Zero2Cool
4 years ago
I won't pretend that I know Aaron Rodgers face to face, however, I have watched nearly every one of his press conferences and every episode of his (now defunct) radio show with Jason Wilde. I also take immense pride on hearing both sides of a story, or at least consider that I'm being fed fluff from somewhere, someone. That being said, the Tyler Dunne article I feel was very much slanderous and bullshit.

To say that Aaron has an ego is no surprise. He's a freaking elite talented QB and you'd be hard pressed to find an athlete at any level who isn't going to have similar ego and walk with similar arrogance.

One of the things Aaron said coming into the NFL that always stuck with me was if he's remembered more for being a great QB than great person, he considers it a failure. That is not word-for-word, but the point is, he values being a good person over being a good athlete.

There are many times I've watched Aaron give a sarcastic answer to a reporter that have been written as "Aaron being arrogant, Aaron showing he's the smartest one in the room and remind us" and such. The thing to remember here is a lot of the times it's because he has a rapport with the reporter he's replying to. He often times give a little smirk at that reporter to kind of say "gotcha!". For example, when Randall Cobb signed with the Packers, Cobb actually reached out to Jason Wilde first via iMessage, BUT, Wilde was asleep. So, one of the locker room conference deals Aaron said something like "Unless you're sleeping on the job" or something like that. Out of context, it reeked of arrogance and being condescending. Thing is, Aaron was just giving Jason shit, that's it!

I do not like how Aaron interacts with young WR's on the field. A few times I saw him really get on a guy when I thought damn man, just hold that in and when he comes to the huddle, put your arm around him and inspire him, say something like "gotta catch that, but I know you will next time" or "don't worry about it, we'll get it next time". I am also cognizant of I could be out of line here. Maybe Aaron knows which players need inspired, and which players need that throat crunch. I only know how it looks on the TV and my interpretation of it.

I am not a fan of disconnecting with family, that is something I think Aaron should fix. BUT, I am 100% ignorant to what happened. And with having lost my mother, I am over-sensitive about family. You can also take into consideration how moronic his brother is with his social media and airing out family issues publicly. Aaron did say that family sometimes changes and start to expect things from you just because of your fame/stature. I really don't know what is going on with his family, and won't pretend to either. I just know how I feel about it and what I (hope) would do in similar situation.

Greg Jennings ... some of the things he said I believe are TRUE. One interview Greg said Aaron didn't like bunch formations because he would rather use his cadence to get the defense to show what they were going to do. I believe this to be true because it fits what I "know" about Aaron the player. He wants control and that responsibility. The counter argument to that would be, why didn't we see more bunch formations with non-12 QB's behind center?

When it came time for his contract, James Jones was verbally backed by Aaron Rodgers. Aaron later said that was a mistake and that he needs to be QB, not GM. So when Greg Jennings doesn't get that same vocal backing that Jones did, suddenly his QB doesn't "want him" on the team.

As Packers fans, I have read some saying TRADE HIM, and so many disparaging things and it really annoys me. I see what is happening, I read articles like all of you too. That Dunne article meshed rumors and other things already said with some newly acquired and sought out information to validate it. Some Rob from TotalPackers used Dunne's article as validation of his opinion.

People are so quick to knock down a "millionaire" because of the money they make and because of their celebrity status. Aaron does not like the fame, he does not want to be the focal point. The article was right about Aaron wanting everyone to dedicate themselves as much as him and him turning a bad eye on those who don't. It's the same issue with any exceptional athlete. They fail to understand they have gifts that others do not, yet demand others to be as good as them and putting forth similar if not greater dedication.

When it comes to the whole 49ers drafting Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers. That was not Mike McCarthy! McCarthy said he felt Smith was the more mobile of the two. “The story I heard, and I don’t know if it’s true or not, was that Mike Nolan said when he saw Alex open the car door for his mom, he knew that was his quarterback,” Aaron Rodgers said, per Pro Football Talk . Aaron said he would from time to time would joke with Mike and that sometimes Mike would be like "you just get over it". Aaron told this to his radio show audience! Aaron was being lighthearted about it but obviously there was some truth behind it and Mike was uncomfortable about it. It's not hard to see how some in the same room would think "OMG Aaron is holding a grudge!" about it. The background on that is not told.

The article Dunne inked up was aimed to degrade the player and the man that is Aaron Rodgers. The article didn't go into how many charities Aaron handles (Tahoe, MACK Fund, etc), how many selfless things he does for numerous people or anything of that nature. The fact that he went to Greg Jennings and Jermichael Finley tells you everything about his motives.

Aaron is one of the good guys. I hope Packers fans give him the benefit of doubt until HE does something to deserve losing such benefit. Take it from someone who follows the Packers and puts more stock in facts than hyperbole.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
4 years ago
Can I applaud this 1000 times somehow? I am interested to see how 12 addresses the media this week.
Zero2Cool
4 years ago
This is what I was talking about too.

UserPostedImage
gbguy20
4 years ago
what does "arod would Ft me during commercial shoots" mean?

whats Ft
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

what does "arod would Ft me during commercial shoots" mean?

whats Ft

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Knowing that Aaron Rodgers has an iPhone, I am going to guess, FaceTime? If not that, then I haven't a clue.

Here's another example of the kind of person Aaron Rodgers is.

UserPostedImage
Pack93z
4 years ago
In the end... Rodgers is a "Don't touch me red jersey" QB... any ego is to be expected. 😂

I believe Dunne was out looking for a headline and clicks.. he had two very willing ex-teammates waiting to continue to grind their ax.

What transpired is more one sided hit piece than reporting. I expected more out of Dunne.

That said, something was very off last season, a continued theme from the last couple of seasons.

But because Dunne took the headlining shots and didn't play it down the fairway, we really can't use it for an inside look at the final days of MM's tenure.

What is apparent though... the Packers needed a direction change.

Here is to hoping that we have the right people in place to redirect.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
4 years ago

Here's another example of the kind of person Aaron Rodgers is.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

So Following the "journalistic reporting" line of reasoning, HHCD is saying that Aaron does coke while making his commercials.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
4 years ago
The “reporters” know that no one will read “AR is a great guy”. So they make up crap based on snippets of info.

As far as family, I always wanted a relationship with my brother. He was 7 years older then me. He just never made any effort to have one with me.
He died at age 43.
I was the only one that stood up and said anything good about him at his funeral.
So you never really know what goes on behind closed doors. Who tries, who doesn’t.
I wish it would have been better.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago
James Jones spoke again two days ago. If you paid ANY attention to the Dunne article, and do not watch this, screw you asshole.

UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
4 years ago
Sure going to be nice when James is at Lambeau getting inducted into The Packer HOF and Greg is at home probably still whining !

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (6h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (9h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (10h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.