Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 6:43:29 AM(UTC)
I am about to leave for work and check my phone and see my daughter message me "I'm suck at the end of the driveway and I can't get my car out. Are you able to help me?" I was thinking our driveway and thought, why the hell did you sit stuck in our driveway for 20 minutes before asking for help? Then my phone rings, "Dad, I'm at Jennifer's, can you come help me? We can't get my car out".

When I got there, the dad says something about if he knew Jennifer was getting picked up he would have shoveled and I thought, you don't know that your daughter has early morning track practice Monday and Wednesdays?? I didn't say anything because I think he was just feeling bad that Keiana got stuck.

I was looking over her car to see how bad she was stuck when a neighbor comes over and says something like with the three us we could probably push her out. I couldn't help but kinda laugh as I looked at my truck thinking, you all think I have this truck so I could do manual labor at 6:20 AM on a Monday?

8030051539665794554.jpg (97kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

I hooked up the tow strap, tightened it up and walked that tiny little Honda Accord out like it wasn't even there. Pretty fun way to start the day! :D
Cheesey  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 8:57:53 AM(UTC)
Good job!
I’m kind of surprised the dad didn’t shovel, reguardless of whether his kid had to get out this morning.
How much snow are you supposed to get tonight? They are saying 4 to 8 inches for us.
Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 9:03:35 AM(UTC)
Cheesey said: Go to Quoted Post
Good job!
I’m kind of surprised the dad didn’t shovel, reguardless of whether his kid had to get out this morning.
How much snow are you supposed to get tonight? They are saying 4 to 8 inches for us.

Chatted with Keiana a little bit ago and told her I was surprised her friends dad didn't know his kid left every Mon/Wed morning for track practice. Apparently he did know lol. And Keiana said her dad has a truck too and didn't think about pulling her out, just stood there staring at her tires after she said "I'm calling my dad".

I keep hearing we're gonna get between 7-10" but we'll see. They said between 2-4" Sunday and I'm sure it was at least half foot.
Cheesey  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 10:39:10 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Chatted with Keiana a little bit ago and told her I was surprised her friends dad didn't know his kid left every Mon/Wed morning for track practice. Apparently he did know lol. And Keiana said her dad has a truck too and didn't think about pulling her out, just stood there staring at her tires after she said "I'm calling my dad".

I keep hearing we're gonna get between 7-10" but we'll see. They said between 2-4" Sunday and I'm sure it was at least half foot.

Wow....the dad must be a Bears fan.LOL
“Duh! I got a twuck, but dint tink of uzing it ta pull her owt.” LOL!
Is your truck 4 wheel drive?

Anyway, sometimes I get ticked off by the weather man, when they are so far off with their forecast. Then I think of how people 100 years ago had NO idea, NO warnings of what kind of storm that might be headed their way, and my anger goes away. I mean, they might have sunny and warm one day, and get hit with a blizzard the next, with no idea it was coming.
At least we have some kind of knowledge of what’s comin our way.
Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 11:07:18 AM(UTC)
Yep, four wheel drive. Otherwise, the truck don't move too well in the snow without it.
User is suspended until 11/13/2019 2:16:46 PM(UTC) Smokey  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 2:57:05 PM(UTC)
I don't understand how anything but a 4 wheel drive gets around in Wisconsin in the Winter. The snow/ice/and other hazardous conditions, IMO, would require equipment to match the conditions. I realise that long time residents don't get impressed with a little bad weather, but still caution and good sense should never be overlooked.

I'm pleased that all ended well, but I must ask, what was learned from this case ?

BigGrin
Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 2:58:50 PM(UTC)
Smokey said: Go to Quoted Post

I'm pleased that all ended well, but I must ask, what was learned from this case ?

BigGrin

I told her not to drive her little Honda Accord into unplowed driveways. She agreed saying her friend can walk to the road to get into the car! haha
Cheesey  
#8 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 4:13:16 PM(UTC)
I have never had 4 wheel drive, but I have front wheel drive. That makes a huge difference.

Hey Kevin.....I just told Lauriejean that your daughter is driving....,she was SHOCKED that she is old enough to drive!!! Man....how time flies, hey???Laugh
Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 5:17:28 PM(UTC)
I have never had 4 wheel drive, but I have front wheel drive. That makes a huge difference.

Hey Kevin.....I just told Lauriejean that your daughter is driving....,she was SHOCKED that she is old enough to drive!!! Man....how time flies, hey???Laugh

Lydia, my oldest is 22 and pregnant with her second child. ;)
Cheesey  
#10 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 5:42:05 PM(UTC)
Lydia, my oldest is 22 and pregnant with her second child. ;)

LJ just about passed out when I read that to her!!!
She thought your 17 year old was your oldest!
Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 8:35:02 PM(UTC)
LJ just about passed out when I read that to her!!!
She thought your 17 year old was your oldest!

I've been "dad" to Lydia since she was four. Her biological dad was always in/out of prison, sleeping with younger age girls, getting married, divorced, having multiple wives ... all in all, just wasn't ever there for Lydia. We bonded very early on and I had hoped he would wake up and step up, but it never happened. At age 14, she asked to have her last name changed to mine because "your my dad, and tradition says I have your last name". So, we changed her name.
wpr  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 8:52:58 AM(UTC)
I've been "dad" to Lydia since she was four. Her biological dad was always in/out of prison, sleeping with younger age girls, getting married, divorced, having multiple wives ... all in all, just wasn't ever there for Lydia. We bonded very early on and I had hoped he would wake up and step up, but it never happened. At age 14, she asked to have her last name changed to mine because "your my dad, and tradition says I have your last name". So, we changed her name.

Even thought I have heard this before, this is the best part of the whole thread. I never get tired of it.
wpr  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 8:59:43 AM(UTC)
About 10 years ago my son was going to meet up with us for dinner for his 21st birthday. He picked up his gf. Before meting us, they were driving around looking at Christmas lights when they ran off the road into a muddy field. They weren't very far into the field but it was soft and wet and we couldn't push him back on to the road so I had to call a tow truck. Pulling the car about 25 feet cost me $75. I wasn't real happy. I always "wondered" why they were looking at the lights in a small rural subdivision that was only a block long instead of driving around town where there are a lot more lights but I didn't push the issue.
Porforis  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 7:40:20 PM(UTC)
I am about to leave for work and check my phone and see my daughter message me "I'm suck at the end of the driveway and I can't get my car out. Are you able to help me?" I was thinking our driveway and thought, why the hell did you sit stuck in our driveway for 20 minutes before asking for help? Then my phone rings, "Dad, I'm at Jennifer's, can you come help me? We can't get my car out".

When I got there, the dad says something about if he knew Jennifer was getting picked up he would have shoveled and I thought, you don't know that your daughter has early morning track practice Monday and Wednesdays?? I didn't say anything because I think he was just feeling bad that Keiana got stuck.

I was looking over her car to see how bad she was stuck when a neighbor comes over and says something like with the three us we could probably push her out. I couldn't help but kinda laugh as I looked at my truck thinking, you all think I have this truck so I could do manual labor at 6:20 AM on a Monday?

8030051539665794554.jpg (97kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

I hooked up the tow strap, tightened it up and walked that tiny little Honda Accord out like it wasn't even there. Pretty fun way to start the day! :D

Awesome! See you tomorrow morning at 7:30AM to pull my Elantra GT out. :D
Zero2Cool  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 6:02:10 AM(UTC)
Porforis said: Go to Quoted Post
Awesome! See you tomorrow morning at 7:30AM to pull my Elantra GT out. :D

No problem, you paying for the gas? The yellow pig don't get crap for gas lol

http://www.fuelly.com/ca...500/2000/kduganjr/739124
Cheesey  
#16 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 4:31:19 PM(UTC)
Hey Kevin....LJ wants to know if you will adopt her!LOL
Rss Feed