KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
Things I learned today from Barfarn:
- The Bill of Rights is not part of the Constitution....who knew!!!!!
- James Madision, on of the most intelligent men in history is "an effing liar"

I glad he is not setting the curriculum for our public schools....but wait....maybe he is?!?!?!? That could be the issue.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

Things I learned today from Barfarn:
- The Bill of Rights is not part of the Constitution....who knew!!!!!
- James Madision, on of the most intelligent men in history is "an effing liar"

I glad he is not setting the curriculum for our public schools....but wait....maybe he is?!?!?!? That could be the issue.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Again, focus on topic, NOT the author of a post. Why, WHY is this so hard? My goodness.
UserPostedImage
isocleas2
4 years ago
Here's a bit from Jim Jeffries talking about gun control, I found it funny while mixing in some valid points.

Zero2Cool
4 years ago
I love that skit.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
4 years ago

Cheesy address the issue don’t deflect or use false equivalence. It is guys like you that create the greatest supply of guns to bad guys. You need to come to grips with this. If you lose a gun or do something that allows one to fall into someone’s hands do you think you should be free of responsibility?

If you are careless with whom you allow to drive your car there can be both civil and criminal liability. Though when people start taking cars and killing; then more drastic measures must be instituted.

There needs to be a deterrent for the “good people” with guns that let criminals gain access to them. A true conservative believes you play, you pay. This concept should not be ignored when it’s not convenient for you. That’s the me first stuff you rail about. Your "more laws don’t work" argument is destroyed; because my proposed laws will alter behavior of all like you.

FACT: removing guns will lower the crime rate [some wont commit crimes with only a knife or a bat] and lower the amount damage inflicted when crimes occur. A criminal is a bad thing; a criminal with a gun is a real bad thing; a criminal with body armor and assault weapons is a really really really bad thing. How can you not see the difference?

Personally, I think possessing guns is an important privilege just like flying or driving; but if any of these become too dangerous for society, something needs to be done.

KRK [And Cheesey too] I think you’re a good man and intelligent. But, gotta give you the [Facepalm] sorry! You’re bogged down under MOUNTAINS of propaganda!!!!

First, gun rights are not in the Constitution; they’re in the Bill of Rights [I know you know this]. But, the BOR was not created until FOUR YEARS AFTER the Federalist papers were written.

Second, The Federalist Papers do not contain the true thoughts of the writers…THIS WAS PROPAGANDA designed to combat the Anti-Federalist papers to induce states to ratify the Constitution and to encourage those already ratified not to “unratify.” You highlighted, “ultimate authority resides in the people alone…;” Madison is an effing LIAR. The Koch Bros spent gazillions to promote the Federalist papers. Any media outlet you engage that speaks of the Federalist Papers as anything other than toilet paper must be ignored. Its like quoting Goebbels’s diary to support the virtues of the Third Reich.

Third, Madison was a total piece of shit. Another shattered BS indoctrinated myth of my youth. This asshole in the later years of his life doctored some of his letters and actually forged Jefferson’s handwriting to try to buoy his legacy. Madison bragged that he makes $257/yr off a Negro and only needs to spend $12-13 for their upkeep. If this exploitative 5'4" little prick is a founding father, I’ll say I’m adopted.

Fourth, the best source of figuring out what these guys were thinking is the floor debates. Most of these notes were kept by Madison; but now a new book by Mary Sarah Bilder argues that Madison doctored the Convention notes too. READ THAT BOOK!!! So what the hell; we simply cant trust ANYTHING we were taught.

Here’s Madison’s initial proposal for what became the 2nd Amendment: “The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; a well armed and well regulated militia being the best security of a free country: but no person religiously scrupulous of bearing arms shall be compelled to render military service in person.”

Madison is saying if you dont want to carry a gun; you cant be compelled to be in a militia. It is impossible to argue that the right to possess weapons is not contingent on being in the militia.

All gun loving propaganda ignores the militia clause from Amendment #2 to get it to say what they want it to say. But, the reality is that it is there. Gun ownership is simply not nor has ever been a Constitutional right and the legacy of Scalia and the other 4 goofs that rendered Heller is forever tarnished.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

I’ve never given a gun or had one stolen. In fact, no gun owner I know has done that.
And as I have proven already, gun control laws don’t work. They only affect law abiding citizens. You say “removing guns” is the answer. Pray tell, how exactly do you do that? The only way would be to target legal gun owners that have registered guns. That wouldn’t affect one single criminal, would it? So again, only law abiding people would lose their rights.
You say I’m not answering your questions? I answered them in every post. You just ignore the answers because you know I am right.
And “gun loving propaganda?” What, is it wrong for me to want to keep my rights as an American? If you don’t want to own a gun, that’s fine with me. But you think your desires should allow you to take away my guns?
You say “possessing guns is an important privilege” yet every post you make says the exact opposite. I’d say that’s hypocritical.
Again, it’s not the gun that is a problem, it’s evil people. I have never seen anywhere where a gun jumped off a shelf and went out on its own and killed people. It is an object that some horrible people use to cause destruction.
Unless you target the bad people, you won’t lower violent crime.
I really don’t understand why that’s so difficult for some to understand.
I think it comes down to just plain hating guns, and willfully ignoring the real issues.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
4 years ago

Honestly, if you can't handle a trip to the drug store without a firearm, you probably need therapy.

In any case, the statistics on this are very clear on this, the "good guy with a gun" theory is complete and utter bullshit. The "good guy" is far more likely to be unable to operate their firearm is a stressful situation, injure themselves, or injure an innocent bystander. It's obvious why Walgreens wants you to keep it at home.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

Really? Where did you read “the good guy with a gun theory is complete and utter bullshit”??? The “Liberal daily news”? I certainly don’t see any proof of that in your post, or for that matter anywhere else. We have concealed carry here in Wisconsin, and you have to prove you know how to safely handle a gun before you get the permit.
And as far as going to the drugstore while carrying a gun. As I stated before, do criminals that plan to rob a drugstore show their gun before they go up to the counter to rob it? No. They have the gun in their pocket and pull it out when it’s time to do the dirty work.
So you get a false sense of security, because some store says “guns not allowed” which ONLY affects decent law abiding citizens. The criminal could care less about some stupid sign. He will walk right past it and go in and rob the place.
I guess a false sense of security means more then reality to some.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
4 years ago
Just read on yahoo that a 23 year old woman used a knife to stab her mother to death.
Time for “stricter kitchen cutlery control” laws! 😂
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
4 years ago
If anything, you need to loosen those gun laws.

Simple handguns won't protect you from the government and evildoers when they're coming at you with assault rifles, rocket propelled weaponry or even nuclear powered explosives. Everyone should be able to get one of those Davy Crockett nuke launchers for in their backyard. Don't see the constitution excluding those.
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

If anything, you need to loosen those gun laws.

Simple handguns won't protect you from the government and evildoers when they're coming at you with assault rifles, rocket propelled weaponry or even nuclear powered explosives. Everyone should be able to get one of those Davy Crockett nuke launchers for in their backyard. Don't see the constitution excluding those.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

Continuing with the facetious tone ...

Government has drones.
Government has tanks.
Government has aircraft.

This arm the people stuff ... not gonna work lol
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
There seems to be a lack of understanding on exactly whose side the military would be on. Talk to some military guys and ex-military sometime....They would tell you that having an armed populace, even with rifles is one the the reason the Japs didn't invade the U.S. mainland. They had machine guns, mortar, artillery, etc. An armed populace is a great defense against tyranny of any sort.

Any fight would be short with the armed, albeit only with rifles, making short work of the who would dictate and vote disarm them.

Human history and human nature teaches:
[list]
  • Those willing to vote will always rule of those willing mere to talk.[*]Those willing fight rule those only willing to vote[*]Those willing to die will always rule over those only willing to fight.[/list]
  • μολων λαβε
    In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK