Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
4 years ago
I think it’s disgusting. Democrats are using them to blast President Trump. Saying the shootings are his fault. That he’s not doing anything to stop them.
What is he supposed to do?
Are there not PLENTY of laws on the books that say it’s illegal to do these shootings? Would stricter gun control laws affect these, keep them from happening? I have the answer, NO. Do scumbag criminals obey the laws? Nope. They will get guns illegally, as they don’t give a damn about ANY laws. Only law abiding citizens will be affected by gun laws.
Mass shootings happened when President Obama was in office. He had 8 years to “fix” this problem. Yet it’s somehow Trumps fault.
Truth is, Obama couldn’t stop these scumbags anymore then Trump can.
There are evil people in the world, and no one can completely make the world safe.
Seeing Democrat’s using this to try to beat Trump is disgusting.
That’s about as low as you can go. If a Democrat wins the next election, they will have no more power to stop these things from happening then Trump or Obama had.
THAT is the reality.
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
4 years ago
I'm not quite sure the problem is that he hasn't done anything to stop them - it's that he's inciting violence in others by his words. Now, before you flip your lid at me, I find it disgusting that ANY & ALL politicians who use something like this to further their agenda. Every single person who has done this needs to take a serious look in the mirror. And YES that includes your average American citizen. WE the people have become a group of greedy, lewd, rude, nasty, pigheaded sheep who follow our political affiliation like a bunch of neanderthals with our tongues hanging out. So to this, I say SHAME ON US...ALL OF US!!! We are so fuckin worried about OUR party that we've forgotten to worry about ourselves.
Zero2Cool
4 years ago
Political parties can go to hell. We won't be better until we stop dividing ourselves.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
4 years ago
Hi Illy!
Anyway....the big stink is Trump wanting people that enter this country do it legally. We have laws that were put in place long ago to protect our borders, and up to now no one had the guts to enforce them. We have so many illegal aliens here it’s ridiculous.
I’m all for allowing people from other countries to come and live here. Is it too much to expect them to follow the laws and do it legally?
I’m expected to obey laws here, shouldn’t everyone?
Times have changed. We are not safe if we can’t monitor who is coming in here.
Mass shootings have happened all along. Just like when Obama and other presidents were in office.
There are more now not because of Trump or what he says. It’s because of the overall moral decline of our country. So many people are “me me me!” With no thought for others.
I saw on yahoo where a 16 year old boy strangled his 21 year old sister to death over using the internet which messed up his gaming.
What the hell is going on out there?
There are evil people, and they don’t care what any president says. They do what they do because they are evil.
This is a great country. But fact is, there are evil people that do evil things. Trump could say “everyone be nice, and let’s end the violence “ and it wouldn’t stop one scumbag from committing a violent act.
100% of the blame lays solely on the heads of the people who do these crimes.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
4 years ago
Just read: “poor kids are just as bright as white kids”
Who said this racist comment?
Joe Biden
Will some scumbag use this as an excuse to go on a white supremacy shooting spree?
Had Trump said this, it would be all over the media, saying it’s proof he’s a racist.
The point I’m trying to make is, anything anyone says can be twisted in their own minds to somehow validate their evil intentions. If someone is looking for a reason to carry out mass murder, they will do so.
Trump, Obama, all leaders are not responsible for it. The animals that choose to do it are responsible.

A few terrible people go out and do something like this, and it causes a mass panic across the country. That’s what terrorists do.
This should be a reason for allowing good citizens to carry guns. Had there been someone there that had a gun, maybe they could have stopped the terrorists before they did so much damage.
Having to wait for police to arrive allowed the animals to carry out their evil plans.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
4 years ago

Just read: “poor kids are just as bright as white kids”
Who said this racist comment?
Joe Biden
Will some scumbag use this as an excuse to go on a white supremacy shooting spree?

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Who's more relevant, Joe Biden or Donald Trump?

Who do more people listen to, a former VP or the current POTUS?

Why in god's name would you compare an idiot saying “poor kids are just as bright as white kids” to anything Donald Trump's said on the subject? There's a list of gaffes a mile long by Donald Trump you'd likely explain away as misspeaking. I could bring up countless much more aggressive and clear statements Trump has made, things he has retweeted, but at the end of the day you'd just find ways to deflect, explain it away, or otherwise do something other than say "There is zero excuse for what this man said. End of discussion".

Accusations and sworn testimony and admittedly circumstantial evidence tying Trump to Epstein's sex trafficing ring, including allegations of rape? Doesn't matter, what about Bill? (Hint: The resounding chorus from the left is, investigate the heck out of this and if Bill did anything illegal, throw his ass in prison). Various evidence laid out in a FBI investigation highlighting Trump campaign ties to Russian oligarchs and intelligence, convictions made, illegally obtained assets reclaimed, and what do we hear? Witch hunt! Presidential harassment! But what about Hillary? Steele dossier (Hey, how's that IG investigation into the origins that was supposed to show how it was all bogus going?)! Not saying that nobody on the right criticizes trump, I'm just saying that it always seems to come with the caveat of "but what about..." that comes with 10 times the intensity of any token scorn directed towards Trump.

This whataboutism is a race to the bottom. Go to any relatively far-left social media outlet (for example, reddit's /r/politics  or /r/news ) and watch people nearly universally condemn Biden as an idiot, point out that he's getting away with stuff other people wouldnt. A quick glance at CNN (here  and even referring to him as The Gaffe Machine here ), The Washington Post , and New York Times   all have prominently features articles condemning Biden. Not to mention all over the place elsewhere . And a good chunk of people criticize Biden's record in regards to race relations. Biden's an idiot. He shouldn't be president. He's being pushed by the media on both sides because the left thinks he's the "moderate" candidate and because the right sees him as gaffe-prone enough to get throttled in the general election, and has the personality to get drawn into the mud with Trump and lose to his experience.

Meanwhile, when Trump smirks and makes a comment like "Only in the panhandle you can get away with that" when one of his crowdmembers shouts "Shoot them!" in response to what border agents should do to (ficticiously) large numbers illegal immigrants trying to cross the border, there's literally zero reporting on fox news .

Drop the politics, drop the confirmation bias, drop the whataboutism. If you really want to "drain the swamp", don't pick and choose what kind of festering matter you like based on what it does for you.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
Porforis posted:

drop the whataboutism

No Thanks.

Whataboutism equals Perspective. It identifies hypocritical behavior and unequal application of justice....SOMETHING THAT HAS RUN RAMPANT IN OUR COUNTRY.

But to Porforis' point...the swamp need to be drained and there are plenty of scumbag corrupt politicians on BOTH sides of the AISLE[. We all need to take blinders off. There are really evil, sick people in this world. Many are in the Congress, many are in government. All of these investigations, many of the FBI and CIA roadblocks which they claim are ostensibly because of possible compromises of sources and uses are b.s. It is a lot of ass covering and obfuscation.

To the point of the thread....Grandstanding at any tragedy is repulsive, irrespective of who is grandstanding.

This will be my last post on the subject....I really wish the subject had not been brought up. (Yes, I know I can ignore it)
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Porforis
4 years ago

Whataboutism equals Perspective. It identifies hypocritical behavior and unequal application of justice....SOMETHING THAT HAS RUN RAMPANT IN OUR COUNTRY.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

We might be working under different definitions.

Example: Reports of Bill Clinton's connections with Epstein.

Whataboutism: "Dude, Donald "grab them by the pussy" Trump is straight up named, under oath, by an at the time 13 year old as having raped her!  You're concerned about Bill flying on his plane a handful of times? Go figure, rich people are connected to other rich people. You see this all over the place. Donald Trump's had massive numbers of similar allegations from mostly adults but also minors (such as walking in on Junior Miss America contestants in changing rooms) and we've been hearing rumors for years about his "p tape". Classic Republican projection!"

Combating hypocritical behavior and unequal application of justice: "Investigate him, and everyone else in his orbit that the evidence merits and throw the book at them. Powerful people get away with murder, we can't let this die."

The difference is, one attempts to deflect attention AWAY from a target of attack you have an emotional or political attachment to. Your deflected attention very well may have legitimate merit, as in my example. It however, serves to limit the usefulness of any debate and takes attention AWAY from one side that legitimately deserves scrutiny.

This my friend, is why hypocritical behavior has run rampant.
Zero2Cool
4 years ago
Should have extended the ban on automatic rifles. Clinton was right on that.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
I am breaking my vow on this thread:
Porforis posted

We might be working under different definitions.

I don't know that we are. But like you (I think) I want them all investigated. Trump, Clinton, Richardson, Dershowitz...ALL. I don't give a rip about which party, or any party they belonged to.

Elsewhere, re: Whataboutism...and this was my main point (made poorly) I am sick of certain folks engaging in obvious criminal activity and running free when if any of us did the same thing we'd be locked up....because we are not part of the protected/teflon class.

Last, Z opined

Should have extended the ban on automatic rifles. Clinton was right on that.

Clinton was right on many things AND, IMO he is a perv and probably much worse. Automatic ban YES. Semi-automatic, NO.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Fan Shout
dfosterf (5h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (12h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (13h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (14h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (17h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (20h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (20h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (20h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (20h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (20h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (20h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (20h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (20h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (20h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (20h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (21h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.