Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
4 years ago
Porforis, why is Biden relevant? Because he’s running for president. Doesn’t that make him and what he says relevant?
Anyway, no matter what Trump says or does, you hate him and even though the country is doing great under his leadership.
And KRK said something a lot of people don’t understand. There is a HUGE difference between automatic and semi automatic guns. I’m fine with making automatic weapons illegal, as there are no legitimate reason to have them.
But we shouldn’t have to give up our guns as law abiding citizens.

As I stated in the beginning, using gun crimes as a political crutch to try to knock out the opponent is disgusting.
Families are hurting because of what happened, and using their loss in their political favor is terrible.
And trying to make these violent crimes Trumps fault is ridiculous.
Let’s also remember the KKK was started by Democrats.
I knew when I started this thread that some wouldn’t agree with me. But that’s what makes our country great. We CAN disagree and voice our opinions.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
4 years ago

Anyway, no matter what Trump says or does, you hate him and even though the country is doing great under his leadership.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Well that's not condescending. Cool, let's see how that shoe fits on the other foot. No matter what Trump does, you love him and you'll support him and everything he does. Fair? Cool. Glad we had this chat and I apologize for wasting your time by explaining what I think, why I think it, and spending about 10 minutes rounding up links across various media sources. That was rude of me.
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
4 years ago

Well that's not condescending. Cool, let's see how that shoe fits on the other foot. No matter what Trump does, you love him and you'll support him and everything he does. Fair? Cool. Glad we had this chat and I apologize for wasting your time by explaining what I think, why I think it, and spending about 10 minutes rounding up links across various media sources. That was rude of me.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

I was not being condescending. Saying you hate Trump, is that not true? And I don’t love everything he does. He’s not perfect, and he may have done bad things in his past. I bet any person, any president has done bad things if you are looking to find them. How about being a pig, using your position to have sex with women. How about lying under oath? That’s Bill Clinton. Kennedy was known for his womanizing. Nixon did all kinds of illegal things. No PERSON is perfect. I bet even you have done things you now regret. I know I did things in my past I’m not proud of.
I didn’t knock you for voicing your opinion. If that’s how it came across to you, I apologize. As I stated, I knew not all would agree with me, and I understand that.
I don’t love Trump. He says things that I wish he’d keep to himself. But he’s NOT a career politician, and that’s a huge positive. And like I said, the country is doing great.
It’s kind of funny. If you look at yahoo every day, you will see constant bashing of the president. The media hatred is constant. Yet if you read the responses to these articles, almost all of them are positive towards Trump.
So I’m not the only one that sees it.
Liberalism runs the media. That’s why it’s so easy for you to find negative stuff about the president.
Had there been this much scrutiny towards Obama, there would have been screams of “racists!!!”
I guess we will see next year how it really turns out. If the country wants to stay on course, or return to the same old politicians.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
4 years ago
I don't hate Trump. I hate various things he does, and things he's doing. Maybe I'm a bit weird, but I'm a person that really doesn't understand the concept of a person. If someone hurts me, I don't want an apology by itself - I want them to stop doing what's hurting me. If they do that, yeah sure an apology is a nice added touch but at the end of the day - You are who you choose to be and you are what you choose to do and everyone has the capacity to change that, so I see no value in condemning people. This is obviously heavily influenced by your upbringing and environment, but we all have choices. No matter what shitty things he's done in the past, if he were to turn those things around and become a better person, I would have deep respect for him and the things he's doing to change himself and the world around him.

That's part of why I took your comment so personally - you simply assumed that I hated him in a way that kind of cuts off productive conversation. Now that we're talking about things and both explaining ourselves - it seems we both have a lot of attitudes in common as well. There's plenty of things you're saying I also completely disagree on, but I strongly doubt we'll change eachothers minds.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
Porforis, I always enjoy reading your well-thought postings...and I still say that is one good looking dog.

Perhaps my elderly perspective on people will help. Remember, no matter who...at some point in time, some aspect of any person's behavior disappoint you....no exceptions other than the divine. If you start there, you will be a happier person as your expectations will be set lower.

As it concerns the Orange Man...I think he is an A-hole....but he is MY A-hole...and he is your A-hole too.

There is not an objective person among us (at least there shouldn't be) who doesn't find some of his postings and utterances are....well....deplorable. Ulysses Grant was a foul mouthed jerk, King David seduces Uriah's wife and had him killed, Martin Luther King, it is alleged, aided and abetted rape. That does not mean that these individuals did not make significant contributions to humankind.

To Orange Man....if you ignore the words, and look at the policy implementation, I would argue he has been a terrific President. Is it hard to do that sometimes, yes. Can i justify all the things he posts and says and all his policies....no. But for those of us who are Constitutionalists and Nationalists, he is, policy wise, a terrific President. Rhino's have tried nice guys, like Romney, Bush(s), et. al. and they keep getting their asses handed to them legislatively, electorally, and internationally. That's why so many of us held our noses and voted for Orange Man. The alternative was even more unacceptable. On the whole, most of us (who voted for him) are very happy with his policies. Are there exceptions...yes....including I wish he were less transactional on certain things, such as I wish he would VOCALLY encourage the dissidents in Hong Kong.

To the topic of apologizing...I would take your assertion much further than you did. An apology, without an attempted change in behavior is not an apology.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
4 years ago
KRK, you voiced how I feel a lot better then I did. And I think we are both close to the same age.

Porforis, again I apologize. I’ll try to think better next time. I didn’t mean to come across as I did.
Now I’m going to switch gears and tell you a TRUE story that happened to me yesterday!
I was waiting in line at a store, and the item I was purchasing didn’t have the UPC code on it, thus holding up the line. I turned and said “I’m sorry!” To the woman behind me, as I felt bad for holding her up. She said “don’t apologize for something you have no control over!” So I looked at her with a straight face and said “I’m sorry for apologizing!” She got a puzzled look on her face, and then I couldn’t help but break up. She burst out laughing!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (8m) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (48m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (23h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.