Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages<12

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 4:21:07 PM(UTC)
Cheesey said: Go to Quoted Post
That’s true. But that’s part of being in the public eye. If you take the money and the fame, you have to take the bad too.

This doesn't even make sense. They play a sport they love that compensates them well and because of that they have to deal with the "bad"? I'm missing something here. Educate me please.
Cheesey  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 6:26:24 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
This doesn't even make sense. They play a sport they love that compensates them well and because of that they have to deal with the "bad"? I'm missing something here. Educate me please.

Wow....really? . I need to explain it to you????
ANYONE that takes a job, be it athlete, actor, politician, that makes them a public figure, has to expect to be more under the microscope then us “average” folks.
Atheletes that are any good are treated like gods from a young age on. Like they are some how better and more important then anyone else. I think that has a lot to do with the superiority complex many (not all) of them have.
So being a “famous” person is going to put you in a position where you may get blasted, rightly or wrong, by someone in the media or by ticked off fans.
Look at how Favre was blasted by opposing fans after he admitted the drug abuse. “Fans” showing up with signs that were down right nasty.
Had he been “Joe Blow” from accounting, no one would have cared. But he was a pro athlete. That put him in the crosshairs.
If you want the accolades, you have to expect not everyone will “love” you.
To think otherwise isn’t being honest.

I really do hope that explains it clearly.

I’m not saying people saying bad things about these guys is right, although some DO deserve it by their own actions. But especially in today’s computer world, if you are a public figure, every move you make will be dissected by someone.
Do you disagree with what I said?
Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 4:47:51 AM(UTC)
I don't remember nasty signs or comments towards Favre about his drug problem. I remember being encouraged by how many people were understanding and supportive and showed empathy.

Which has me thinking the difference here is I'm an optimist and your a pessimist. Probably due to my being young and naive lol.
Cheesey  
#24 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 5:17:10 AM(UTC)
I don't remember nasty signs or comments towards Favre about his drug problem. I remember being encouraged by how many people were understanding and supportive and showed empathy.

Which has me thinking the difference here is I'm an optimist and your a pessimist. Probably due to my being young and naive lol.

You really don’t remember?
They had hypodermic needles, and giant sized Vicodin signs.
I bet you could find pics on the web reguarding what I’m talking about:
Also, I’m not a pessimist. I am a realist. I remember some fans with nice signs. I just call it as it is.
Like how I pointed out Ahman Green and others that were great signers.
But I don’t ignore things that don’t fit what I want to believe.
There were good signs and bad signs for Brett. I saw BOTH kinds.
Zero2Cool  
#25 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 5:19:30 AM(UTC)
You really don’t remember?
They had hypodermic needles, and giant sized Vicodin signs.
I bet you could find pics on the web reguarding what I’m talking about:
Also, I’m not a pessimist. I am a realist. I remember some fans with nice signs. I just call it as it is.
Like how I pointed out Ahman Green and others that were great signers.
But I don’t ignore things that don’t fit what I want to believe.
There were good signs and bad signs for Brett. I say BOTH kinds.

What I remember most about the bad was the MVP More Vicadin Please kinda things. The support is what impacted me the most. That might have been due to me being in Alateen and trying to learn about abuse as a teenager due to my mother and grandpa's alcohol abuse.

You are NOT a realist lol. Not even close. You have a jaded view of so many things and feel it's real. It is not. Flapper
Cheesey  
#26 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 11:52:14 AM(UTC)
What I remember most about the bad was the MVP More Vicadin Please kinda things. The support is what impacted me the most. That might have been due to me being in Alateen and trying to learn about abuse as a teenager due to my mother and grandpa's alcohol abuse.

You are NOT a realist lol. Not even close. You have a jaded view of so many things and feel it's real. It is not. Flapper

That’s your opinion. You seem to look at things through rose colored glasses.
Yet you admit you saw the “MVP” thing. I saw the giant pill and other things as WELL as the positive ones. Most if the positive ones were in Lambeau Field, where the bad were at away games.
I was a teen drunk. It took a lot to break away from it. So I have gone through things myself.
My views come from years of experiences. I’m not going to try to spin everything as positive when it’s not. That doesn’t make me a pessimist. A pessimist is ALWAYS looking at the negative side of things, never the positive. That is not me.
I have talked about a lot of positive things on this site. But because I don’t see EVERYTHING as positive I have a jaded view?
Wow.
Talk about being judgemental.
I would say you are the one with the jaded view. I admitted there were good autograph signers and positive signs for Brett. Yet you keep acting like I’m out of line for daring to point out it all wasn’t roses and puppy dogs.
Seems you think your feelings on the subjects are right on all points.
I’d say that is more close minded then I am.Flapper
Zero2Cool  
#27 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 1:01:25 PM(UTC)
That’s your opinion. You seem to look at things through rose colored glasses

Nope, I am objective, lacking bias and a realist. What I gather is you like to kick puppies while they are asleep! Flapper Flapper Flapper

(that's a joke folks, I'm just tired of this discussion)
Cheesey  
#28 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 2:05:01 PM(UTC)
I’ll just say Kevin is right about everything. 99 out of 100 pro athletes will sign autographs for people after practice, and all but ONE sign about Brett Favres drug problem were positive.
I give up.
Rss Feed