Ibraheim Campbell
OLB Nick Perry (if Matthews and Wilkerson are back (or two others potential edges, buh bye Perry)

On the fence
OG Lane Taylor
K Mason Crosby

They're probably both keepers... but it wouldn't hurt to try to find someone to beat them out, then if they lose their job cut them.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (2h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (12h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (19h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (20h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (21h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.