Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KRK  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2019 1:19:24 PM(UTC)
For me, in another reason NOT to watch the NBA, the league is bending over backward and forward literally kow-towing to China.

Because they want the Chinese not to cancel their multi-billion dollar contract to air NBA games in China, they are trying to silence one of their owners who is standing up for free speech in Hong Kong. Heaven forbid we point out these human rights violations, as well as sticking hundreds of thousand of Muslims in concentration camps (oooo I'm sorry...reeducation camps.) All of this in addition to their persecution of Christians which we have been turning a blind eye to for years.

I am so sick of self serving business people, and now the NBA, and their attitudes, compromising...looking the other way when human rights are violated, but then bowing to political correctness. They will cast aside any value, or refuse to take a stand for any value, just to make sure they don't effect the top line or bottom line. They are frigging greedy pansies and cowards and I abhor their conduct.

Updated by user Friday, October 11, 2019 4:32:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cheesey  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2019 1:57:57 PM(UTC)
It’s all about money.
If you stand up for what’s right, most likely you will stand alone.
KRK  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2019 6:17:37 AM(UTC)
Now Steve Kerr is justifying the NBA looking the other way to the CHINESE GOVERNMENT'S human rights violation, mass incarceration, and the like because we have nut jobs who kill people of over here:

https://twitchy.com/doug...h-other-down-in-the-u-s/

Where did these guys lose their perspective along the way. WOKE mindset.....sickening
Cheesey  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2019 7:51:57 AM(UTC)
They never lost their perspective. Their perspective all along had been to accept ANYTHING, as long as it doesn’t interfere with their income.

And it’s not that surprising to me. In the early part of WW2, there were plenty of people here that said we should just ignore what Adolph Hitler was doing, that we should mind our own business. It didn’t affect us. The people that he was having killed didn’t matter.
So the mindset of some is still the same. If it doesn’t affect me personally, then I don’t care.
It’s sad, really.
KRK  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2019 8:39:02 AM(UTC)
satire....not far from truth

https://babylonbee.com/n...-chinese-national-anthem

NBA Now Requiring All Players To Stand For Chinese National Anthem

October 9th, 2019

NEW YORK, NY—In an effort to salvage its relationship with China, the NBA is now requiring all players to stand for the Chinese national anthem at the beginning of every game.

The official song of the People's Republic of China, "March of the Volunteers," will be played at the start of all professional basketball games, whether at home or abroad. All players, fans, coaches, and employees will be required to stand and solemnly sing lyrics including the following:

Millions of but one heart we run towards the Communist tomorrow!
Build our homeland, guard our homeland, and fight gallantly.
March on! March on! March on!
We, for tens of thousands of generations to come,
Hold high the Flag of Mao Zedong, march on!

"We hope this gesture of goodwill will show China that we love them and there is no need for our multi-billion-dollar deal to fall through," said NBA Commissioner Adam Silver. "March on, Mao!" Silver then performed a soft jazz rendition of the tune and bowed low to the ground to show President Xi Jinping that he is very sorry.

Anyone who doesn't comply will be shot, a beloved Chinese custom that should further smooth things over with the authoritarian regime.

Updated by user Saturday, October 12, 2019 10:07:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cheesey  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2019 12:33:41 PM(UTC)
Glad to see China is finally lightning up.
Only KILLING you......not torturing.LOL

Like you said, satire....but not very far from the truth.
dyeah_gb  
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2019 2:16:34 PM(UTC)
KRK said: Go to Quoted Post
satire....not far from truth

https://babylonbee.com/n...-chinese-national-anthem

NBA Now Requiring All Players To Stand For Chinese National Anthem

October 9th, 2019

NEW YORK, NY—In an effort to salvage its relationship with China, the NBA is now requiring all players to stand for the Chinese national anthem at the beginning of every game.

The official song of the People's Republic of China, "March of the Volunteers," will be played at the start of all professional basketball games, whether at home or abroad. All players, fans, coaches, and employees will be required to stand and solemnly sing lyrics including the following:

Millions of but one heart we run towards the Communist tomorrow!
Build our homeland, guard our homeland, and fight gallantly.
March on! March on! March on!
We, for tens of thousands of generations to come,
Hold high the Flag of Mao Zedong, march on!

"We hope this gesture of goodwill will show China that we love them and there is no need for our multi-billion-dollar deal to fall through," said NBA Commissioner Adam Silver. "March on, Mao!" Silver then performed a soft jazz rendition of the tune and bowed low to the ground to show President Xi Jinping that he is very sorry.

Anyone who doesn't comply will be shot, a beloved Chinese custom that should further smooth things over with the authoritarian regime.

Props for referencing the Babylon Bee. There actually may be a grey area here for the NBA worth defending in that it is a sport and wants to stay away from politics. Instead the NBA allows one of their genius coaches to rationalize China's behavior by suggesting that China's human rights behavior is morally equivalent to US citizens exercising their rights under the Constitution.

Here

Cheesey  
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2019 2:23:43 PM(UTC)
dyeah_gb said: Go to Quoted Post
Props for referencing the Babylon Bee. There actually may be a grey area here for the NBA worth defending in that it is a sport and wants to stay away from politics. Instead the NBA allows one of their genius coaches to rationalize China's behavior by suggesting that China's human rights behavior is morally equivalent to US citizens exercising their rights under the Constitution.

Here

I can understand wanting to stay away from politics. But we aren’t talking politics, like democrats or republicans. We are talking about a country that kills people that don’t tow the line.
That’s not political, that’s a government that backs murder.
That’s how I see it at least.
KRK  
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2019 5:57:18 PM(UTC)
Concentration camps, forced prostitution, literal slavery!!! But its cheap labor so US corporation partner with them!!!!

And they pay the NBA a billions so that makes it all ok!!! So the owners...and shamefully the players, the guys who think Black Live Matter and who won't visit the White House kiss the Chinese dictators asses!!!! What frigging hypocrites and aholes.

The NBA, players, ESPN and sponsors can all kiss my ass.
Rss Feed