Discussion Board
Zero2Cool
  • Posts: 38384
  • Joined: 10/14/2006
Do you want him on the Packers? What do think is fair trade offering?

The salary stuff, I don't even know how to start that!
Cheesey
  • Posts: 13216
  • Joined: 7/28/2008
I’d like to have him here, but I doubt they will pull the trigger.
beast
  • Posts: 10478
  • Joined: 10/5/2008
I think he'd be a perfect fit for Pettine's defense, but I think they already addressed this with Z. Smith and Gary both of which are similar fits.

Gute has been mostly been releasing veterans to open up playing time for young guys with potential. Not adding veteran that block them... so if Gary is healthy, I don't see Gute considering it.

Even if Gary is not healthy, I think whomever trades for Clowny is gonna want to resign him and Packers have so much invested there already.
nerdmann
  • Posts: 28799
  • Joined: 9/14/2008
Originally Posted by: beast 

I think he'd be a perfect fit for Pettine's defense, but I think they already addressed this with Z. Smith and Gary both of which are similar fits.

Gute has been mostly been releasing veterans to open up playing time for young guys with potential. Not adding veteran that block them... so if Gary is healthy, I don't see Gute considering it.

Even if Gary is not healthy, I think whomever trades for Clowny is gonna want to resign him and Packers have so much invested there already.



Disagree. He's a traditional edge guy. Pettine likes these 288 lb guys who can stuff the run, he schemes them to the QB.

He's good tho. Would Aaron be willing to take a pay cut?
beast
  • Posts: 10478
  • Joined: 10/5/2008
Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Disagree. He's a traditional edge guy. Pettine likes these 288 lb guys who can stuff the run, he schemes them to the QB.

He's good tho. Would Aaron be willing to take a pay cut?



You can disagree, but that just makes you mistaken ... Clowney is a big, long, power edge rusher who can stuff the run, just like the others, and of course all coaches try scheming him to the QB too!

Clowny has publicly admitted to weighting in at 284 lbs but perfering to be lighter... where all I can quickly find about Z'Smith or Gary is being in the 270s.
nerdmann
  • Posts: 28799
  • Joined: 9/14/2008
Originally Posted by: beast 

You can disagree, but that just makes you mistaken ... Clowney is a big, long, power edge rusher who can stuff the run, just like the others, and of course all coaches try scheming him to the QB too!

Clowny has publicly admitted to weighting in at 284 lbs but perfering to be lighter... where all I can quickly find about Z'Smith or Gary is being in the 270s.



I have him listed at 255. He's tall and thin imo. He's not a OLB/DT hybrid.

I do like him, but we're paying Aaron 25+ this year. Don't have the camp space.
KRK
  • Posts: 3626
  • Joined: 1/28/2017
Boys, it s a mute point:
  • We don't have the money
  • If we did, we would spend it elsewhere
  • We just signed the Smiths and Gary, so we should be set.
beast
  • Posts: 10478
  • Joined: 10/5/2008
Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I have him listed at 255. He's tall and thin imo. He's not a OLB/DT hybrid.

They're all tall, and he's not the only thin one... you're making this a beauty contest and all about looks. I'm talking about what they can actually do on the football field if asked to do the same thing.

Also you do know an OLB/DT hybird is simply called a DE right? And despite what you think, they can all play DE. Hell, they had Matthews doing it (with a hand up) for a while with the 3-4 giving way to the 4-2 nickel packages and Mathews is smaller than all of them.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Boys, it s a mute point:

  • We don't have the money
  • If we did, we would spend it elsewhere
  • We just signed the Smiths and Gary, so we should be set.

That was my point, we already got similar players which locked up a lot of talent capital.

nerdmann
  • Posts: 28799
  • Joined: 9/14/2008
Originally Posted by: beast 

They're all tall, and he's not the only thin one... you're making this a beauty contest and all about looks. I'm talking about what they can actually do on the football field if asked to do the same thing.

Also you do know an OLB/DT hybird is simply called a DE right? And despite what you think, they can all play DE. Hell, they had Matthews doing it (with a hand up) for a while with the 3-4 giving way to the 4-2 nickel packages and Mathews is smaller than all of them.

That was my point, we already got similar players which locked up a lot of talent capital.


Yeah, like Kabeer. Kampman too. But Pettine wants these bigger dudes. "War Daddies."

Anyway it's moot given all the money tied up at the QB position.
Zero2Cool
  • Posts: 38384
  • Joined: 10/14/2006
Texans looking for a Tackle. Maybe they trade Bryan Bulaga for Clowney?

Dhazer says Dolphins and Packers are the two teams talking to Texans about Clowney.
dhazer
  • Posts: 5402
  • Joined: 9/14/2008
Quote:

lowney, 26, still has not signed the $15.97 million franchise tag tender. He wants a long-term commitment from Houston that would make the Pro Bowler one of the league’s highest-paid defenders.

This has led to trade speculation on a nearly daily basis with the Miami Dolphins and Green Bay Packers being bandied about as potential destinations. Houston has to think long-term here. That includes locking up franchise quarterback Deshaun Watson once he’s eligible for an extension next March. He’s likely going to earn north of $35 million annually on said deal. Paying Clowney $20-plus million annually would be cap restrictive. This is a clear indication that a Clowney trade is imminent.




https://www.forbes.com/s...ore-week-1/#617dc0cf3839 
KRK
  • Posts: 3626
  • Joined: 1/28/2017
Jets, Falcons, Redskins, Eagles, Seahawks (4 ‘flight’ teams) far more likely.

There is no way the Packers trade for this guy, IMO.

And to give up a starting tackle?!?! That would be insane.
nerdmann
  • Posts: 28799
  • Joined: 9/14/2008
Originally Posted by: KRK 

Jets, Falcons, Redskins, Eagles, Seahawks (4 ‘flight’ teams) far more likely.

There is no way the Packers trade for this guy, IMO.

And to give up a starting tackle?!?! That would be insane.



Bulaga is what, 30? Going into the last year of his contract.
KRK
  • Posts: 3626
  • Joined: 1/28/2017
Nerd noted:
Quote:

Bulaga is what, 30? Going into the last year of his contract.

So What? We are thin there to start. Why would we take an obvious area of susceptibility and weaken ourselves further?

I am not willing to write off another year.
Cheesey
  • Posts: 13216
  • Joined: 7/28/2008
Well, if it’s all about money, he will sign somewhere else.
If he wants a shot at a super bowl, signing here will give him a realistic shot.
JMO of course. I AM after all a “homer”.
earthquake
  • Posts: 1031
  • Joined: 8/11/2008
If the asking price (draft picks/players) and contract demands are way, way less than what it took for the Bears to get Khalil Mack, sure, go for it. If not, that's a big nope from me.
Zero2Cool
  • Posts: 38384
  • Joined: 10/14/2006
On the radio it was being said they probably won't get more than a third and a depth player for him. They said Texans lost all leverage.
beast
  • Posts: 10478
  • Joined: 10/5/2008
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

On the radio it was being said they probably won't get more than a third and a depth player for him. They said Texans lost all leverage.



Yes because of the time frame of signing franchise tagged players to multi-year deal has ended, so what any team is trading for is literally a one year rental with the HOPE of making a positive impression to get both sides to agree to make a multi year agreement next year.

But Clowney could easily choose a different location if he wants... which gives him great leverage in negotiations with a team that had already traded something for him.


Again, probably a non-starter with the Packers because they've already went out of their way to get two similar players this off-season.

KRK
  • Posts: 3626
  • Joined: 1/28/2017
well, its been 48 hours and no trade....

the Packers are not in the mix....thankfully.

It would seem the Dolphins, Eagles and Seagulls are in the mix. I had thought that in addition to the Eagles and Seagulls, Washington would be in the mix as they lost Smith and they have a good OT who was in a holdout situation. Texas was looking for an OT
Cheesey
  • Posts: 13216
  • Joined: 7/28/2008
He got traded to the SeaSquaks.
buckeyepackfan
  • Posts: 4862
  • Joined: 8/7/2008
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

He got traded to the SeaSquaks.



Probably because that bitch Aaron Rodgers wouldn't take a pay cut!
😂😂😂😂
Users browsing this topic
  • Guest
Fan Shout
Cheesey (8h) : Ya-HOOOO!!! I’m BACK! Thanks to WPR and Zero!
Zero2Cool (8h) : Alan, check your email. You have password.
wpr (10h) : Be afraid. Wolf and Highstreet turned the Brown's organization around.
gbguy20 (11h) : fucking Seattle
Zero2Cool (12h) : @MikeGarafolo The #Seahawks are hiring Eliot Wolf and Alonzo Highsmith as consultants during the draft process this spring, sources say. Both know John Schneider well. Long-term options for both of th
beast (23-Feb) : One reported suggested players were being told there wasn't much negotiation, it was a take it or risk possible lock out deal from the owners, which they also tried (and failed) last CBA as well, tryi
Zero2Cool (23-Feb) : Stupid reps. Greedy owners.
buckeyepackfan (22-Feb) : Player reps have rejected this 1st offer.
Zero2Cool (22-Feb) : XFL needs to stick around
beast (22-Feb) : Yeah that is a bad change, and make the season less important, because more teams get in and less bye spots equal less importance in battling for seeding between 3 and 6
Porforis (20-Feb) : Merge the NFL with the Arena Football League, CFL, and XFL.
Nonstopdrivel (20-Feb) : There are only four teams per division. How are they going to admit seven teams per division to the playoffs? 🤔
Porforis (20-Feb) : I mean yes, that extra team will likely end up being that team in a competitive conference that didnt' get in because of that sub-500 team and the dumb rules, but you'll still have that bad team in th
Porforis (20-Feb) : There's already people screaming for rule changes everytime a .500 or below team makes the playoffs, now you want to let MORE bad teams get in?
Zero2Cool (20-Feb) : Almost half a conference makes playoffs????
Zero2Cool (20-Feb) : stupid idea
buckeyepackfan (20-Feb) : 7 teams from each division make playoffs starting 2020. 17 game schedule coming lin a year or two.
Zero2Cool (20-Feb) : it works every time if you are not viewing the forum. stupid, i know.
gbguy20 (20-Feb) : took me 4 tries to get that to go through. i can amost never get this chatbox to work anymore, and that is using the send button. no matter what device im using.
gbguy20 (20-Feb) : still don't have a new WR coach...i feel like this has been forgotten about.
Zero2Cool (20-Feb) : Adding something
KRK (19-Feb) : Z, I screwed up in the Cleveland thread wanting to start a new topic...1000 pardons
Zero2Cool (19-Feb) : Report: Josh Rosen 'likely' to stay in Miami
Zero2Cool (19-Feb) : What makes him a jackwagon?
gbguy20 (18-Feb) : jimmy still the highest paid jackwagon around
Zero2Cool (18-Feb) : Former Panthers TE Greg Olsen is signing a one-year, $7 million deal with the Seahawks, per @AdamSchefter
Packerchick (15-Feb) : yep its been awhile hasnt it
Packerchick (15-Feb) : yes I am
yooperfan (15-Feb) : It's been a while but are you the chick from the Ashland/Superior area?
wpr (15-Feb) : missing you
Packerchick (15-Feb) : everyone
Packerchick (15-Feb) : I missed everyoe
Packerchick (15-Feb) : Hello. Its been a long time for me here. How is everyone?
Zero2Cool (14-Feb) : Redskins are releasing CB Josh Norman, source says. Intriguing situation to watch, as he now has time to find his new team ahead of free agency
Zero2Cool (11-Feb) : Former CB Davon House, who played six seasons in Green Bay, has retired as a member of the #Packers.
gbguy20 (11-Feb) : nope
beast (11-Feb) : I can't seem to pull up PFT articles on my phone, anyone else having this problem?
Zero2Cool (10-Feb) : Packers name Connor Lewis offensive quality control coach
Zero2Cool (10-Feb) : Vikings added former Packers’ DC Dom Capers to the 2020 coaching staff as senior defensive assistant.
Nonstopdrivel (9-Feb) : These guys look so much smaller than NFL players.
Nonstopdrivel (9-Feb) : The feed seems fuzzy. Are they broadcasting the games in SD?
Zero2Cool (9-Feb) : i did. it was entertaining. i'll watch again if its over the air
hardrocker950 (9-Feb) : anyone watching XFL?
Zero2Cool (8-Feb) : That should be gooder with the update. But gotta wait until it's stable
wpr (7-Feb) : I guess you have post, "Read, no additional comments."
Porforis (7-Feb) : I mean, I regularly lurk but I really don't pay attention to offseason moves, the draft, etc so I don't have much to add.
gbguy20 (6-Feb) : Hate the offseason. only like 17 active users here during the season and turns into 2 in the offseason
Zero2Cool (6-Feb) : Yeah, shout doesn't work while viewing the forum all that well.
wpr (6-Feb) : Hey! My shout finally worked. First time in a couple of weeks! Nice!
wpr (6-Feb) : It's been kind of slow around here.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2019 Packers Schedule
Thursday, Sep 5 @ 7:20 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
BRONCOS
Thursday, Sep 26 @ 7:20 PM
EAGLES
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Cowboys
Monday, Oct 14 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
RAIDERS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 7:20 PM
Chiefs
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
Chargers
Sunday, Nov 10 @ 3:25 PM
PANTHERS
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Dec 1 @ 12:00 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 8 @ 12:00 PM
REDSKINS
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 12:00 PM
BEARS
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
2h / Around The NFL / Cheesey

3h / Random Babble / Cheesey

5h / Random Babble / KRK

6h / Random Babble / wpr

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

23-Feb / Around The NFL / beast

23-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

22-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

22-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

22-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

21-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

21-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

20-Feb / GameDay Threads / Nonstopdrivel

19-Feb / Around The NFL / KRK

18-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2020 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.