Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 4:58:15 AM(UTC)
Click the link, read the quotes. Hmmm.

Mike Florio said:
In the not-so-subtle disagreement between Packers coach Matt LaFleur and Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers regarding joint practices, Rodgers is the winner. As expected. After Thursday's preseason game against the Texans, LaFleur was asked to address Rodgers' pointed criticism of joint practices generally and, specifically, the inclusion of close-to-live kickoff drills. After joking that he and [more]

Continue Reading @ Mike Florio
KRK  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 5:27:38 AM(UTC)
I am generally not a Florio fan. He, IMO is a muck-raker. Notwithstanding the foregoing, he wrote:
Quote:
All that said, LaFleur should have had to say none of that publicly. Because Rodgers shouldn’t have publicly criticized the coach’s decision to conduct joint practices or the manner in which the joint practices were conducted.

...If Rodgers or any other quarterback has a concern about any decision(s) that his coach has made, the best way to handle it is to handle it privately. Any coach of any team at any level would agree with that.

Really, any manager of any business of any kind in any location would agree with that. Concerns about decisions made by the manager shouldn’t be aired out publicly, and any manager who gets called out publicly by one of the employees he manages will, if being candid, admit to being frustrated
The man has a point.

Aaron is old enough to realize that just because you are asked a question, you don't have to answer. If he had felt compelled to answer, he could have simply said, "I am not a big fan of these types of things." and left it at that.

In the grand scheme of things, it is a tempest in a teapot.

Nevertheless, Aaron, and all of us, need to be more careful of what we say with the full realization that vocalizing (or writing) our opinions may force others into awkward, or no-win, situations.

Updated by user Friday, August 9, 2019 8:58:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: terrible typist

Cheesey  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 8:05:52 AM(UTC)
I think both Rodgers and the coach are feeling their way around to see just how far they can go. Rodgers, kind of like the child that wants to see just how much he can get away with before he ends up getting spanked.
My hope is that the coach calls him into the office and makes it clear that this won’t fly. If Aaron Rodgers has a problem with something the coach says or does, to talk with him behind closed doors. Don’t hang your dirty laundry out for all to see.
I’d rather see this now in the preseason then during the regular season when games count.
Get it taken care of now, before it becomes a real problem.
go.pack.go.  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 11:58:57 AM(UTC)
Everybody says to take care of all this behind closed doors. Who’s to say that things aren’t being dealt with behind closed doors? Is what Aaron said actually that bad? No.
Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 12:34:02 PM(UTC)
go.pack.go. said: Go to Quoted Post
Everybody says to take care of all this behind closed doors. Who’s to say that things aren’t being dealt with behind closed doors? Is what Aaron said actually that bad? No.

It his horrible!!! We must not say anything for fear of those who have nothing better to do may twist those words from anthill to mountain!!

Everyone must be mute!! Silence! I keel you!
Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 12:34:03 PM(UTC)
go.pack.go. said: Go to Quoted Post

It is horrible!!! We must not say anything for fear of those who have nothing better to do may twist those words from anthill to mountain!!

Edit, cannot spell.
Cheesey  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 1:00:36 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
It his horrible!!! We must not say anything for fear of those who have nothing better to do may twist those words from anthill to mountain!!

SILENCE!!!!! Infidel!!!LOL
KRK  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 2:28:14 PM(UTC)
Z2C.,,an Achmed fan!!! Love it
Cheesey  
#9 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 9:10:08 PM(UTC)
KRK said: Go to Quoted Post
Z2C.,,an Achmed fan!!! Love it

KRK! You did not include me as a “Ackkkkk- Med” fan!!!.......i KEEL you too!!!LOL
beast  
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 1:02:07 AM(UTC)
On one hand, he has a point, this could of been handled internally and that would have been best for the team image and having to deal with questions... BUT

1) Who the hell is Florio to suggest someone shouldn't go public with their comments? I mean that's exactly how the hell he's made his money and living in the sports world at least... he's telling everyone to do what he says, and not what he does...

2) Rodgers clearly was commenting, not from a team perspective, but a Union perspective, saying this shit (the live STs practice drills) are unsafe (and the freaking head coach agreed with him!)

3) Which is more important, helping your coach save face or keeping your teammates healthy?

Florio (a huge players safety advocate) is ignoring the players safety part of this issue, to complain that Rodgers could have helped the head coach save face... and yes, Florio would probably argue that you could do both behind closed doors... but this way was less effort and more additional pressure... making it more effective to make sure you're keeping your teammates safer.

Does the amount of damage done to your head coach reputation, come anywhere close to potentially one single good/talented/helpful teammate being injured again if they let that continue?

If you're overanalyzing it like Florio is, then the answer might be maybe, for everyone who doesn't have their head stuck up their ass worrying about how everyone looks while doing their dirty jobs, then the answer is hell no.
Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 8:39:31 AM(UTC)
Media complains about bland answers.
Media complains about getting answers.
Fuck the media.
gbguy20  
#12 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 8:47:56 AM(UTC)
Don't forget the media twisting any answers they do get to fit whatever narrative they are creating out of thin air.
buckeyepackfan  
#13 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 11:04:00 AM(UTC)
Hard to figure Lefleur out.
With Mike you knew you weren't going to get anything. Good or bad, that's the way it was.
Matt LaFleur is giving some information, but is he really?

I would love to find out at some point that Matt LaFleur and Aaron Rodgers are just having a little fun with the media.

Maybe if these guys would start reporting the news agsin instead of trying to create the news, players and coaches would be a little more upfront with them.
Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 11:37:43 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan said: Go to Quoted Post
Hard to figure Lefleur out.
With Mike you knew you weren't going to get anything. Good or bad, that's the way it was.

Matt LaFleur is giving some information, but is he really?

I would love to find out at some point that Matt LaFleur and Aaron Rodgers are just having a little fun with the media.

Maybe if these guys would start reporting the news agsin instead of trying to create the news, players and coaches would be a little more upfront with them.

I think LaFleur is being honest. When asked something about the only starting getting reps if that was part of a competition, he didn't hesitate. He said yes. The coach-line there is everyone is competing, but he singled that out and didn't have to. Maybe it's because he's new and not yet jaded to the media?

As for the Rodgers and him stuff. I loved that he went with "I'm not talking to him" approach. To me, that showed security in his relationship with Rodgers and kind of a don't give a fuck what the media procures.

When media reports the news instead of trying to stir things up, we'll all be gooder.
Zero2Cool  
#15 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 8:37:21 AM(UTC)
Of course, Greg had to chirp.
KRK  
#16 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 9:36:52 AM(UTC)
This from a expert on failed relationships
buckeyepackfan  
#17 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 2:23:00 PM(UTC)
Greg you'll never be relevant again.
Stop trying.

Heard Cowherd went iff on Aaron agsin today

Rodgers and Lefleur must be doing something right.
😂😂

Cheesey  
#18 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 3:02:48 PM(UTC)
Greg Jennings.....wasn’t he the greatest wide receiver of all times, he made Aaron Rodgers, an average at best quarterback look like a hall of famer??? (According to Greg’s sister)

I mean, Jennings lit the NFL on fire when he went to the Vikings. He caught more footballs, scored more touchdowns then ANYONE!Glare LOL

He needs to shut the hell up and get a life.
Rss Feed