Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

buckeyepackfan  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 5:56:45 PM(UTC)
CheeseheadTV said:
-- The Green Bay Packers already made it a point to retain Geronimo Allison, issuing an original-round tender on Wednesday to keep the undrafted wide receiver in town for 2019.
But that $2.025 million dollar tender gives other teams the opportunity to pursue Allison, an unrestricted free agent. On Friday, the Packers had to fight a few of them off -- but not for very long.

Several teams prepared offer sheets to swipe Allison, according to Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com, with which the Packers would be given a certain number of days to match. But the Packers heightened the initial original-round tender they offered him earlier in the week and constructed a new, one-year deal with additional incentives.

Several teams have been mulling an offer sheet for Packers RFA WR Geronimo Allison but he will return to Green Bay on a new one-year deal. The agreed-upon contract will pay him more than the RFA tender he was offered with guarantees and the chance to earn additional incentives
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) March 15, 2019
Undrafted in 2016, Allison ascended into a training camp star before eventually contributing in his rookie season. He found a way to gain the trust of quarterback Aaron Rodgers and sculpted himself into one of his primary receiving targets.

Allison was on pace for a 1,000-yard season in 2018 before a barrage of injuries ultimately landed him on injured reserve. Whether it was a concussion, a hamstring or the torn adductor that did him in, Allison fought through but only played in five games.

Those five games were enough evidence for the Packers to keep Allison in their plans moving forward, however, it could eliminate the possibility of a return for fellow receiver Randall Cobb.

Allison agreed to the terms of his new contract without fielding any offers from any of the other interested teams, essentially confirming his desire to remain in Green Bay for as long as he has the power to, calling the city "his home."

"If it was up to me, I would want to be here and stay consistent here throughout my career," he told Jim Owczarski of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "But, just going over the years, I understand I have a strong faith and a strong work ethic and my talent, my production; that playing in this league is all about mental toughness and then production."

Continue Reading @ CheeseheadTV

Updated by moderator Friday, March 15, 2019 6:38:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

gbguy20  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 7:49:18 PM(UTC)
Nice.
KRK  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2019 4:23:01 AM(UTC)
Jason La Confora is quoted herein as saying:
Quote:
Several teams prepared offer sheets to swipe Allison, according to Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com
I am incredulous. Which teams? At what price? Did they offer or not?

Sounds like a rumor from the agent or elsewhere with the goal of making Allison look like a loyal soldier and the team look like it got strong value.

I am kind of glad they signed him, but I not buying the story.
Nonstopdrivel  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2019 7:11:56 AM(UTC)
Just because they prepared offer sheets doesn't mean they ever actually extended the offers.
KRK  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2019 7:37:35 AM(UTC)
Seven frogs are sitting on a log

four decide to jump off

how may are left on the log??

The answer is 7....just because they 'decided to jump, that doesn't mean they had actually had jumped.

They were simply planning to prepare offer sheets.
gbguy20  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2019 7:48:11 AM(UTC)
KRK said: Go to Quoted Post
Seven frogs are sitting on a log

four decide to jump off

how may are left on the log??

The answer is 7....just because they 'decided to jump, that doesn't mean they had actually had jumped.

They were simply planning to prepare offer sheets.

I love this.
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : Raptors played helluva good series. Bucks gotta adjust more. Use pick an roll. Good season, came short.
Nonstopdrivel (5h) : You let your opponent go on a 29-3 run in the third quarter, and you're not going to win many games in any league.
gbguy20 (5h) : welp
Nonstopdrivel (6h) : It's mind boggling that a professional basketball team could be so bad from the two-point range.
gbguy20 (6h) : the tides have turned
Nonstopdrivel (7h) : The only reason they're even in this game is because they're dominating on the boards.
Zero2Cool (7h) : They've tried last several possessions and missed three times.
Nonstopdrivel (7h) : It's obnoxious watching the Bucks refuse to play inside the arc.
gbguy20 (24-May) : the rocks career ascension since the 90s has been amazing
Zero2Cool (24-May) : IT DOESN'T MATTAH!!
Zero2Cool (24-May) : As The Rock would say ...
wpr (24-May) : we 3-4 or 4-3?
Zero2Cool (24-May) : yet, some are gonna ask we 3-4 or 4-3
Zero2Cool (24-May) : 2018 the league average for base personnel on defense fell all the way to 25%
Zero2Cool (24-May) : You wouldn't have wanted me in chat last night.
gbguy20 (24-May) : solid
Nonstopdrivel (24-May) : Anyone going to get their butts in the chat room for this game?
TheKanataThrilla (24-May) : lol
gbguy20 (23-May) : Still no bye week listed Kevin. Don't you know what you are doing? young idiot
Zero2Cool (23-May) : Only thing I can guess is how Falcons used Taylor Gabriel.
Zero2Cool (23-May) : if anything, they like his open field ability and figure if they can get the ball to him in the flat from backfield = win
Zero2Cool (23-May) : More so thinking it is just not leaving any stone unturned.
Cheesey (23-May) : I’m not questioning you Zero, just trying to figure it out. Is Davis that good that they are trying so hard to find a spot where he can play?
Cheesey (23-May) : Why would they try a last ditch effort? I mean, if they have to try THAT hard, is he really worth it?
Zero2Cool (23-May) : Keep in mind the quick little fast guys that the Rams, Falcons used. They might see Trevor in that role.
Zero2Cool (23-May) : More than likely, this is a last ditch effort to find a spot for Trevor.
Cheesey (23-May) : I agree gbguy. He must have a relative in a high position on the Packers!
gbguy20 (22-May) : except ty was actually good (at both positions) where Trevor has never shown a reason to be on the 53. how he has been here for so long escapes me
wpr (22-May) : It's the Montgomery experiment all over again.
gbguy20 (22-May) : Trevor Davis practicing as a RB during OTAs. what the hell
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Folks usually say the series don't start until road team wins
TheKanataThrilla (22-May) : There was a stat that indicated that home crowd was most important in basketball of the big 4 sports. Not sure why.
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Raptors are simply better team top/down, and two of their main guys are hobbled.
Zero2Cool (22-May) : And didn't learn from past mistakes and lost Game 4.
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Bucks should have lost Game 1, got lucky. Dominated Game 2. Screwed up in Game 3.
Zero2Cool (22-May) : I don't think they are gonna make it to the Finals. No effort, no heart last night.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Don't panic Cheesey, series will go 7 games. NBA needs that to happen.
Cheesey (22-May) : Bucks stunk it up tonight. If they keep this up, they will be WATCHING the championship on TV.
TheKanataThrilla (22-May) : Congrats Blues. Stanley Cup bound.
gbguy20 (22-May) : i c u cheesey
Cheesey (21-May) : Yeah....would have been good “JU JU”! LOL!
Zero2Cool (21-May) : Should have taken JuJu Smith-Schuster instead of Josh Jones
Zero2Cool (21-May) : " So I think it's a good opportunity for those guys to get the bulk of the reps. I think everyone in here is comfortable what Davante is about."
Zero2Cool (21-May) : LaFleur says Davante Adams is present, but he did not practice: "Just precautionary, and ... we do have some young receivers. So I think it's a good opportunity for those guys to get the bulk of the r
Nonstopdrivel (21-May) : They won another Eastern Conference Championship in '74.
Nonstopdrivel (21-May) : They won it all in 1971.
gbguy20 (21-May) : im assuming not
gbguy20 (21-May) : have the bucks ever won it all?
Cheesey (21-May) : Yup.hes best taking it to the hoop.
gbguy20 (20-May) : the nba 10 years ago vs now
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2019 Packers Schedule
Thursday, Sep 5 @ 7:20 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
BRONCOS
Thursday, Sep 26 @ 7:20 PM
EAGLES
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM