Zero2Cool
5 years ago
If you can go only one direction with time travel, which would it be? Would you go into the past, or into the future? And how far would you go?
UserPostedImage
Smokey
5 years ago
Time travel in only one direction, past/future, does not allow the traveler to return to their point of origin. The traveler could, if they chose to travel into the past, stop at different ever further past dates. One could plan it so they could visit great events/people of the past, but as one went farther into the past they would sacrifice things like electricity, indoor plumbing, and modern transportation (cars,planes, and trains). A good horse would take on the added value it once held. The draw however could be meeting/ observing famous people/events from the past.

The future would be an even less certain travel option. While technology should continue to advance, travel into the future could land you in a world that you were not expecting. One might land in a world already destroyed by nuclear war or by biological weapons. One might enter a world devastated by a collision of the earth with an asteroid or comet. On the other hand it might just be a paradise were food, energy, and resource problems have been eliminated.

If I could retain the option of returning to my point of origin, I'd visit the past. Being most careful to not to disrupt the events of the time traveled to. Eliminating Hitler or Ben Laden as a child might sound great, but it might be worse as far as how the future could unfold. However, witnessing Thomas Jefferson as just another person attending church or being another face in the crowd to hear/see Jesus Christ could be life altering. Being discovered would be constant danger, but getting to see Julius Caesar/Rome might be a most interesting thing. In addition, if planned well, one could return from the past as a most wealthy person. Imagine investing in Apple or Microsoft on the ground floor !
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
It would be an easy choice for me.
I would go back in time.
In January 1974, my Dad was in the hospital with a heart attack. The doctor told us he was doing great, and would be back home in a couple weeks.
The next morning, he was dead.
I would go back to 1973 so that I could tell him one more time how much I loved him, and to apologize for all the times I was such a bonehead.
I’m glad I got to see him and tell him I loved him the night before he died. So he knew it.
He always stressed to me to never avoid telling someone you loved them, as you never knew when it would be the last time you saw them, no matter who might make fun of you.
Any of you reading this, if you love someone, TELL THEM SO!
UserPostedImage
Smokey
5 years ago
I too have lost family and close friends, but for me they have a valued place in my past and disturbing/adding to those memories only serves to stir up the pot where my memories rest. I would however like to not interact, but observe (without it being known) certain members of my family tree as they were long before I was born. My father as a young man that joined the US Navy in 1940, my Grandfather (father's side) to see him in the prime of his life as he lived and farmed in N.C., and Charles Carroll of Maryland (signer of both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution) come to my mind first. I'd just like to be the guy sitting in the tavern or at church anonymously observing them.

Interacting with people in the past, especially family members, runs a risk of altering/damaging the timeline of their/your future. I can understand wanting to go back and visit those that we have known in our lives, but I believe that doing so would be a great mistake and could do more damage than good.

If one could go back and discover lost information about shipwrecks, or lost civil war gold, or just what the truth of Oak Island is could be both fascinating and profitable too. Was there another shooter in Dallas the day Kennedy was killed?
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
Ahhh! So , Smokey watches “civil war gold” and “oak island”! 2 of my favorite shows. That, and the lost gold of ww2.
I just wish at least One of them would actually find something!
I myself like treasure hunting with my metal detector.
Anyway.....beings as time travel isn’t real, it’s all just for fun to talk about it.
If it WAS real, I would have told my Dad to get to a cardiologist BEFORE the first heart attack so they could do heart bypass, as I had done.
So maybe he would still be here.
But being as none of it is real, I guess it doesn’t really matter.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
5 years ago
I'm aware of many unsolved cases that involve treasure. Ships, mines, hidden clues yet to be discovered that could lead to artifacts or gold or truths that need to be revealed.

Was LBJ behind the Kennedy assassination? Did Hitler really die in 1945 or did he escape to S.America as some believe. Did Howard Hughes promise Melvin Dummar a fortune for coming to hid aid one day outside of Las Vegas? Have real Aliens visited the Earth and who would know if they ever have? Do programmers really need to make changes to perfectly good web sites or do they do so just because they can? 🤨

As for trying to change the past, IMO that is most unwise and could result in an even worse future. Watch the movie,"The Butterfly Effect" as it tells just such a story. Stopping Judas Iscariot from betraying Jesus may be noble, but it would change much of the history that followed that time.

Had many children known that their parents whipping/beating practices could have been stopped, but could also have resulted in breaking up their family, would they have wanted to travel in time and put a stop to their abuse as a child? Complex questions that interfering with the past bring up.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
The TV show “Timeless” was good at showing what could happen if you could change the past.
There was a movie too (I can’t remember the name) where an American aircraft Carrier went back in time, and could have stopped the attack at Pearl Harbor. They were going to attack the Japanese bombers, then at the last minute decided not too because of how it might change things too much.
Talking about treasure, I saw in TV where a man in England uncovered a gigantic treasure with his metal detector. It took days to gather it all up.

With the JFK assassination, I too wonder what all really went on. Jack Ruby killing Oswald, was it just because Ruby loved JFK and couldn’t stand seeing Oswald’s smirk, or was he hired to silence Oswald? I remember seeing a film of Ruby saying he wanted to go to Washington, where he would tell the whole story of why he killed Oswald, and if they wouldn’t spend him there, no one would ever know the truth.
They didn’t send him to Washington. I wonder why?
And Hitler, I believe he got away. There are so many things that have come up over the years that show a strong Nazi presence in South America after WW2. And eye witness reports that say they saw Hitler there. He sure had the resources to do so.

I think I’ll change my answer and go forward in time. Then I can get the “Power Ball” numbers!!!😂
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago
I've grown a strong fascination with RFK the man, and also the assassination.

I would probably go 5,000 years into the future. I love history, but to go way into the future would be amazing. It would be incredible to see how many "historical facts" are misquoted and inaccurate as well as how many are actually accurate.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago

I've grown a strong fascination with RFK the man, and also the assassination.

I would probably go 5,000 years into the future. I love history, but to go way into the future would be amazing. It would be incredible to see how many "historical facts" are misquoted and inaccurate as well as how many are actually accurate.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I can see it now....”historical facts”...”the Minnesota Vikings won 4 Super Bowls in the 1970s and were a dynasty”.......😂

RFK, I was 11 years old when he was killed. One of the saddest things was, if the bullet had hit him anywhere else then behind the ear, he probably would have survived.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
5 years ago
Final Countdown was the film and starred Kirk Douglas. Martin Sheen and James Farentino played major roles as well. Farintino remains in 1941 and emerges as a billionaire when the ship returns to port.

The uncertainty of travel into the future is a risk not worth the gamble.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (14h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (14h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (14h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (15h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (16h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.