beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
5 years ago

I've heard the idea of keeping the teams "home" and facilities in jax but still playing 4-8 games in London.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

That's a very interesting idea... and I'm sure that would work for signing bonuses and away games... but I'm not sure if that would work for home games...

From a basic/quick search, it look like it would depend on weather NFL players qualify for the ‘foreign workers’ exemption’ ... which if they were earning less than £10,000 or total contract is "within the band for basic rate Income Tax" (a bit less than $200,000), but both of those are no.

So they would be forced to file their taxes in the UK... but everything is suggesting going to talk with an expert to get your situation checked out, because there is the potential that you might be able to get the tax money back.

It's a good idea, if the UK allows it... I'm just not sure they're gonna allow it for the game checks of the games that actually played in London. Currently I think they're all meeting the exception of not working in the UK for 10 days, so I'm not sure this has been tested (yet) by the NFL.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
5 years ago

Thanks for the info Rockmolder, if that's the case then maybe the Packers aren't going to London after all, because

It's Chargers or nothing for Packers international games in 2019 (unless NFL changes home games, which they haven't done before).

The NFL has announced that there will be four London games and five international games, including the 5 teams giving up a home game... "the Jacksonville Jaguars, Los Angeles Chargers, Los Angeles Rams, Oakland Raiders and Tampa Bay Buccaneers will each stage a home game outside the United States next season ".

The Packers play the Raiders and Chargers, but the Raiders game is in Green Bay. To go with what Rockmolder heard, the Chargers host the Steelers and Packers, so it could be either one, and the travel businesses might have some insider info that it's the Steelers.

The Panthers have a road game against the Bucs. The Texans have road games against the Bucs, Chargers and Jaguars... so they potential could have their first London game.

One reason I thought they would do it in 2019 was because the Chargers, Rams and Raiders were suppose to get their full time stadiums in 2020.... but if the Bucs are giving up games, the Packers do have an away game against the Bucs in 2020 (though I think their owners would hate giving up a road game against the Packers, especially since Packers winter time Florida games seem to be HUGE sells!

Originally Posted by: beast 

I didn't know the Raiders game was a home game for us. What a shame. I guess they won't be coming here, then. Like you said, as well, I can't imagine the Packers giving up a home game. Feels like it'd be pretty unfair to do so with such a long waiting list and being such an important part of the Green Bay economy.

Maybe our friends from Chicago are going, then. Seems like one of the few appealing home games the Raiders have scheduled outside of their own division.

There's a lot of speculation about the Texans coming this year, as they're one of the three teams who haven't played in the UK yet. About the Falcons, as well, because Sanu is travelling the UK with NFL Live. They could be playing a divisional game against the Jags, as that rivalry doesn't really feel all that real.

I do wonder what the hold-up's about, though. The international schedule is usually out by now.
Zero2Cool
5 years ago
We have been saved!!

UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
5 years ago

We have been saved!!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Well my original thought/guess was wrong... but I believe after the Panthers and Texans go, the Packers will be the only team that hasn't played in London.

And Jaguars owner Shad Khan offered a $800 million deal to buy Wembley stadium in London , though he withdrew the last week before an important vote, because the idea of the idea of selling the National Stadium became divisive  (probably especially since Khan is a foreigner)...

Another reason he could of been trying to buy the stadium is because he's making a huge investment into a brand new wrestling company, in attempt to complete with WWE's product.

But I still believe he's trying to build his fanbase in London and it gets enough popularity, then looking into moving the team to London to be with his other sports Franchise.
UserPostedImage
Dulak
5 years ago

Well my original thought/guess was wrong... but I believe after the Panthers and Texans go, the Packers will be the only team that hasn't played in London.

Another reason he could of been trying to buy the stadium is because he's making a huge investment into a brand new wrestling company, in attempt to complete with WWE's product.

But I still believe he's trying to build his fanbase in London and it gets enough popularity, then looking into moving the team to London to be with his other sports Franchise.

Normally I wouldnt like it but what am I supposed to do go see the bears? Lol ... My wife said she would even see a game (packers here in london) with me and she has turned anti (anything I like since being married :)

beast
  • beast
5 years ago

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
Hey, they are saving the best for last!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago
Packers have played in Tokyo, Japan and Toronto, Canada. Packers won both exhibition games.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (5h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (12h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (13h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (14h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (17h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (19h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (19h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (19h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (19h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (19h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (19h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (19h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (19h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (19h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (20h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (20h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (20h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (20h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.