dingus
14 years ago
The problem with thinking the Bears will have a top offense is no one is mentioning their aging and so-so O line. Pace is not even close to the T he once was and williams hasn't played a down yet if I'm remembering correctly. Cutler will not come near to his #'s from last year IMO.
blank
zombieslayer
14 years ago

Yes but Cutler is elusive and a great passer out of the pocket. Bumping the WR is fine if you can get to the QB but the more time Cutler buys the more time Hester has to get open.

I would actually do the opposite with the Bears. Cover 2 man under maybe. The problem there though is Olson and Forte are great catching balls and our LB's are pretty mediocre in pass coverage.

I'm telling you, Cutler to the Bears is alot more dangerous than most on here are making it out to be.

I'm not saying Cutler is Montana but he is a good fit for the Bears. They are literally 1 WR away from having the potential to be one of the best offenses in the league (sounds weird).

We don't really match up well with them in my opinion.

"dd80forever" wrote:

Bears had a whopping #16 D last year and it's on the decline. Our D sucked because of injuries and lack of depth on the DL. If Ted Thompson can fix the DL, our D will do circles around their D. If he doesn't, he may be out of a job.

Forte vs Grant is a wash. Our WR core is superior. They got a better TE. As much as I complained about our OL last year, ours is at least better than da Bears' OL.

Their STs took a big hit last year with Hester become a full-time WR. Heck, WE had more TDs on our STs than they did.

Why are you worried about da Bears again? Like I've said before, if the Vikings get a QB, I'd be worried. But da Bears? No.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
dd80forever
14 years ago

Yes but Cutler is elusive and a great passer out of the pocket. Bumping the WR is fine if you can get to the QB but the more time Cutler buys the more time Hester has to get open.

I would actually do the opposite with the Bears. Cover 2 man under maybe. The problem there though is Olson and Forte are great catching balls and our LB's are pretty mediocre in pass coverage.

I'm telling you, Cutler to the Bears is alot more dangerous than most on here are making it out to be.

I'm not saying Cutler is Montana but he is a good fit for the Bears. They are literally 1 WR away from having the potential to be one of the best offenses in the league (sounds weird).

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Bears had a whopping #16 D last year and it's on the decline. Our D sucked because of injuries and lack of depth on the DL. If Ted Thompson can fix the DL, our D will do circles around their D. If he doesn't, he may be out of a job.

Forte vs Grant is a wash. Our WR core is superior. They got a better TE. As much as I complained about our OL last year, ours is at least better than da Bears' OL.

Their STs took a big hit last year with Hester become a full-time WR. Heck, WE had more TDs on our STs than they did.

Why are you worried about da Bears again? Like I've said before, if the Vikings get a QB, I'd be worried. But da Bears? No.

"dd80forever" wrote:

Because I think you are dismissing them a little to easy.

First off Pace may be getting up thier in age but he still has game. The truth is Pace allowed a whopping 2 Sacks last year which was tied for 3rd in the league amongst LT's. Chad Clifton ranked 23 out of 31.

Shaffer will help the run game. Tait and St. Clair were turnstyles and are both gone. The Chicago O-Line is going to be much improved. They made some nice moves to fix what ails them.

There are also rumors floating around that Hester is trying to lure Torry Holt to the Bears.

Cutler elusiveness combined with Forte and Olson receiving ability as checkdowns is going to make the Bears offense a whole lot better than it was last year.

Defensively it's about a wash bewtween the GB and Chicago. I can't comment on the new 3-4 as we've yet to see anything of it. I'm undecided on Capers.

This team was 3 games better than us last year. Whether we didn't get the breaks or whatever doesn't really mean anything to me. Cutler, Shaffer, and Pace are nice additions while we just kind of sit idle.
blank
longtimefan
14 years ago
in case you missed it that was our biggest area of issue imo and to a lot of other people

So while you say the Bears addressed an area of need, how can you say the Pack sat idle?
porky88
14 years ago

"dd80forever" wrote:

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Because I think you are dismissing them a little to easy.

First off Pace may be getting up thier in age but he still has game. The truth is Pace allowed a whopping 2 Sacks last year which was tied for 3rd in the league amongst LT's. Chad Clifton ranked 23 out of 31.

Shaffer will help the run game. Tait and St. Clair were turnstyles and are both gone. The Chicago O-Line is going to be much improved. They made some nice moves to fix what ails them.

There are also rumors floating around that Hester is trying to lure Torry Holt to the Bears.

Cutler elusiveness combined with Forte and Olson receiving ability as checkdowns is going to make the Bears offense a whole lot better than it was last year.

Defensively it's about a wash bewtween the GB and Chicago. I can't comment on the new 3-4 as we've yet to see anything of it. I'm undecided on Capers.

This team was 3 games better than us last year. Whether we didn't get the breaks or whatever doesn't really mean anything to me. Cutler, Shaffer, and Pace are nice additions while we just kind of sit idle.

"dd80forever" wrote:

GB sat idle and passed Chicago once before. Why not try again?

You're overrating Jay Cutler as much as some overrate Aaron Rodgers on here.

Jay Cutler is 17-20 as a starter. He is a great QB with a lot of potential, but he doesn't elevate a team like a Brett Favre did once upon a time or even what Matt Ryan did with a very average talented Atlanta Falcon team. He's not the player you're making him out to be.

Orlando Pace is average right now. Chad Clifton vs. Orlando Pace is wash. I really wouldn't take neither and I'm huge Pace fan back in his prime. Pace is not as good as last years best rookie offensive lineman, Ryan Clady whom was protecting Cutler.

Chicago's interior line needs help. They're about as good as the Packers.

I do like Olsen.

Matt Forte and Ryan Grant averaged the same amount of yards per carry last year. Their numbers are very close.

Defensively, Chicago has very little pass rush. Alex Brown, Mark Anderson, and Adewale Ogunleye combined for 12 sacks last year.

So did Aaron Kampman and Cullen Jenkins and Jenkins played in only 4 games.

Their tackles are solid with Tommie Harris and Anthony Adams should start, but I don't know what's going on there. None the less they need depth.

Their linebackers are solid. I like Briggs a lot. Urlacher isn't a big time player anymore, but he's still above average at what he does.

Secondary is awful in Chicago. Their safeties stink. They'd be wise to start Daniel Manning at free safety and I think they will so that's a big upgrade for them.

Charles Tillman struggled last year. Nathan Vasher is actually on thin ice. I read he was almost release. They lack depth behind them. No real true SS.

That team was overachieving last year. Yeah they won 9 games, but GB won 13 in 07. Were the Pack a 13 win team? You and I both know that's probably not the case. They came back down to earth this past year even without injuries.

Before this deal Chicago was probably a 6 or 7 win football team. Now they could get to 10, but they aren't far away better than Green Bay and I still don't get how people seem to be dismissing Minnesota. The Vikings are still top to bottom the best built team in my opinion. Chicago is better, but they won't that good to begin with.
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I don't understand why you think Matt Ryan elevated the Falcons. His numbers were dismal. If anything, it was Michael Turner who elevated the Falcons.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
14 years ago
Turner was nearly NFL MVP last year. Ryan will be a team elevator though. The dude is sweet.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
porky88
14 years ago

I don't understand why you think Matt Ryan elevated the Falcons. His numbers were dismal. If anything, it was Michael Turner who elevated the Falcons.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Matt Ryan was a rookie. I looked at him as a rookie and not as a three or four year player. For what he did as a rookie was most impressive and he and yes Michael Turner elevated Atlanta last year, but Turner didn't do it himself. Ryan was clutch and crucial in big game situations.

Does anyone remember Aaron Rodgers as rookie in training camp? He was terrible. He was bad in his second one too. That's not a knock on Rodgers. He's turned out to be pretty well, but that should put a emphasis on just how good Matt Ryan was last year.

Ryan's rookie season was amazing. His QB rating was right on par with Jay Cutler's. He completed over 60% of his passes which is another great statistic and he was clutch. He was clutch against the Packers and the Bears. That's kind of ironic.

Atlanta doesn't sniff the playoffs with Joey Harrington or Chris Redman. You can't overlook Matt Ryan's rookie season.
Orygunfan76
14 years ago
Please pass the kool-aid.
blank
Orygunfan76
14 years ago
What, a Green Bay gazette writer pumping up the Packers for doing next to nothing and ripping the other rivals for making improvements, say it isn't true? :thumbleft:
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (13h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (14h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (17h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (20h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Around The NFL / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.