Zero2Cool
4 years ago

That’s true. But that’s part of being in the public eye. If you take the money and the fame, you have to take the bad too.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

This doesn't even make sense. They play a sport they love that compensates them well and because of that they have to deal with the "bad"? I'm missing something here. Educate me please.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
4 years ago

This doesn't even make sense. They play a sport they love that compensates them well and because of that they have to deal with the "bad"? I'm missing something here. Educate me please.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Wow....really? . I need to explain it to you????
ANYONE that takes a job, be it athlete, actor, politician, that makes them a public figure, has to expect to be more under the microscope then us “average” folks.
Atheletes that are any good are treated like gods from a young age on. Like they are some how better and more important then anyone else. I think that has a lot to do with the superiority complex many (not all) of them have.
So being a “famous” person is going to put you in a position where you may get blasted, rightly or wrong, by someone in the media or by ticked off fans.
Look at how Favre was blasted by opposing fans after he admitted the drug abuse. “Fans” showing up with signs that were down right nasty.
Had he been “Joe Blow” from accounting, no one would have cared. But he was a pro athlete. That put him in the crosshairs.
If you want the accolades, you have to expect not everyone will “love” you.
To think otherwise isn’t being honest.

I really do hope that explains it clearly.

I’m not saying people saying bad things about these guys is right, although some DO deserve it by their own actions. But especially in today’s computer world, if you are a public figure, every move you make will be dissected by someone.
Do you disagree with what I said?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago
I don't remember nasty signs or comments towards Favre about his drug problem. I remember being encouraged by how many people were understanding and supportive and showed empathy.

Which has me thinking the difference here is I'm an optimist and your a pessimist. Probably due to my being young and naive lol.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
4 years ago

I don't remember nasty signs or comments towards Favre about his drug problem. I remember being encouraged by how many people were understanding and supportive and showed empathy.

Which has me thinking the difference here is I'm an optimist and your a pessimist. Probably due to my being young and naive lol.

You really don’t remember?
They had hypodermic needles, and giant sized Vicodin signs.
I bet you could find pics on the web reguarding what I’m talking about:
Also, I’m not a pessimist. I am a realist. I remember some fans with nice signs. I just call it as it is.
Like how I pointed out Ahman Green and others that were great signers.
But I don’t ignore things that don’t fit what I want to believe.
There were good signs and bad signs for Brett. I saw BOTH kinds.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

You really don’t remember?
They had hypodermic needles, and giant sized Vicodin signs.
I bet you could find pics on the web reguarding what I’m talking about:
Also, I’m not a pessimist. I am a realist. I remember some fans with nice signs. I just call it as it is.
Like how I pointed out Ahman Green and others that were great signers.
But I don’t ignore things that don’t fit what I want to believe.
There were good signs and bad signs for Brett. I say BOTH kinds.

What I remember most about the bad was the MVP More Vicadin Please kinda things. The support is what impacted me the most. That might have been due to me being in Alateen and trying to learn about abuse as a teenager due to my mother and grandpa's alcohol abuse.

You are NOT a realist lol. Not even close. You have a jaded view of so many things and feel it's real. It is not. 😝
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
4 years ago

What I remember most about the bad was the MVP More Vicadin Please kinda things. The support is what impacted me the most. That might have been due to me being in Alateen and trying to learn about abuse as a teenager due to my mother and grandpa's alcohol abuse.

You are NOT a realist lol. Not even close. You have a jaded view of so many things and feel it's real. It is not. 😝

That’s your opinion. You seem to look at things through rose colored glasses.
Yet you admit you saw the “MVP” thing. I saw the giant pill and other things as WELL as the positive ones. Most if the positive ones were in Lambeau Field, where the bad were at away games.
I was a teen drunk. It took a lot to break away from it. So I have gone through things myself.
My views come from years of experiences. I’m not going to try to spin everything as positive when it’s not. That doesn’t make me a pessimist. A pessimist is ALWAYS looking at the negative side of things, never the positive. That is not me.
I have talked about a lot of positive things on this site. But because I don’t see EVERYTHING as positive I have a jaded view?
Wow.
Talk about being judgemental.
I would say you are the one with the jaded view. I admitted there were good autograph signers and positive signs for Brett. Yet you keep acting like I’m out of line for daring to point out it all wasn’t roses and puppy dogs.
Seems you think your feelings on the subjects are right on all points.
I’d say that is more close minded then I am.😝
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

That’s your opinion. You seem to look at things through rose colored glasses

Nope, I am objective, lacking bias and a realist. What I gather is you like to kick puppies while they are asleep! 😝 😝 😝

(that's a joke folks, I'm just tired of this discussion)
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
4 years ago
I’ll just say Kevin is right about everything. 99 out of 100 pro athletes will sign autographs for people after practice, and all but ONE sign about Brett Favres drug problem were positive.
I give up.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (4h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (5h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (6h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (8h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (8h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (11h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (12h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (22h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
24m / Around The NFL / JPPT1974

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.