gbguy20
5 years ago

Gutey made some bold moves, moves that say he wants to win this year.
Hopefully they all work out

Looking ahead to 2020

Mike Daniels DE GB UFA -
Bryan Bulaga RT GB UFA -
Tramon Williams CB GB UFA -
Mason Crosby K GB UFA -
Marcedes Lewis TE GB UFA -
Jason Spriggs T GB UFA -
Kapri Bibbs RB GB UFA -
Kyler Fackrell OLB GB UFA -
Dean Lowry DE GB UFA -
Blake Martinez ILB GB UFA -
Trevor Davis WR GB UFA -
Geronimo Allison WR GB

Off the books after 2019
Daniels, Bulaga, Williams, Crosby and Grahahm(not ufa)
Adds up to apprx 45mil., add another apprx 10mil that the salary cap should go up, The Packers could go into 2020 season with apprx 55mil to spend.
Some of these guys will get resigned, some will not.
Orher than Allison, and Lewis, the rest will be looking to sign 2nd contracts

All in all The Packers are looking solid moving foward .

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

There was an article posted a few days ago "the packers won't spluge in FA again next year" that shows GB with only 28 million in cap space next year with only 31 guys under contract. Your numbers are very different.
Rockmolder
5 years ago

Daniel's may very well be losing it. Not saying trade up for Bosa, but Gute may take someone high at this position.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I think you may be right on him losing it a bit. Knock on him coming out was his frame. He made up for a lot of that with his athleticism and quickness. Those are skills that deteriorate way faster (for a 6'0, 310 guy) than the skillset a guy like Pickett had, who was just an immovable object and block-eater (towards the end of his career).

Like you said, I don't think we're trading up for a Bosa or Williams, if only because one of those guys will go 2nd and the other 3rd, most likely... Meaning we'll have to trade up and give up something like both our 1sts and our 2nd rounder. It does put into play a guy like Wilkins or, if you're not afraid of going undersized, someone like Oliver at 12. Especially with Wilkerson still being a free agent.
buckeyepackfan
5 years ago

There was an article posted a few days ago "the packers won't spluge in FA again next year" that shows GB with only 28 million in cap space next year with only 31 guys under contract. Your numbers are very different.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

A big chunk of the difference is Jimmy Graham.
He is under contract for next year.
He has another year like last year and I can't see where Gutey is going to keep him.
I also figured in a 10mil raise in the Salary Cap.

My numbers are not hard mumbers, anything can happen, this is just taking what I know from expiring contracts. Plus Jimmy Graham.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
TheKanataThrilla
5 years ago

Daniel's may very well be losing it. Not saying trade up for Bosa, but Gute may take someone high at this position.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I am wondering if we would look at a Khalen Saunders to replace Daniels. That would be a 4th round pick area. Almost the same type of body size and athleticism.
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

I don't belive that to be true. But...

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/cap/2020/ 
UserPostedImage
Smokey
5 years ago
With the 2019 Packer roster still being built, it is not reasonable to criticise GB's roster just yet. They are fully aware of the teams needs and how they are planning to deal with them. The GM and HC have already made significant personal moves and I expect that they will continue to impress me moving forward.
Cutting the fat and getting leaner and meaner seems to be the direction the Packers are taking. Youth, speed, and experienced veterans that still have gas in their tanks, IMO, will result in a very good 2019 Packer roster. Right now we need to stop, wait, and watch as the new blood revitalizes our favorite team.

Go Pack Go !

UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
5 years ago

With the 2019 Packer roster still being built, it is not reasonable to criticise GB's roster just yet. They are fully aware of the teams needs and how they are planning to deal with them. The GM and HC have already made significant personal moves and I expect that they will continue to impress me moving forward.
Cutting the fat and getting leaner and meaner seems to be the direction the Packers are taking. Youth, speed, and experienced veterans that still have gas in their tanks, IMO, will result in a very good 2019 Packer roster. Right now we need to stop, wait, and watch as the new blood revitalizes our favorite team.

Go Pack Go !

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Smokey, don't think anyone is criticizing, just a freindly discussion of different opinions.
😁😁😁😁😁

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Smokey
5 years ago

Smokey, don't think anyone is criticizing, just a freindly discussion of different opinions.
😁😁😁😁😁

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Yes, some are critical. Maybe not in this thread, but certainly in others. Also, I never implied that this thread's post were unfriendly. My friendly opinion is to not render an opinion about the 2019 GB roster until I see the 5th or possibly 6th week of the upcoming reg. season.

[twocents]
Here's your change.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (1h) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (8h) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.