Zero2Cool
4 years ago

That’s true. But that’s part of being in the public eye. If you take the money and the fame, you have to take the bad too.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

This doesn't even make sense. They play a sport they love that compensates them well and because of that they have to deal with the "bad"? I'm missing something here. Educate me please.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
4 years ago

This doesn't even make sense. They play a sport they love that compensates them well and because of that they have to deal with the "bad"? I'm missing something here. Educate me please.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Wow....really? . I need to explain it to you????
ANYONE that takes a job, be it athlete, actor, politician, that makes them a public figure, has to expect to be more under the microscope then us “average” folks.
Atheletes that are any good are treated like gods from a young age on. Like they are some how better and more important then anyone else. I think that has a lot to do with the superiority complex many (not all) of them have.
So being a “famous” person is going to put you in a position where you may get blasted, rightly or wrong, by someone in the media or by ticked off fans.
Look at how Favre was blasted by opposing fans after he admitted the drug abuse. “Fans” showing up with signs that were down right nasty.
Had he been “Joe Blow” from accounting, no one would have cared. But he was a pro athlete. That put him in the crosshairs.
If you want the accolades, you have to expect not everyone will “love” you.
To think otherwise isn’t being honest.

I really do hope that explains it clearly.

I’m not saying people saying bad things about these guys is right, although some DO deserve it by their own actions. But especially in today’s computer world, if you are a public figure, every move you make will be dissected by someone.
Do you disagree with what I said?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago
I don't remember nasty signs or comments towards Favre about his drug problem. I remember being encouraged by how many people were understanding and supportive and showed empathy.

Which has me thinking the difference here is I'm an optimist and your a pessimist. Probably due to my being young and naive lol.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
4 years ago

I don't remember nasty signs or comments towards Favre about his drug problem. I remember being encouraged by how many people were understanding and supportive and showed empathy.

Which has me thinking the difference here is I'm an optimist and your a pessimist. Probably due to my being young and naive lol.

You really don’t remember?
They had hypodermic needles, and giant sized Vicodin signs.
I bet you could find pics on the web reguarding what I’m talking about:
Also, I’m not a pessimist. I am a realist. I remember some fans with nice signs. I just call it as it is.
Like how I pointed out Ahman Green and others that were great signers.
But I don’t ignore things that don’t fit what I want to believe.
There were good signs and bad signs for Brett. I saw BOTH kinds.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

You really don’t remember?
They had hypodermic needles, and giant sized Vicodin signs.
I bet you could find pics on the web reguarding what I’m talking about:
Also, I’m not a pessimist. I am a realist. I remember some fans with nice signs. I just call it as it is.
Like how I pointed out Ahman Green and others that were great signers.
But I don’t ignore things that don’t fit what I want to believe.
There were good signs and bad signs for Brett. I say BOTH kinds.

What I remember most about the bad was the MVP More Vicadin Please kinda things. The support is what impacted me the most. That might have been due to me being in Alateen and trying to learn about abuse as a teenager due to my mother and grandpa's alcohol abuse.

You are NOT a realist lol. Not even close. You have a jaded view of so many things and feel it's real. It is not. 😝
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
4 years ago

What I remember most about the bad was the MVP More Vicadin Please kinda things. The support is what impacted me the most. That might have been due to me being in Alateen and trying to learn about abuse as a teenager due to my mother and grandpa's alcohol abuse.

You are NOT a realist lol. Not even close. You have a jaded view of so many things and feel it's real. It is not. 😝

That’s your opinion. You seem to look at things through rose colored glasses.
Yet you admit you saw the “MVP” thing. I saw the giant pill and other things as WELL as the positive ones. Most if the positive ones were in Lambeau Field, where the bad were at away games.
I was a teen drunk. It took a lot to break away from it. So I have gone through things myself.
My views come from years of experiences. I’m not going to try to spin everything as positive when it’s not. That doesn’t make me a pessimist. A pessimist is ALWAYS looking at the negative side of things, never the positive. That is not me.
I have talked about a lot of positive things on this site. But because I don’t see EVERYTHING as positive I have a jaded view?
Wow.
Talk about being judgemental.
I would say you are the one with the jaded view. I admitted there were good autograph signers and positive signs for Brett. Yet you keep acting like I’m out of line for daring to point out it all wasn’t roses and puppy dogs.
Seems you think your feelings on the subjects are right on all points.
I’d say that is more close minded then I am.😝
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

That’s your opinion. You seem to look at things through rose colored glasses

Nope, I am objective, lacking bias and a realist. What I gather is you like to kick puppies while they are asleep! 😝 😝 😝

(that's a joke folks, I'm just tired of this discussion)
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
4 years ago
I’ll just say Kevin is right about everything. 99 out of 100 pro athletes will sign autographs for people after practice, and all but ONE sign about Brett Favres drug problem were positive.
I give up.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (28m) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (1h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (16h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

14h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.