wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
4 years ago
RBs 12 receptions 102 yards on 13 targets
TEs 6 receptions 81 yards on 6 targets
WRS 4 receptions 55 yards on 12 targets

If someone would have told me the WRs were going to put up those numbers I would have said GB will lose by 3 TDs.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
4 years ago

yes 2 tackles 1 unassisted. per ESPN stats

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Great! Glad he got in there and got his feet wet.
Nonstopdrivel
4 years ago

Green Bay Packers 34, Dallas Cowboys 24 

1. "This is my house," Packers running back Aaron Jones screamed to the FOX camera after scoring a first-half touchdown. Jones owned the Cowboys' shrine Sunday, demolishing the Dallas D on the ground and in the passing game. The bulldozing running back bowled through tackle after tackle, making Cowboys defenders look silly in space. Jones' combination of power and elusiveness clown-suited Dallas linebackers, leaving Leighton Vander Esch grasping for air more than we've ever seen. The RB compiled 107 rushing yards on 19 attempts, with a career-high four rushing TDs (tying a franchise record). Jones is the first player to rush for four TDs in a single game versus the Cowboys. The RB led the Pack in both rushing and receiving, adding seven catches for 75 yards. Jones compiled 182 of the Packers' 335 yards on the day. When the third-year back has been given a chance to be the workhorse, he's proven he can be a game-changer. Without Davante Adams on Sunday, the Green Bay offense leaned on Jones, and he carried them.

2. The Packers defense once again swarmed the quarterback. Taking advantage of Cowboys left tackle Tyron Smith missing the tilt, and right tackle La'el Collins getting injured, Green Bay's pass rush bamboozled Dak Prescott, repeatedly forcing the QB into poor decisions. Za'Darius Smith gobbled up two sacks and four QB hits, frequently destroying replacement left tackle Cameron Fleming, and Preston Smith added a sack and two QB hits. The free-agent additions have completely rejuvenated the Packers' defensive front. The back end, meanwhile, intercepted Prescott three times, smothering receivers not named Amari Cooper in the first half. With the scoreboard lopsided early, Dallas couldn't eat away at a suspect Green Bay run defense with Ezekiel Elliott. It's the type of game-script that plays to the Packers' strength on D. With injuries mounting, the secondary gave up yards as the Cowboys fought back into the contest. The forced turnovers made the difference, however, giving Green Bay enough of a cushion to withstand a comeback.

3. For the second straight week, the Cowboys' offense looked addled early, unable to get into a flow and repeatedly shooting itself in the foot. In the first half, Dallas got into Green Bay territory on four of six possessions, yet scored zero points, including two interceptions and a missed field goal. The offense woke up in the second half with more deep shots, as we saw through the first three games of the season. Amari Cooper beat corner Jaire Alexander with some sublime route-running, compiling a whopping 226 yards on 11 receptions with a TD. Cooper was the Cowboys' best player Sunday but didn't get enough help for long stretches. The Cowboys generated 563 total yards on the day, consistently moving between the 20s, but far too many errors early, and questionable game-management late, ultimately doomed Dallas. The comeback bid getting snuffed out on a missed field-goal attempt by Brett Maher following a false start was an apropos ending for the Cowboys on Sunday.

Kevin Patra wrote:

UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
4 years ago

Buck had to fill the dead air alone.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Aikman was caught yawning on camera at least once. It definitely wasn't his best outing.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
4 years ago
I missed the end of the game because my wife insisted on buying us tickets to a 7:35 ET showing of Ad Astra, which turned out to not even be a very good movie. I wasn't happy.

All's well that ends well, but this game was such a nailbiter that I would have liked to be there for the finish.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
4 years ago
The Packers now have more road wins (2) after five games than they had all last season (1). Let that sink in for a moment.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
4 years ago

Packers coach Matt LaFleur gave Aaron Jones the game ball. He tried to give it to his offensive linemen. They wouldn't take it. "It's my first game ball," Jones said. "I tried to give it to the linemen because without them I'm nothing, along with the rest of the blocking unit, but the linemen gave it back to me. They were like, ‘No you're home, you're in Texas.' You take this ball."

Rob Demovsky  wrote:

I like it. RBs who acknowledge the effort of the linemen is a classy move.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
4 years ago

Aikman was caught yawning on camera at least once. It definitely wasn't his best outing.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Troy Aikman Once Again Appeared To Be Stoned Out His Mind During Telecast 

Either Troy Aikman has been hanging out with Bob Costas too much and severe case of pink eye again, allergic to Joe Buck, or showed up to work zapped out of his mind Sunday.

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Cheesey
4 years ago

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Plus, he was such an obvious “homer”.
You’d think he was still playing for the Cowboys. I couldn’t stand listening to him.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
Thoughts:
[list][*]A tremendous win[*]Even though Cowboys had 400+ yards passing, they were doing us a favor passing. They were gashing the hell out of our defense. I will be curious to see what their Average and Median per run were.[*]Our run game seems to work best out of the shotgun/pistol. Perhaps the higher RPO or straight up pass threats are reasons[*]Patrick filled in reasonably well for Linsley...only a couple wiffs.[*]LOVE Rodgers spreading the ball around...not much targeting this game[*]12 underthrew a couple of long passes....oh well I will take the overall decision making.[*]I really liked Jenkins[*]Graham actually blocked on at least 3 discernible instances.[*]Tonyan clearly a long term option at TE[*]Some moronic defensive play calls up 21+ points.[*]Montravious Adams is much better than Lowry or Lancaster. Faster quicker and can tackle.[*]Williiams a tremendous game[*]K Keke made a play or two on the DL. I would like to see more of him[*]We got very fortunate[list][*]Two of their tackles hurt for most of the game[*]Drop/pic on the first possession[*]Mystery holding call after a good gain on their 10[*]missed field goals[*]Some real bonehead throws by Prescot[/list][/list]
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK