Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 3:15:29 PM(UTC)
Sounds like we got a 6th round for him.

Tremon Smith, step up to return some kicks!
wpr  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 3:38:50 PM(UTC)
UserPostedImage
wpr  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 3:48:51 PM(UTC)
Is Shepherd going to take over the returns? I don't know.

Here's a little about him out of Forbes a month ago.

Quote:
Cobb had everything you’d dream of when designing the ideal slot receiver.

These days, Williams wonders if he’s watching Cobb 2.0 when he looks at rookie Darrius Shepherd.

Shepherd, an undrafted free agent from North Dakota State, has been one of the stars of the Green Bay Packers’ training camp. Shepherd has turned heads with his sensational play from the slot, excelling on a daily basis against anyone and everyone the Packers have thrown at him.

“He is the one receiver we have who has the body of a natural slot,” Williams told Conley Media of Shepherd. “He has the quickness and is built specifically for that position. He is obviously showing up on the field every day and I think every team needs a really good slot, for sure.”

Many of Shepherd’s measurable compare favorably to Cobb’s eight years earlier.

Shepherd is 5-foot-11, 186 pounds. Cobb was 5-10, 191. Shepherd’s vertical jump was 35.5 inches, which was two inches better than Cobb’s. Cobb’s time in the three-cone drill was 7.08, which was slightly better than Shepherd’s (7.13).

Cobb’s 40-yard dash time (4.46), though, was substantially better than Shepherd’s (4.57)
wpr  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 3:54:08 PM(UTC)
Tremon Smith is 5-10 200 4.43 40 (I saw another site that listed him at 4.30)
gbguy20  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 4:30:24 PM(UTC)
Bye
go.pack.go.  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 4:54:58 PM(UTC)
So he sucks for the last few years & we stick with him. Finally this year he shows some flashes of something good. And we kick him to the curb for a little bit of nothing. If nothing else, he’s a sure handed punt returner. That’s more valuable than you think. I don’t get it.
Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 5:08:47 PM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
Tremon Smith is 5-10 200 4.43 40 (I saw another site that listed him at 4.30)

Tyreek Hill said Smith was the fastest guy on the Chiefs.
buckeyepackfan  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 5:32:10 PM(UTC)
go.pack.go. said: Go to Quoted Post
So he sucks for the last few years & we stick with him. Finally this year he shows some flashes of something good. And we kick him to the curb for a little bit of nothing. If nothing else, he’s a sure handed punt returner. That’s more valuable than you think. I don’t get it.

He was injured his rookie year, in 2017 he was a top 5 return guy, again in 2018 he was injured.
He never sucked, he just wasn't healthy.

This is just Gutey getting a sure 6th rnd pick in 2020 instead of waiting for Davis to hit FA next year and maybe getting nothing for him as a comp in 2021.

No coincidence that Davis was a,TT draft pick.
Or is there?🤔🤔🤔🤔
nyrpack  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 5:52:17 PM(UTC)
Davis showed a little something this year but to call him sure handed is a stretch , the guy has fumbled quite a bit over the past few yrs !!
buckeyepackfan  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 6:14:39 PM(UTC)
nyrpack said: Go to Quoted Post
Davis showed a little something this year but to call him sure handed is a stretch , the guy has fumbled quite a bit over the past few yrs !!

He had 2 fumbles in 2016 as a rookie.
That's it.
He played in 11 games in 2016
15 games in 2017
0 games in 2018.
Again staying healthy has been his downfall so far.
The Packers will be fine with Smith or Shepard.

Maybe Davis will stay healthy and find a home in Vegas.
go.pack.go.  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 6:16:15 PM(UTC)
nyrpack said: Go to Quoted Post

Sure handed punt returner. Meaning I don’t recall seeing him drop a punt. That’s 99% of being a good punt returner in my opinion.
Mucky Tundra  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 6:46:57 PM(UTC)
It seems weird that they'd trade Davis after it looked like he finally found a niche on offense thanks to LaFluers scheme (jet sweeps and what not) and his role on STs.
go.pack.go.  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 7:24:03 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra said: Go to Quoted Post
It seems weird that they'd trade Davis after it looked like he finally found a niche on offense thanks to LaFluers scheme (jet sweeps and what not) and his role on STs.

I agree with you. There’s definitely been some questionable moves recently in my opinion. Hopefully they all work out.
gbguy20  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 7:33:33 PM(UTC)
How many offensive snaps has he taken this season? 23.

19 in week 1 then a huge drop to 4 in week 2.
wpr  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 7:54:42 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Tyreek Hill said Smith was the fastest guy on the Chiefs.

I know. I just posted what I saw on a website. Can't say if it's accurate or not.
TheKanataThrilla  
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 2:41:43 AM(UTC)
Before the preseason game against the Raiders many thought that Davis was going to get cut. I am thinking that getting a 6th rounder for him when he only has 1 year left on his contract and was likely not going to be in our long term plans is a pretty good move on Gute's part.
KRK  
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 3:33:42 AM(UTC)
Items:
  • The guy has one reception.
  • To me, the guy looks shaky catching punts
  • Can't block, and
  • was hurt often.
So, what's the big deal?

Considering, as other poster have mentioned, he was likely to get cut and numerous teams are looking for WR talent, I think it was a good time to cut bait and get something for him.

Further, many posters have been calling for more playing time for Kumerow and perhaps even Lazard, let's do it.
buckeyepackfan  
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 5:51:25 AM(UTC)
In the end I think it comes down to do you want your 6th WR be your return man or do you want your 6th cb ?

You can never have enough Db's these days.

You can get bye with 4 ir 5 receivers.

Updated by user Thursday, September 19, 2019 2:52:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nonstopdrivel  
#19 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2019 6:54:40 AM(UTC)
Well, my first prediction came true: Trevor Davis won't be on the Packers roster next year. I had a pretty strong feeling he wouldn't even make it through the year with Green Bay. Now it remains to be seen if my second prediction comes true: that he won't be on any NFL roster next year.

As far as I'm concerned, good riddance. He had contributed next to nothing on offense to this point, and he was simply awful on special teams this year.
Porforis  
#20 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2019 7:12:50 AM(UTC)
KRK said: Go to Quoted Post
Items:
  • The guy has one reception.
  • To me, the guy looks shaky catching punts
  • Can't block, and
  • was hurt often.
So, what's the big deal?

Considering, as other poster have mentioned, he was likely to get cut and numerous teams are looking for WR talent, I think it was a good time to cut bait and get something for him.

Further, many posters have been calling for more playing time for Kumerow and perhaps even Lazard, let's do it.

Don't forget an idiotic no-fair-catch last week where he got absolutely pummeled (at least he held onto the ball), followed by a very late fair catch, followed by blocking after a fair catch getting flagged.
Rss Feed