Discussion Board
go.pack.go.
There were stories all offseason about Rodgers and LaFleur having tension and having disagreements. As well as having a battle of power.

After the Bears game, Rodgers made several comments on “good calls by Matt”. Not to mention giving him the game ball.

My question is, where are all of the articles now?
beast
Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

There were stories all offseason about Rodgers and LaFleur having tension and having disagreements. As well as having a battle of power.

After the Bears game, Rodgers made several comments on “good calls by Matt”. Not to mention giving him the game ball.

My question is, where are all of the articles now?

Great point, but as they said, those articles were false stories. That being said, what were these "good calls by Matt"? Rodgers got some false stories of his own? OR did these good calls just not let to a better offensive performance than what we got?
KRK
GPG asked 'where are the stories now about Lefleur and Rodgers?'

The first rule of muckraking is that you must save you dirty laundry and innuendo for when they are not easily disproven or where are elements of doubt. Otherwise, the muckraker loses his leverage. These stories will only come up after a loss or sub-par performance.

Then you can expect the following to be asked. They will never be asked after a win, especially over the Bares:
- 'Aaron, did you agree with the call?'
- 'Do you think you had the right personnel grouping for the situation"
- 'Why are your numbers so much worse under Lafleur than McCarthy/'

- 'Coach, did you thing Aaron should have changed that play.'
- 'Why do you thing his performance is down? Isn't he buying in?
dyeah_gb
Actually there are a couple legitimate stories to pursue here.

The incomplete pass towards the end of the 4th quarter was likely an audible by Aaron Rodgers after seeing how far the DB was playing the line of scrimmage. If I was MLF, I would be pissed at this play even if it was converted to a first down. In the language of an elite QB, it was a "stupid %$%$% call." It would be interesting to be in the room to hear that discussion between coach and QB.

Another more general story after week 1 is that we have a new coach but are still seeing some of the same bad patterns. Clock management is a problem and Aaron Rodgers trying to generate the scramble play. How is MLF going to correct these issues?
gbguy20
Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb 

Actually there are a couple legitimate stories to pursue here.

The incomplete pass towards the end of the 4th quarter was likely an audible by Aaron Rodgers after seeing how far the DB was playing the line of scrimmage. If I was MLF, I would be pissed at this play even if it was converted to a first down. In the language of an elite QB, it was a "stupid %$%$% call." It would be interesting to be in the room to hear that discussion between coach and QB.

Another more general story after week 1 is that we have a new coach but are still seeing some of the same bad patterns. Clock management is a problem and Aaron Rodgers trying to generate the scramble play. How is MLF going to correct these issues?

As far as your last paragraph is concerned in hoping those 2 things disappear as the offense clicks over the next couple of weeks. I like to think Rodgers can get the ball out quick on every play in this new offense. And I like to think we can snap the ball at 10 seconds every time once the communication gets better.
Zero2Cool
This is a concern many of us have had with Aaron Rodgers. The reason Tom Brady and Drew Brees excel in the later years of their career is because they are willing to take what the defense gives them. Rodgers doesn't do this anymore. If LaFleur gets Rodgers to take check downs and move the chains, we gonna rock some shit.

KRK
dyeah_gb documented:
Quote:

The incomplete pass towards the end of the 4th quarter was likely an audible by Aaron Rodgers after seeing how far the DB was playing the line of scrimmage

Great point.

These are questions that need to be asked 'NOW', but they won't be by the press. They will stick the incident into their hip pocket and in after the next lose in order to create maximum friction.
Nonstopdrivel
Anyone who thinks there is still tension between Rodgers and LaFleur should watch this video:

Mic'd Up: Rodgers calls his 5 touchdowns vs. Raiders 

Incidentally, I've commented multiple times on how much presnap motion we're seeing from the Packers this season, something that was virtually absent from Mike McCarthy's offense, particularly toward the end of his tenure in Green Bay. Turns out the Packers are sending players in motion on 63 percent of plays to lead the league. A new era really has begun at 1265 Lombardi Avenue.
Cheesey
It’s good to see an offense that the other team can’t automatically know what’s coming.
DoddPower
Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Anyone who thinks there is still tension between Rodgers and LaFleur should watch this video:

Mic'd Up: Rodgers calls his 5 touchdowns vs. Raiders 

Incidentally, I've commented multiple times on how much presnap motion we're seeing from the Packers this season, something that was virtually absent from Mike McCarthy's offense, particularly toward the end of his tenure in Green Bay. Turns out the Packers are sending players in motion on 63 percent of plays to lead the league. A new era really has begun at 1265 Lombardi Avenue.

Man, this team seems to have to deep and sincere chemistry. I heard an "I love you" in there somewhere, although I don't think it was Rodgers. I know things are great when a team is winning, but the difference from the past couple of years is pretty amazing.
Nonstopdrivel
Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Man, this team seems to have to deep and sincere chemistry.

Tell me about it!

Incidentally, the entire thread  is well worth reading.
KRK
DrNSD observed:
Quote:

Incidentally, I've commented multiple times on how much presnap motion we're seeing from the Packers this season, something that was virtually absent from Mike McCarthy's offense,

An Absolutely fantastic observation. When you get plays in quickly, then you can run motion. When you run motion you can more easily determine if the defense is in a zone or man to man, making your pre-snap reads much easier for both receiver and quarterback.
KRK
additional observations on the relationship:
  1. “Let’s go win it” is LaFleur telling 12, “ I believe in you, and I know we can get this done.“
  2. it’s further says, “I expect you, and will call on you, to win games when it counts and not rely on the defense.”
  3. by using the “we“, he is saying “I have your back.“
I think it has been important for them to have success early and to rely and believe in each other. Davonte Adams’ injury will be a blessing in disguise as 12 had to rely more on the offensive design. We should be getting him back at a perfect time (post bye)

Hopefully, they have built up enough Goodwill and trust that when the bad times happen in the offense struggles they will work things out together. The back half of the schedule is brutal and will be very challenging for the team and their relationship.
Nonstopdrivel
Originally Posted by: KRK 

Davonte [sic 😝] Adams’ injury will be a blessing in disguise as 12 had to rely more on the offensive design.

I could not agree more, and I have mentioned this a few times myself. In past years, we've seen Rodgers' performance improve when he lost his favorite targets (e.g., Jordy Nelson), only to dip again when they returned and he started trying to force the ball to them in favor of trusting the scheme. Each time, McCarthy acquiesced to Rodgers' unfortunate tendency to rely too much on the receivers he trusts. Hopefully, LaFleur won't let Rodgers get by with this, and the return of Adams will simply augment an already explosive offense.

A man can hope!