KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
This is a really interesting thread with some great perspectives.

I think the most interesting is that if we had been 3-4 games better, we would still be with the old regime. For that reason alone I am glad it didn't happen.

Its like when I was hot on this girl Trixie Laroux....I would have liked to........but she turned down my overtures.... it didn't happen, even though I wanted it to.....and now I have a wonderful wife.

As BPF banged out:

Sometimes the best trades are the ones you didn't make!

even if you wanted to make them.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
TheKanataThrilla
4 years ago
If Mack is on the Packers chances are Aaron doesn't get hurt. Healthy Aaron and the whole season is probably different.

Then again, the way the season went down helped make the coaching changes we should have made a couple of years ago.
beast
4 years ago

If Mack is on the Packers chances are Aaron doesn't get hurt. Healthy Aaron and the whole season is probably different.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

I honestly think Rodgers injury as the cause of the struggled season is being overblown, the guy looked like his normal great self at times early on when he had veteran WRs to work with and that was right after the injury.

Rodgers sucked more, not around the injury time, but when he had to play with the rookie WRs whom he wasn't on the same mental page as and didn't seem to trust half as much, as Rodgers (especially in the Seahawks game) almost refusing to throw it to the RB unless it was a design play to get the running back open (cus the Seahawks didn't even pretend to cover the RBs if they didn't go so far down the field, and left them wide open cus they knew Rodgers wasn't looking there).
Mike McCarthy didn't use designed plays to get guys open, so it was all up to Rodgers and his chemistry and trust with guys, and Rodgers struggled to take any chances with the rookies, instead deciding to hold onto the ball even longer looking for something better.

Which is one thing Rodgers has to get better at, as this new system will have a lot of designed plays to go to specific areas or passing to the RB instead of scanning the entire field looking for the best down field matchups. So Rodgers might actually have to take the ball out of his hands more often and trust others for the greater good of the system.
UserPostedImage
warhawk
4 years ago
I agree that the Packers probably win a couple more games with Mack last year. I was not in favor of this move because this team was not one player away from being a contender. There were multiple holes to fill in the starting lineup and lacking depth at several positions.
Mathews and Perry were killing us with what they were being paid, we had no safeties, and the Oline was very thin at both G spots and swing T. These areas have been addressed in FA along with talent in the draft that probably wouldn't be on this team had they won a couple three more games.

Put it this way I don't think Pettine is crying over the fact he has the Smith's and Gary to work with and not Mack. I wonder if Savage would be on this team had they gotten Mack and won a few more games.

I just see this team winning more games this year and years to come the way it's trending with no Mack in the picture. Admittedly, I am not big on mortgaging high draft picks and particularly at this juncture with where the team stood talent wise. It robs a team of depth and potential. I get it with the Bears and Trubisky still on a rookie contract. Thanks but no thanks.

"The train is leaving the station."
Zero2Cool
4 years ago
What games would Mack have tilted in our favor? The Vikings game?
UserPostedImage
sschind
4 years ago

What games would Mack have tilted in our favor? The Vikings game?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

What games would he have tilted in our favor? Its difficult if not impossible to say. What games could he have tilted in our favor? Who knows, maybe all of them. A sack, a strip sack, a fumble recovery an extra pressure here or there all could make a big difference. Especially if they happen on a drive that resulted in an eventual TD for the opposing team. They may have recovered or they may not have. There is simply no way to know which games may have ended differently if we had Mack. Who knows, we may have even lost more.

Zero2Cool
4 years ago

What games would he have tilted in our favor? Its difficult if not impossible to say. What games could he have tilted in our favor? Who knows, maybe all of them. A sack, a strip sack, a fumble recovery an extra pressure here or there all could make a big difference. Especially if they happen on a drive that resulted in an eventual TD for the opposing team. They may have recovered or they may not have. There is simply no way to know which games may have ended differently if we had Mack. Who knows, we may have even lost more.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

I guess I can't really remember a game last season where I thought dang if our defense was just a little better on the pass rush we'd have won. I felt the offense was big issue.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
4 years ago

I guess I can't really remember a game last season where I thought dang if our defense was just a little better on the pass rush we'd have won. I felt the offense was big issue.

If for no other reason, Aaron wouldn't have faced such a tenacious pass rush in week 1. He wouldn't have been hindered with an injury and would in all probability been more effective all year.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago
I don't think Mack would have put us over the edge. We couldn't even make the playoffs without him. Now if we got to the 2nd round of the playoffs, I'd be thinking ya on to something.

We were far more than a Mack from being contenders.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
4 years ago

I don't think Mack would have put us over the edge. We couldn't even make the playoffs without him. Now if we got to the 2nd round of the playoffs, I'd be thinking ya on to something.

We were far more than a Mack from being contenders.

Absolutely. My only contention is that GB MIGHT have had a better record than the bares. But it is all conjecture. You know, the stuff that makes up 90% of the internet discussion boards. My original comment was more than likely GB would not be 6 games better but they might have been 3 games better (9-6-1) and da bares 3 games worse (9-7). It wouldn't have all been because of Mack. A healthier Rodgers would have been a factor as well.

Would I have wanted Gute to make the deal Chicago did and give away so much? No. But that is another issue for another thread. And this site does have space for a few more threads.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (2h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (6h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (16h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (23h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.