beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
4 years ago
Packers President Mark Murphy, took my [Beast's] season proposal! And promoted it!

So what's Murphy's idea?

The Packers president would like to see the NFL add just one game to the regular season schedule, but with a twist.

"There's some things that we can do in the season structure that would allow us to play more games at neutral sites, either internationally or non-NFL cities that would help us grow the game," Murphy said, via The Athletic.

To put that in layman's terms, Murphy would prefer a 17-game schedule with that extra game being played as a neutral site game or an international game. Basically, that means every team in the league would either play at a neutral site or an international site every year.

Continue Reading @ by John Breech 

by John Breech wrote:

(PS: The title calling it perfect, is John Breech's article title, not my words)

9 YEARS AGO

I agree it is 'ridiculous'... both sides are earning billions or trillion and they're b!@#ching... also I think they're messing up the sport a bit by taking a home game from some teams and making them play over seas...

How about this... instead of 18 games... go to 17 games ... 8 home, 8 away and one at a non NFL city...

Originally Posted by: beast 

5 years ago

Personally I want to keep it at 16 games, but when the NFL was talking about 18 games season I was wondering if they might split the difference and play 17 games. 8 home, 8 away and 1 at non-NFL stadium.

And maybe have it where the decide who picks which teams get to decide where to play. Such as maybe AFC odd years, NFC even years or something like that.

2 Years ago

When they were talking about having 18 games per season, I brought up that idea... have 17 games, 8 home, 8 away, 1 Non-NFL City Game

I would like to THANK Zero2Cool for making this amazing website for all of us, which keeps all of our old posts and makes them easy to search for, I found those three in a simply quick basic search (and I'm sure there are more, as I've been suggesting that idea a number of times, for a while (surprised 9 years ago, times flies).

Also thanks to Mark Murphy for (clearly [wink]) reading this amazing website and taking my proposal to the next level (though don't forget to give credit or perks to where you get your ideas from (both me and the founders/runners of this amazingly great website). [thumbup]

UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
Cool...putting forth great ideas is highly commendable. Awesome.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
beast
  • beast
4 years ago

Cool...putting forth great ideas is highly commendable. Awesome.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Thanks KRK, I'm still not sure they should change anything, just thought this was a creative way to add one more single game and play in different places.

I know the Packers have been trying to play international games (at least in select markets (pro to UK, Canada and Mexico, but not China (too far for them)) but they aren't about to give up a home game and other teams aren't about to give up a road game with the well travelling Packers fans if they can help it.

I can't remember if this is accurate, but I want to say after this season, the Packers will be the only team that has not played a game in the UK.

Plus when it's the Packers turn to select places maybe they could select a stadium in Milwaukee or Canada? Or where the Wisconsin Badgers play!
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
4 years ago

Plus when it's the Packers turn to select places maybe they could select a stadium in Milwaukee or Canada? Or where the Wisconsin Badgers play!

Milwaukee wouldn’t work, as Miller Park was built only for baseball. They couldn’t fit a football field in there. (I wish they would have designed it so football could be played there)
But it WOULD work at Camp Randall stadium in Madison.
I don’t think the Packers would do it though, as it would take away from their income at Lambert Field.
UserPostedImage
sschind
4 years ago

Thanks KRK, I'm still not sure they should change anything, just thought this was a creative way to add one more single game and play in different places.

I know the Packers have been trying to play international games (at least in select markets (pro to UK, Canada and Mexico, but not China (too far for them)) but they aren't about to give up a home game and other teams aren't about to give up a road game with the well travelling Packers fans if they can help it.

I can't remember if this is accurate, but I want to say after this season, the Packers will be the only team that has not played a game in the UK.

I knew someone had been throwing that suggestion out there over and over and over again but I wasn't sure who 😉 They want to add more games because it will bring in more money it's as simple as that. It won't make anything better as far as the game is concerned and the added potential for injury could make it worse. The neutral site would theoretically ad interest and even more money. Making more money isn't necessarily a bad thing but I think if they are going to get the players on board they are going to have to give up a quite a bit as well.

buckeyepackfan
4 years ago
Good idea,
To build on it, the players are going to want something.
Everyone, of course will get a 1 game raise, I would like to get rid of the 7 players who are inactive every week.
Make it a 53 man roster.
Also a relaxed IR.
Something similar to baseball.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
4 years ago

Milwaukee wouldn’t work, as Miller Park was built only for baseball. They couldn’t fit a football field in there. (I wish they would have designed it so football could be played there)
But it WOULD work at Camp Randall stadium in Madison.
I don’t think the Packers would do it though, as it would take away from their income at Lambert Field.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Da Bares use to play at Wrigley and it was a problem running into the east endzone. A few years ago Illinois and Northwestern played there. They did not use the East endzone except for a pick 6. Both teams lined up and ran their offense toward "home plate".

Even if they can play at Miller Park of Camp Randall, I doubt they would use it. A visiting team would think it's a Packer home game. Cleveland might be able to play in Michigan's Big House but not Detroit. On the other hand, after the new stadium is compete, I don't see a problem if the 2 LA team play in the Colosseum.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
4 years ago
Does this also come with an extra bye week?
Cheesey
4 years ago
The first Packer game I saw live was at Milwaukee County Stadium in 1970. It was a preseason game against the Bears and ended in a 6-6 tie.
They could barely fit a football field in there, and both teams were on the same sideline.
Miller Park purposely was built as a baseball only stadium, and they can’t fit a football field in it no matter which way.
I myself think that was very short sighted. But that’s what they wanted.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
4 years ago

I knew someone had been throwing that suggestion out there over and over and over again but I wasn't sure who 😉 They want to add more games because it will bring in more money it's as simple as that. It won't make anything better as far as the game is concerned and the added potential for injury could make it worse. The neutral site would theoretically ad interest and even more money. Making more money isn't necessarily a bad thing but I think if they are going to get the players on board they are going to have to give up a quite a bit as well.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Hey, it was over and over with years apart from each other 😉 ...

Yeah I think more games could make it worse product as a whole, both from injuries standpoint, and because by the end of the year a number of teams have nothing to play for other than pride and individual players contracts already. More games just means more teams will have either locked up a spot or be already out of the chase by the season ended.

But this idea sorta split the difference of adding one single game, while not forcing anyone to give up a home game. As you point out, the players would still have to get on board, but I think a number of the players like playing somewhere different on a neutral site, but you're right that's not gonna move the needle at all for the Union.

Good idea,
To build on it, the players are going to want something.
Everyone, of course will get a 1 game raise, I would like to get rid of the 7 players who are inactive every week.
Make it a 53 man roster.
Also a relaxed IR.
Something similar to baseball.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

I think most would prefer that in some shape or form.

Does this also come with an extra bye week?

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

I think they're two separate ideas, which could be combined if one wants to.

The non-NFL-city game is more about spreading NFL into new locations that it's normally not played in... depending on how to do it, it doesn't necessary have to be neutral locations (one idea I had was to set it up, for AFC gets it one year and the NFC gets it for another, letting the teams plan and decide where the games are played), but another could be the NFL and trying to get some international games (though those might be nice to have a bye week before or after).

The other extra bye weeks idea, was simply to expand the season in terms of number of weeks it's covered via TV, without necessary expanding the number of games, which the players might be more open to it (if you cut preseason shorter to counter the extra week time for players).

The first Packer game I saw live was at Milwaukee County Stadium in 1970. It was a preseason game against the Bears and ended in a 6-6 tie.
They could barely fit a football field in there, and both teams were on the same sideline.
Miller Park purposely was built as a baseball only stadium, and they can’t fit a football field in it no matter which way.
I myself think that was very short sighted. But that’s what they wanted.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I wasn't aware of Milwaukee's stadium, I just knew they used to play there some, I guess that's over with.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (8h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (9h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.