Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages<12

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cheesey  
#21 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 11:13:08 AM(UTC)
Buckeye, don’t let it get to you. It’s not worth getting upset over. I have learned that myself the hard way.
You have legitimate opinions. Some will agree with you, some will not.

Just let it roll off your back, and don’t sweat it!
Zero2Cool  
#22 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 11:32:08 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan said: Go to Quoted Post
You all want to keep attacking my 1 negative opinion, go right ahead.

So, you admit being negative, thus, it's not really a true concern, just an unfounded gripe. Glad we agreed :D
steveishere  
#23 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 12:02:12 PM(UTC)
beast said: Go to Quoted Post
You think it should be an individual's own responsibly to forfeit power and millions of dollars salary to stop being competitive and might love to do? That system is gonna fail almost all the time... that's not Thompson fault for being human.

And it takes about 3 to 5 years to fairly grade a draft and Thompson was switched out of the GM spot from when his drafts started turning really bad.

Thompson seemed to be trying to develop young guys and we selected one of them so a succession plan might be working and do we know if he had any control or say I wrote who his replacement was? If no then why are we blaming him for succession plan?

How is it his responsibility for managing all the relationships that went sour, when they went sour because they didn't get promotions when he was forced out?

Everybody knew Ted was nearing the end of his tenure, the team had been fielding questions about it for at least 2 off-seasons prior to this one.

Maybe he did have a plan and everyone pretty much just thought it sucked and blew it up, either way he is at least partly responsible for an ugly transition. I certainly don't believe he ever had any ill intent but I do fully believe the reports of him being a terrible communicator even within his own staff and I think that played the most part in what went wrong.

I don't think Murphy would have stepped in like he did if everything planning and communication wise was all good. He would have been buried trying to make a move like this if he didn't have the support of everyone else high up in the organization.
gbguy20  
#24 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 12:49:10 PM(UTC)
Is an opinion legitimate when it is based on something that a person made up in their own head while ignoring the facts presented before them that dispute the bullshit they made up? I like opinions about facts, not opinions about lies.

What is the world
buckeyepackfan  
#25 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 2:04:30 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
So, you admit being negative, thus, it's not really a true concern, just an unfounded gripe. Glad we agreed :D

Zero,
Tou are the one that brought the subject back up just to call people haters.

Screw this, I can go on FB and read bullshit posts all day.

Zero2Cool  
#26 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 2:40:36 PM(UTC)
Zero,
Tou are the one that brought the subject back up just to call people haters.

Screw this, I can go on FB and read bullshit posts all day.

Sorry, buck. I wasn't trying to upset ya. But you are mistaken. I did not bring the subject up for haters, I brought it up because this is a Packers discussion board. I think we should capture articles and that's what happened here.
buckeyepackfan  
#27 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 3:26:32 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Rest easy you Murphy haters and move on.

Nm.
Zero2Cool  
#28 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 3:58:38 PM(UTC)
Nm.

No mercy? New Mexico?

When's the draft? We need something better to discuss lol 😜
Cheesey  
#29 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 5:44:52 PM(UTC)
An opinion is just that, an opinion.
Whatever it is based on.
Some have an opinion that we came from aliens. Is that based on “fact”, or is it B.S.?
It’s an OPINION.
Doesn’t mean they are right, or wrong for that matter.
Does it really tick people off if someone has a differing opinion of what they have?
gbguy20  
#30 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 5:58:16 PM(UTC)
Nm
Cheesey  
#31 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 7:40:20 PM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
Nm

“Never mind”???
That’s my guess.

Or maybe “nude midgets “???

LOL
sschind  
#32 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 8:17:16 AM(UTC)
Cheesey said: Go to Quoted Post
An opinion is just that, an opinion.
Whatever it is based on.
Some have an opinion that we came from aliens. Is that based on “fact”, or is it B.S.?
It’s an OPINION.
Doesn’t mean they are right, or wrong for that matter.
Does it really tick people off if someone has a differing opinion of what they have?

Ever heard of war? I'd say yes it does tick some people off.BigGrin

Seriously though some people get offended by the least little thing so getting ticked off over a difference of opinion isn't surprising.

Of course that is just my opinion.

earthquake  
#33 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 9:31:34 AM(UTC)
Opinions are all well and good but at some point it turns from a humble opinion to blind rhetoric. There are a number of examples on this forum where people deploy their talking points any chance they get, often ignoring the context or topic of the thread. Any regular member has read this stuff 100 times. At a certain point it's worth questioning what value raising the same point for the 101st time has?

Again, opinions and different perspectives are great, they tend to form the basis of any production discussion, especially when discussed with respect, but the petty bickering and relentless repetition of the same talking points add nothing of value.

But that's like, just my opinion, man.
Cheesey  
#34 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 10:10:13 AM(UTC)
All these dang opinions!!!!
ARGH!!!!!!!
LOL LOL
sschind  
#35 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 12:38:55 PM(UTC)
Cheesey said: Go to Quoted Post
All these dang opinions!!!!
ARGH!!!!!!!
LOL LOL

That's your opinion.

beast  
#36 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 12:50:09 PM(UTC)
steveishere said: Go to Quoted Post
Everybody knew Ted was nearing the end of his tenure, the team had been fielding questions about it for at least 2 off-seasons prior to this one.

Maybe he did have a plan and everyone pretty much just thought it sucked and blew it up, either way he is at least partly responsible for an ugly transition. I certainly don't believe he ever had any ill intent but I do fully believe the reports of him being a terrible communicator even within his own staff and I think that played the most part in what went wrong.

I don't think Murphy would have stepped in like he did if everything planning and communication wise was all good. He would have been buried trying to make a move like this if he didn't have the support of everyone else high up in the organization.

And everyone knew Murphy was in charge and Murphy said he had the plan for post Thompson... so why we put the transitional blame on Thompson, when it seems fairly clear Murphy (the boss) was taking charge on that responsibility?

I believe the Ravens switched from Ozzie Newsome to Eric DeCosta, but I think the owner seemed to make that final decision, just like the Packers. I just don't understand why this blame is on Thompson when the decision seems like it'd be above his role and Murphy claimed he was the one with the plan.
Cheesey  
#37 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 3:48:41 PM(UTC)
sschind said: Go to Quoted Post
That's your opinion.

And THATS your opinion that it’s MY opinion!!!LOL
Rss Feed