wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
5 years ago

The Green Bay Packers should consider trading down in the first round of the 2019 NFL Draft. Despite entering the first round of April's draft with two picks, the Green Bay Packers should consider trading down. The Packers already own 10 picks, six of which come in the opening four rounds, but they have a

Continue Reading @ LombardiAve 

LombardiAve wrote:

I don't mind trading down this year. There are going to be good players available but I want to get something big in return. If they give up the 12th I want this year and next year's 1st in return. If we move out of the 1st round then 2 seconds and next year's first.

I really want the Seattle - Cleveland deal from Draft Day ie: 3 1st round picks but that's not likely. 😎
UserPostedImage
beast
5 years ago

I don't mind trading down this year. There are going to be good players available but I want to get something big in return. If they give up the 12th I want this year and next year's 1st in return. If we move out of the 1st round then 2 seconds and next year's first.

I really want the Seattle - Cleveland deal from Draft Day ie: 3 1st round picks but that's not likely. 😎

Originally Posted by: wpr 

It depends on how far they trade down... a lot of mocks have projected the QB needy Redskins to try to trade up in front of the QB needy Dolphins at #13... and of course lots of projections they'll do that by trading to #12 (though they'll probably start offers before that if they're seriously going to try that).

But you should always be open minded to good offers trade downs because the trade is literally a bit of a crap shoot... I mean in 2013, three of the first four picks where OTs ( #1 OT Eric Fisher, #2 OT Luke Joeckel, #3 DE/OLB Dion Jordan and #4 OT Lane Johnson)... who would of imaged the best OT would be selected with the 109th pick (David Bakhtiari).... and even when you have a pick that works out, there is always the threat of a career ending injury.

That being said.... there are about 6 elite Edge/DT in this years class and one MIGHT drop to the Packers at #12. If one of those elite guys drops to you, then you got to take a long hard look, after that I'm looking DBs, ILB White and trade downs... the offensive players just haven't impressed me that much as far as top 15.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago
If there are six elite Edge/DT .. . I promise, 3 will fall to 12. We always see teams reach for QB's in the top 10 and there's probably two or three that will be taken before our pick.

I wouldn't trade back unless it's an offer we can't refuse.
UserPostedImage
warhawk
5 years ago

If there are six elite Edge/DT .. . I promise, 3 will fall to 12. We always see teams reach for QB's in the top 10 and there's probably two or three that will be taken before our pick.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

They haven't had a lot of opportunities to go after a highly rated pass rusher until last year when they passed on Watt. Now I'm ok with Alexander and basically a freebe at #30 especially considering they can jump right back in this year and invest in a player that can get to the QB. If there is a really good one there this is a no decision. Run to the podium with the name.

If Gute can get the right guy at #12 and a good Safety or TE at #30 he will have done more in the first rounds of 2018 and "19 than Thompson did in his last three entire drafts. That's how you get things turned around in a hurry.

"The train is leaving the station."
beast
5 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Normally I'd completely agree with that logic as normally the draft is more balanced than it appears to be this year.

But this year the offensive position seem to lack elite guys... and some think the top 5 could be very heavy on those Edge/DL guys, especially with all of them claiming they don't need a QB (teams with selections 5 through 10 do though).

So I'm thinking it's going to be less than 3 and more like 1 (give or take 1).
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
5 years ago
For this list I have eliminated Qb's and Wr's, and Rb's.
I feel The Packers will wait till rnd 3 or later to select these positions.

These 2 players I feel are worth trading up to get if either one would happen to drop to 5 or lower. The chance is small, but it is the NFL draft.

Bosa, Nick (DE) Ohio State
Allen, Josh (OLB) Kentucky

Some of these players will be there at 12, and be worth the pick if The Packers decide to stay put.

Taylor, Jawaan (OT) Florida
Little, Greg (OT) Mississippi
Williams, Quinnen (DT) Alabama
Oliver, Ed (DT) Houston
Ferrell, Clelin (DE) Clemson
Gary, Rashan (DE) Michigan
Polite, Jachai (DE) Florida
Williams, Greedy (CB) LSU

These players currently have a 1st rnd grade, that could change after the Combine and Pro days.

Williams, Jonah(OT/OG) Alabama
Risner, Dalton (OT/OG) Kansas St.
Cajuste, Yodny (OT) West Virginia
Edwards, David (OT) Wisconsin
Ford, Cody (OG/OT) Oklahoma
Jenkins, Elgton (OT/C) Mississippi State
Winovich, Chase (DE) Michigan
Sweat, Montez (DE) Mississippi State
Burns, Brian (DE) Florida State
Ferguson, Jaylon (DE) Louisiana Tech
Thompson, Deionte (FS) Alabama
White, Devin (ILB/OLB) LSU
Bush, Devin (OLB) Michigan
Smith Jr, Irv (TE) Alabama
Fant, Noah (TE) Iowa
Wilkins, Christian (DT) Clemson
Lawrence, Dexter (DT) Clemson
Simmons, Jeffery (DT) Mississippi State
Jones, Dre'Mont (DT) Ohio State
Willis III, Gerald (DT) Miami (FL)
Baker, Deondre (CB) Georgia
Murphy, Byron (CB) Washington
Oruwariye, Amani (CB) Penn State

Here's the argument for trading down
The Packers currently have 3 of the top 45 picks.
The value charts all show they could easily turn those 3 picks into 6 picks and stay in the top 50 for all six picks.
With the talent available in the top 50, wouldnt break my heart at all if they traded down a couple of times.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
beast
5 years ago

These 2 players I feel are worth trading up to get if either one would happen to drop to 5 or lower. The chance is small, but it is the NFL draft.

Bosa, Nick (DE) Ohio State
Allen, Josh (OLB) Kentucky

Some of these players will be there at 12, and be worth the pick if The Packers decide to stay put.

Oliver, Ed (DT) Houston

These players currently have a 1st rnd grade, that could change after the Combine and Pro days.

Williams, Jonah(OT/OG) Alabama
Sweat, Montez (DE) Mississippi State
Burns, Brian (DE) Florida State
Thompson, Deionte (FS) Alabama
White, Devin (ILB/OLB) LSU
Simmons, Jeffery (DT) Mississippi State
Baker, Deondre (CB) Georgia
Murphy, Byron (CB) Washington
Oruwariye, Amani (CB) Penn State

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Very good post

I think you got to put DT Quinnen Williams and Bosa together as the top two players in this draft (and as far as position, Wilkerson is currently a FA and Daniels and Lower are going into contract years, so a future DT is needed)

I'm surprised you didn't put OT Jonah Williams with the other OTs, though I don't think Williams nor Little has worth the #12 spot. Williams was solid but just didn't seem like he was athletic enough for RT, at least not in the Packers old scheme. Little is athletic enough but he didn't play mean enough, and seemed like he could get bullied a bit by meaner, more physical guys. I haven't checked out Tylor yet.

ILB White and CB Murphy probably belong on the potential #12 as they are great athletes and based on Gute's first year, he loved great athletes, so I'd raise them to the higher list.

I'd put Polite with Sweat on depends on combine and maybe FSU Brian Burns too, I think teams could have those three averaging out the same, with their scheme being a big factor to which one they like more.

And I'd add Safety Nasir Adderley to the bottom list... Packers Hall of Fame Herb Adderley first cousins, twice removed! But the kid is athletic and instinctive but was a small school kid.
UserPostedImage
warhawk
5 years ago

Oliver, Ed (DT) Houston

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

I don't think Murray will last until #12. If that's true I only see two scenario's where we find a trade partner and that would be if a team really likes Lock or Jones at QB or a real shocker is somehow still sitting there. Like a player thought to be a top 5-7 pick.
The odds of one of these QB's being worthy of moving up for is not that great and if a stud is still there I would think Gute would jump on him.

I would also put Devin White in the top 12 and add Hockenson in the 1st round. I doubt he makes it to us at #30 but I can't see us passing on him if he were and he certainly wouldn't get by New England. He's close to a Gronk II type talent. I wouldn't be surprised to see NE move up to grab him.

I also can't see a draft where not a single WR goes in the 1st. I would think Metcalf or one of the Brown's will get selected in there somewhere.

"The train is leaving the station."
gbguy20
5 years ago
Lots of talk about Devin White in this thread. Here is a video breakdown of Devin. Seems like a boom or bust kind of pick. Worth the watch.

gbguy20
5 years ago
lets trade up i want this guy:

Fan Shout
dfosterf (10h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (11h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (14h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (17h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (18h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Around The NFL / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.