Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages12>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nerdmann  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2019 8:13:31 PM(UTC)
pft

Quote:
Rodgers’ comment would be an attention-grabber even without his history of passive-aggressive interactions with former coach Mike McCarthy. It also represents the first indication of something other than unconditional and unequivocal submission to the new offense that LeFleur has brought to town. And the decision to make the remark to a reporter could create the kind of friction that may eventually be reported and then loudly denied by Rodgers and the Packers.

But this is how it goes with Rodgers, who often rattles off with a wry smile and a periodic Southern-sort-of accent the kind of dirty-laundry-airing comments that few other quarterbacks would ever make. All of this stuff should be kept behind closed doors, and most quarterbacks approach things that way.

Dude is not getting with the program. He knows we don't have a viable backup.

This is on Aaron.

Does he REALLY think anyone is gonna support him in this against MLF? All it's doing is proving everything Tyler Dunne said about him to be true.
Cheesey  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2019 8:54:32 PM(UTC)
Oh geez.....to me, it’s a lot to say about nothing.
Another “nothing is happening, so what can we make into something!”
That’s how I see it, at least.
gbguy20  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2019 9:24:55 PM(UTC)
this is a non issue. every qb in the league worth a shit wants freedom at the line. big fucking deal. h was asked a question, he answered. doesn't mean it is a problem or him rebelling.
beast  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 12:50:03 AM(UTC)
False Title...

Rodgers is saying he prefers having his freedom...

Rodgers is NOT saying, he won't do what the coach says, which is what the title and first post are suggesting.

Have you never been asked to do something at work that you don't wanna do? Or in a manner that you don't wanna do?

Just cus you don't prefer it that way, doesn't mean you don't do it anyways... they're clearly two different things.
KRK  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 3:48:21 AM(UTC)
In high school, we had a system which allowed quarterbacks to audible. In college, we did not...it was the dumbest thing in the world. Any quarterback wants the ability to change...duh.

Nerd, I think you need to R-E-L-A-X

I am just guessing here, but it seems to me, that with the amount of motion designed into the new systems, there would naturally be fewer audible options as the snap would be coordinated with the motion. This might prove to be more restrictive to Rodgers than in the past...so what?

Beast, as usual, makes an excellent point, just because you don't like something, doesn't mean you won't go with it.

How many of us have had our wife ask us how we prefer they get their hair cut...then they come back with a style or color we would not have chosen i.e. something different. That doesn't mean we don't go with it, it just means we would have preferred something else.

nerdmann  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 4:22:40 AM(UTC)
Gute needs to bring someone in.
Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 4:47:07 AM(UTC)
1st of all, we had this headline 6 hours earlier than this was posted. The poster decided to make their own headline (no big deal at all) rather than use the less pointed headline (not surprised).

2nd of all, Mike Florio is an unapologetic Vikings fan. He takes shot at the Packers as frewias he can. Anyone who's read that side for more than a season picks up on that quickly. Mike Silver is also know for drsmstizing quotes. He's a good writer because of it.

3rd of all, I'm giving Aaron the benefit of doubt on this based on experience with listening to Aaron and knowing of the sources intent.

4th of all, if our Head Coach cannot defend his scheme, then do we really want that kind of a HC? If the HC truly believes in his scheme, he can get Aaron's buy-in just fine. I'd rather Aaron challenge the HC (and the HC also must challenge Aaron) than being a yes man.
buckeyepackfan  
#8 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 6:48:29 AM(UTC)
I just hope this is all we, as fans, have to ralk about for the next 35 days.

Players are scatteted to the wind.

No News is Good News.

People are going to believe what they want.

Just gotta roll with it.

35 days of silence!!
Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 7:34:25 AM(UTC)
And now let us read the full article and see what we feel.

http://www.nfl.com/news/...tween-system-qbs-freedom
olds70supreme  
#10 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 10:07:18 AM(UTC)
Read the article, seemed like a good read.

Confirmation bias affects us all, and it sucks :).
nerdmann  
#11 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 11:32:21 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
1st of all, we had this headline 6 hours earlier than this was posted. The poster decided to make their own headline (no big deal at all) rather than use the less pointed headline (not surprised).

2nd of all, Mike Florio is an unapologetic Vikings fan. He takes shot at the Packers as frewias he can. Anyone who's read that side for more than a season picks up on that quickly. Mike Silver is also know for drsmstizing quotes. He's a good writer because of it.

3rd of all, I'm giving Aaron the benefit of doubt on this based on experience with listening to Aaron and knowing of the sources intent.

4th of all, if our Head Coach cannot defend his scheme, then do we really want that kind of a HC? If the HC truly believes in his scheme, he can get Aaron's buy-in just fine. I'd rather Aaron challenge the HC (and the HC also must challenge Aaron) than being a yes man.

Where's the other one. Might be Uffda or someone I have blocked.
KRK  
#12 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 12:08:35 PM(UTC)
Per previous prognostication prior to perusing the piece, KRK said:
Quote:
I am just guessing here, but it seems to me, that with the amount of motion designed into the new systems, there would naturally be fewer audible options as the snap would be coordinated with the motion. This might prove to be more restrictive to Rodgers than in the past.

Having now read the entire piece, that would seem to be a significant factor...:Article/LaFleur
Quote:
Additionally, some of the personnel and formations are so specific to certain play calls that it's tough, if not futile, to change on the fly.

"I think that has a lot to do with it," LaFleur said. "We move a lot more. There's a lot more motion. There are a lot more moving parts. And so if you just let the quarterback have that freedom to just get to whatever, I'm afraid it would slow our guys down. Now, he is a special talent and he's got an incredible mind, so as we move forward throughout this process he's getting more freedom. It's just, where is that happy medium?"
earthquake  
#13 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 7:29:19 PM(UTC)
Lol, as soon as I read the PFT post I knew Nerd would make a thread about this. Confirmation bias is delicious and Nerd is one hungry mofo.

But yeah, in the context of the actual article, both the coach and QB seem to be in sync. What a shocking development.
Mucky Tundra  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 1:25:56 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post

Silver is also Cal alumni and always been a Rodgers partisan.

As to the subject of the article, others pretty much covered it: MLF wants A, Rodgers wants B and eventually we'll get C. The fact that Rodgers came out in a national interview and said this makes me not worried at all. If I saw it being passed around as a rumor on twitter or something, I'd be a bit more worried.
Edit:
nerdmann  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:49:31 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra said: Go to Quoted Post
Silver is also Cal alumni and always been a Rodgers partisan.

As to the subject of the article, others pretty much covered it: MLF wants A, Rodgers wants B and eventually we'll get C. The fact that Rodgers came out in a national interview and said this makes me not worried at all. If I saw it being passed around as a rumor on twitter or something, I'd be a bit more worried.
Edit:

Thing is, with the structure of the system, it's not amenable to audibling. Gonna be a lot more wasted timeouts.
buckeyepackfan  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 8:40:49 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
Thing is, with the structure of the system, it's not amenable to audibling. Gonna be a lot more wasted timeouts.

Well now I'm not going to be able to enjoy the summer.

earthquake  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 9:45:25 PM(UTC)

Listen. Listen listen okay. The thing is. The thing with it is. Nerd had his story in his head before he read the article. Aaron is a problem. They gotta bring someone else in. They should trade him and start Kizer. Gotta see what the kid has. No way Rodgers will ever win another game. He'll probably murder a kitten on stage in the 3rd preseason game, and then we'll all look silly.

I wonder if I could write a Nerdman bot that just cycles through "shit the bed", "stat-whoring" and other catch phrases whenever Rodgers is mentioned.
Mucky Tundra  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 10:09:03 PM(UTC)

I got the impression from the article that MLF is trying to find ways to make it amendable to calling audibles at the line for situations that Rodgers feels are appropriate. MLF knows Rodgers ability to read the D at the line is something that needs to be taken advantage of. Reading the article, it seems rather than subverting the new scheme, Rodgers is engrossing himself and diving into it.
Cheesey  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 8:04:20 AM(UTC)
earthquake said: Go to Quoted Post
He'll probably murder a kitten on stage in the 3rd preseason game, and then we'll all look silly.

If you would have said PUPPY, then I would have been REALLY upset!
LOL
nerdmann  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 12:06:52 PM(UTC)
earthquake said: Go to Quoted Post
Listen. Listen listen okay. The thing is. The thing with it is. Nerd had his story in his head before he read the article. Aaron is a problem. They gotta bring someone else in. They should trade him and start Kizer. Gotta see what the kid has. No way Rodgers will ever win another game. He'll probably murder a kitten on stage in the 3rd preseason game, and then we'll all look silly.

I wonder if I could write a Nerdman bot that just cycles through "shit the bed", "stat-whoring" and other catch phrases whenever Rodgers is mentioned.

Actually I knew what the response would be.
Rss Feed