go.pack.go.
4 years ago
I’m not wasting my time studying this too intensely, but if it’s going based off of completion percentage, that’s bullshit. There are so many factors that go into having a completed pass. Throw aways due to pressure, throw aways due to nobody being open, throw aways due to having a broken knee & can’t escape pressure, dropped passes, etc.

And let’s not forget our receivers have sucked the last couple years.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
4 years ago
First.....who the heck is “Ben Baldwin???” And why is what he thinks important?
Look at 2010 when the Packers won the super bowl. Rodgers only threw 28 touchdowns. Yet the year he threw 45 TDS, they were bounced out of the playoffs early.
And like go pack said, so much goes into completion percentage. This year, there have been a lot of drops. Plays that guys like Adams and Jordy would have caught. So by JUST completion count, that has a lot more variables then just on Rodgers shoulders.
I’d rather see him making smart decisions like he has this last couple of games, and leading the team to wins.
And now he knows he has a defense that can keep us in games, he can RELAX, and use his brain as well as his arm. He no longer has to do it all. He actually has some back up.
UserPostedImage
nyrpack
4 years ago
Glad he is still the qb of the team I love, I will always support #12. !!
jimmy b.
shield4life
4 years ago
Aaron Rodgers is the reason why the receivers are dropping the passes.

Last I checked ... 2 of his INT are due to dropped passes this year.

Next analyst please ...
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Cheesey
4 years ago
Stats, when not in context are misleading.
As was already stated, 2 INTS were solely on mistakes by the WRs.
And so many dropped passes.
Rodgers can only throw the ball. It’s up to the receivers to catch it.
Look at the perfectly thrown ball to Aaron Jones that would have been a TD. He dropped what should have been an easy catch and score.
The INT that Shepherd SHOULD have caught at the goal line that should have been first and goal. Off his face mask and into the DBs hands.
Rodgers is charged with a INT. A perfect throw messed up by the WR.
But the STAT only shows a interception.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
Statistics are great for those people who can’t understand what’s going on in front of them. Ben Baldwin is likely this type of individual.

I don’t need statistics to tell me that 12 has been fantastic the last two games.

I don’t need statistics to tell me that for the last three years, opponents had figured out McCarthy’s offense.

I don’t need statistics to tell me that the Packers have not had great receivers for the last several years.

For the next two years, there is still no other quarterback I would rather have on my team than Rodgers....bar NONE.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Barfarn
4 years ago

Statistics are great for those people who can’t understand what’s going on in front of them. Ben Baldwin is likely this type of individual.

I don’t need statistics to tell me that 12 has been fantastic the last two games.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

If one understands football, Baldwin’s stats match reality EXACTLY. Problem for typical fans comes from only being able to process Rodgers’ play thru results; and when a play fails, the idolizers look for others to blame.

The world was informed right in this forum that Rodgers’ decision making tanked the bye week of 2015, coinciding with Rodgers’ excommunicating his family from his life. Hobbled the last half of ’16; Rodgers seemingly returned; but as his ankle healed Doppleganger returned and Rodgers has not been seen since.

To understand Doppleganger only one play needs to be viewed: the TD pass to Lizard. 3rd and 5 on Det 31, 2 scores down and it is nowhere near panic time for nonchockers.

NOW LOOK AT THE DAMN PLAY and learn:

Read 1 is MVS on a shallow cross left to right.

Read 2a and 2b is Kumerow and Graham running a shallow and deep slant, respectively, from right to left. Given Det’s defensive alignment, pre-snap this is the place anticipated to go!!!

Lizard’s [Left] responsibility is to go deep to clear out the left side for the parallel slants of read 2a/2b [Rodgers should be on alert for deep throw to Lizard if there's a blown coverage, which did NOT occur].

Kumerow is WIDE OPEN by 6 yards short left. EASY throw, EASY first and WR gets 10+ YAC.

But, Rodgers threw into blanket coverage. It took an amazing throw to even have a chance; but still the DB had a chance to make an exceptional play leaving Crosby w/ a 48-yard FG attempt. Securing the first is what an elite QB would have done. Rodgers panicked and/or at the expense of the team, he was turning his lobby efforts for Lizard into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

This is exactly how Cutler played [Though Cutler couldn’t have made that unbelievable throw in his dreams]. Dozens of bad decisions that resulted in a handful of plays that look great to the fan, but those same bad decisions end multiple drives in a game. Last 2 drives stopped on downs because of Rodgers’ decision making [Bailed out by one ref on the take-Flowers was doing that all game].

Shepard’s INT was a similar bad decision: Rodgers was looking off the safety for too long trying to get the ball to Graham for the TD, instead of focusing on the 1st. Rodgers knew he had to get the TD stat there or the glory goes to a RB. Shepard was WIDE OPEN, but Rodgers got to Shepard’s read late, threw behind Shepard; opening up the door for disaster. If Rodgers just went thru his damn progressions he’d have hit Shepard in the chest, leaving 1st and G on the 1 or 2. Shamefully, Rodgers may also have been consciously depriving Shepard of success to prove Lizard should get more snaps.

Baldwin is correct, Rodgers is not elite; he’s much closer to being just an ass, who makes an occasional play that no one else can make. Don't be fooled by the glitz.
Cheesey
4 years ago
Yup Barfarn....Rodgers sucks. He’s one of the worst QBs in the league.
Stats are the only thing that matters.

I guess you only remember plays where Rodgers isn’t “perfect”.
Selective memory.
What ever doesn’t fit your desired hatred of Rodgers gets ignored.

Tell me, which of the 32 starting QBs in the NFL would fit your expectations as being a perfect QB?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

Baldwin is correct, Rodgers is not elite; he’s much closer to being just an ass, who makes an occasional play that no one else can make. Don't be fooled by the glitz.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

If this is not elite, I am perfectly okay having our QB being closed to "just an ass".

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (13h) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (13h) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (13h) : fuck
beast (14h) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (14h) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (14h) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (15h) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (15h) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (15h) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (15h) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (15h) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (16h) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (17h) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (17h) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (17h) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (17h) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.