Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

KRK  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 2:08:20 PM(UTC)
Lombardi Avenue said
https://lombardiave.com/...hallenge-vikings-week-2/

This is really going to be a very different offense we face this week. The Viqueens will be committed to the run, in the hope to avoid turnovers, control the clock, wear down the defense, and prevent the Packers from getting in rhythm.

I hope the kid we picked up from the Giants is ready, because I don't know that our perma-nickle deployment matches up well with them.
Cheesey  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 2:21:51 PM(UTC)
Well, we will see how our run defense really is against them.
Thankfully, it’s a home game.
KRK  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 10:57:06 AM(UTC)
I also think the Viqueens are not as good outdoors....a bit slower on natural grass perhaps.
beast  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 1:28:14 PM(UTC)
Not only do they have a better rushing attack, they also have a much better QB... the Bears QB had some good chances but he couldn't take advantage, Cousins will surely get at least a few of them.

Vikings have a speed RB, so a speed nickel defense might be just right to keep up with him.

Also both the Vikings and Packers are introducing new guys from similar system as Kubiak on the Vikings is how I believe LaFleur got into the NFL while both where on the Texans. And they were reportedly giving the Vikings defense some troubles in training camp, so hopefully our rushing game can too.
bboystyle  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 4:39:21 PM(UTC)
beast said: Go to Quoted Post
Not only do they have a better rushing attack, they also have a much better QB... the Bears QB had some good chances but he couldn't take advantage, Cousins will surely get at least a few of them.

Vikings have a speed RB, so a speed nickel defense might be just right to keep up with him.

Also both the Vikings and Packers are introducing new guys from similar system as Kubiak on the Vikings is how I believe LaFleur got into the NFL while both where on the Texans. And they were reportedly giving the Vikings defense some troubles in training camp, so hopefully our rushing game can too.

Saying cousins is much better then mitch is like saying one turd is better then the other. Theres nothing to fear about cousins at all. Hes an avg. Qb who has taken advantage of a league that no longer harbors franchised qbs (or at least not many)

Packers 24

Queens 14
gbguy20  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 4:45:12 PM(UTC)
bboystyle said: Go to Quoted Post
Saying cousins is much better then mitch is like saying one turd is better then the other. Theres nothing to fear about cousins at all. Hes an avg. Qb who has taken advantage of a league that no longer harbors franchised qbs (or at least not many)

Packers 24

Queens 14

Take a look at Cousins stats every time he has played gb
KRK  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 2:19:37 AM(UTC)
Beast:
Quote:
Not only do they have a better rushing attack, they also have a much better QB

Bboystyle:
Quote:
Saying cousins is much better then mitch is like saying one turd is better then the other.
I have to go with Beast here.

Although Cousins has made some fairly lame plays, he has made far more very good and excellent decisions and throws against the Packers (as GBGuy pointed out) as well as other teams. I think most GM, for this year, would rate him way above Trubisky.
yooperfan  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 9:53:30 AM(UTC)
The Vikings running game was far more effective against the Falcons after the Falcons fumbled or were intercepted.
If the Packers can avoid these types of errors they should be able to control Minnesota's running game and put the burden on Cousins.
If they can make him play quarterback, the Packers win this one 17-14.
Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 10:24:38 AM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
Take a look at Cousins stats every time he has played gb

you take a look!!!

https://www.pro-football...Ki00/gamelog/?opp_id=gnb
gbguy20  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 10:46:38 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for proving my point...all very good games vs GB
warhawk  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 12:57:38 PM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for proving my point...all very good games vs GB

But isn't this why Gute did what he did in the off season? A LOT of QB's had good games against the Packers. This defense is far faster and more versatile than anything Cousins has seen from the Packers in the past. They used a different look on 3rd down almost every time against the Bears. There is no predictability with how Pettine is going to come at the offense or get after the QB. We never had the back end speed Savage, King, Alexander, and Brown bring to the table.

It's a new day folks. Looking back is fruitless.

KRK  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 1:03:55 PM(UTC)
Ya and Coach Dicktka said "the past is for cowards and losers!"
beast  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 1:18:58 PM(UTC)
KRK said: Go to Quoted Post
Ya and Coach Dicktka said "the past is for cowards and losers!"

But the past can also tell you a lot.

The Packers defense did a good job of limiting opportunities, but Trubisky completely and totally failed to capitalize on the ones that were there.

Better than average NFL QBs won't completely and totally fail to capitalize on them... and Cousin is better than average, even if it's only slightly... but a good running game and could make those WRs extremely hard to stop.
gbguy20  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 2:15:09 PM(UTC)
warhawk said: Go to Quoted Post
But isn't this why Gute did what he did in the off season? A LOT of QB's had good games against the Packers. This defense is far faster and more versatile than anything Cousins has seen from the Packers in the past. They used a different look on 3rd down almost every time against the Bears. There is no predictability with how Pettine is going to come at the offense or get after the QB. We never had the back end speed Savage, King, Alexander, and Brown bring to the table.

It's a new day folks. Looking back is fruitless.

You're absolutely right. My point was more so pointing out to the guy I quoted that while he may so cousins is nothing to worry about, he sure has torn us up every time he hs played us prior. So I sure hope our current D is worried about him.
KRK  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 2:28:55 PM(UTC)
I was being facetious in quoting Da Coach. Perhaps a better quote, which happen to believe, is from Edmund Burke
Quote:
“Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.”

Cheesey  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 8:39:30 PM(UTC)
KRK said: Go to Quoted Post
I was being facetious in quoting Da Coach. Perhaps a better quote, which happen to believe, is from Edmund Burke

Yeah dere.....I news ya was quotin’ da ex Bares koach. I dunt no howz da udder guise here dint get dat.
I taught it wuz pretty sharp dere!
Gud job youse guyz!
Rss Feed