Discussion Board
Zero2Cool
2019-11-04T13:44:35Z
hardrocker950
2019-11-04T13:51:08Z
Seems like a cool guy - might have to go drink a couple beers with him 👎
Cheesey
2019-11-04T15:51:49Z
Wow....if a white guy used the N word in that context, it would blow up 100 times more.
Looks like “Whitehead” will have to change his name to “Crackerhead”.😂 😂 🤣
buckeyepackfan
2019-11-04T15:58:59Z
Originally Posted by: hardrocker950 

Seems like a cool guy - might have to go drink a couple beers with him 👎

He's unemployed now, you might have to buy!
😂😂😂😂😂😂
Nonstopdrivel
2019-11-04T16:55:27Z
What is a, ahem, fuck ass Cracker? 😕
beast
2019-11-04T17:25:38Z
I wonder if this kinda reaction was lead to him being released by the Packers... he looked like he was gonna become a good backup Safety then did some stupid stuff and gone.

Also I expect a big fine, as players aren't allowed to be on social media period until after so many mins (60 maybe?) and especially not getting negative attention like this.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2019-11-04T18:56:21Z
Beast noted:
Quote:

I wonder if this kinda reaction was lead to him being released by the Packers... he looked like he was gonna become a good backup Safety then did some stupid stuff and gone.

Likely IMO
DrNSD wondered:
Quote:

What is a, ahem, f$%k a#@ Cracker?

YOU ARE you f$%k a#@ Cracker!!!!
Dulak
2019-11-04T20:24:56Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Wow....if a white guy used the N word in that context, it would blow up 100 times more.
Looks like “Whitehead” will have to change his name to “Crackerhead”.😂 😂 🤣

I agree
Cheesey
2019-11-05T00:42:52Z
Originally Posted by: KRK 

Beast noted: Likely IMO
DrNSD wondered:YOU ARE you f$%k a#@ Cracker!!!!

Nah......DrNSD is just a NORMAL cracker. 😂
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2019-11-05T01:04:44Z
To all you f&^k a#@ crackers: just in case you don't know if you are one...this could help:
Quote:

King John, published sometime in the 1590s. One character refers to another as a craker — a common insult for an obnoxious bloviator.

What craker is this same that deafs our ears with this abundance of superfluous breath?

"It's a beautiful quote, but it was a character trait that was used to describe a group of Celtic immigrants — Scots-Irish people who came to the Americas who were running from political circumstances in the old world," Ste. Claire said. Those Scots-Irish folks started settling the Carolinas, and later moved deeper South and into Florida and Georgia.

But the disparaging term followed these immigrants, who were thought by local officials to be unruly and ill-mannered.

"In official documents, the governor of Florida said, 'We don't know what to do with these crackers — we tell them to settle this area and they don't; we tell them not to settle this area and they do," Ste. Claire said. "They lived off the land. They were rogues."

By the early 1800s, those immigrants to the South started to refer to themselves that way as a badge of honor and a term of endearment. (I'm pretty sure this process of reappropriating a disparaging term sounds familiar to a lot of y'all.)...

It was in the late 1800s when writers from the North started referring to the hayseed faction of Southern homesteaders as crackers. "[Those writers] decided that they were called that because of the cracking of the whip when they drove slaves," Ste. Claire said. But he said that few crackers would have owned slaves; they were generally too poor. (That of course, doesn't mean they weren't participants in the South's slave economy in other ways.)

Ste. Claire said that by the 1940s, the term began to take on yet another meaning in American inner cities in particular: as an epithet for bigoted white folks. But he wasn't sure how it happened. (I'm hazarding a guess here, but this would have been during the height of the Great Migration, as millions of black people from the South were moving to the North and West and fleeing Southern racism. They might have carried cracker with them as a shorthand for whites back in the Jim Crow South.)

all of which leave the question unanswered, "which came first, the cracker or the barrel??"
Cheesey
2019-11-05T01:27:43Z
What’s so funny????
We live in a racist world. We even have the VERY racist “Cracker Barrel” restaurant!!! I refuse to eat there!!!
I mean, they use the name, “Cracker”, WHICH IS WHAT I AM! And I don’t even get any money from them using my name!!!
I’m going to DEMAND reparations!!!😝 😂
gbguy20
2019-11-05T03:19:18Z
I have a goat you can borrow
Cheesey
2019-11-05T05:49:17Z
Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

I have a goat you can borrow

I AM the “goat”!
(Greatest Of All Time CHEESEY!)😂
.........goat cheese???........😂
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
Cheesey (2h) : The irony is, you don’t get the irony. (Just kidding!)🤪
Nonstopdrivel (7h) : I must have missed the joke. What is the irony?
Cheesey (25-May) : I think I’ll “irony” my laundry...🤪
Zero2Cool (25-May) : The irony lol....
Nonstopdrivel (23-May) : Agreed. I love doing research. I submitted a paper to a journal a couple of days ago. Fingers crossed that it gets accepted.
Zero2Cool (20-May) : Research projects can be tons of fun!
Nonstopdrivel (20-May) : I don't have any hospital responsibilities, just the endless onboarding process. I'm working on some research projects too.
TheKanataThrilla (18-May) : Is it vacation now NSD or do you still have hospital responsibilities?
Nonstopdrivel (16-May) : I'll be moving to Myrtle Beach in June.
TheKanataThrilla (16-May) : Congrats NSD. When are you moving?
Nonstopdrivel (15-May) : And thank you, everyone. Your kind words are much appreciated. It's been a long, long, long time in coming.
Nonstopdrivel (15-May) : Except that I'll be getting me Lombardi Trophy in the mail in a few weeks (Delayed by the idiotic coronavirus pan(Dem)ic, of course.
Cheesey (15-May) : Congrats NSD! I’m sorry u had to watch from home. Must feel like having a ticket to the super bowl, and watching on TV instead
yooperfan (14-May) : Congratulations NSD!
KRK (14-May) : Now you are truly Dr. NSD. Bravissimo
wpr (14-May) : Congratulations NSD. It's an honor in whatever form.
Nonstopdrivel (14-May) : my*
Nonstopdrivel (14-May) : Watching my medical school commencement from by living room. 😂
Cheesey (14-May) : My favorite position on the Packers is the PUNter!😝
Cheesey (14-May) : Does that mean I should be PUNished?🤪
Nonstopdrivel (12-May) : I'd say most of your puns recently have been more of a stretch than string cheese, but Nostridamus was a masterpiece. I wouldn't nominate it for a Pullitzer anyway.
Cheesey (12-May) : LOL Wayne! I appreciate your comment. You and Non made me feel my “cheesiness” is still worth something here.
wpr (12-May) : I will apologize Cheesey. I saw it and considered it to be the typical cheese spread. I failed to recognize the masterpiece of pun it truly is. mea culpa
Cheesey (12-May) : Nonstop, I honestly wondered if anyone would get it! And you probably were the only one! Good job!🤪
Nonstopdrivel (11-May) : "Nostridamus" -- that might be your best pun yet, not least because it took me almost an entire day to get it.
Cheesey (11-May) : Wayne...is she gonna keep YOU?😂
Cheesey (11-May) : Nostridamis told me that Booger was being released....from the end of my finger!😁
wpr (10-May) : last December. I think I'll keep her.
wpr (10-May) : Today's Mother's Day. My wife can watch whatever she wants. What was on our tv? Pride and Prejudice? Sense and Sensibility? Something on Hallmark Chanel? Nope. Star Trek, Dr Who and now Packers-Bears
Zero2Cool (10-May) : Both guys on MNF are replaced.
KRK (10-May) : Seriously, IMO he was excellent in the role he was in the previous year
KRK (10-May) : To be fair to the guy it snot all his fault.
Cheesey (10-May) : No “Booger?” I heard he was hand picked!😂
Nonstopdrivel (10-May) : Booger McFarland won't be back in the MNF booth this year. And there is much rejoicing.
Nonstopdrivel (10-May) : Happy Mothers Day to our resident Kevins: Zero2Cool and KRK.
Nonstopdrivel (10-May) : Nah, my record is squeaky clean. It's just a reminder of better times and bad mistakes.
KRK (10-May) : NSD, when you have a history of crime, it can't be easy :-)
beast (9-May) : A link to it on twitter
Nonstopdrivel (9-May) : Filling out background check applications is so fucking depressing.
KRK (9-May) : Beast, where did you see that...re Watson/Bears.
beast (9-May) : And PFT pulls back information from before his draft (including his own words), to suggest Watson might currently be mistaken.
beast (9-May) : Deshaun Watson tweets "The bears NEVER ONCE talked to me.." when aruging against the Bears evaluating him... on a discussion about teams choicing QB based on race.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Yup. Make it like week 11 or something. Have some Hall of Fame induction thing or something.
Nonstopdrivel (8-May) : I would rather the entire league took off the same week.
Cheesey (8-May) : I don’t like it either, Zero. But there’s not much we can do about it.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : It'd be more important if the BYE was later. I don't like how the NFL does their BYE weeks.
Smokey (8-May) : Week 5 Bye as important as a game !
Zero2Cool (7-May) : And now it's being said Vikings week 1 vs Packers.
buckeyepackfan (7-May) : @Colts wk1 @Saints wk3 @49r's wk5 Yikes! 😁
buckeyepackfan (7-May) : @Colts-wk1 @Saints wam
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2020 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 13 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Sep 20 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Sep 27 @ 7:20 PM
Saints
Monday, Oct 5 @ 7:15 PM
FALCONS
Sunday, Oct 18 @ 3:25 PM
Buccaneers
Sunday, Oct 25 @ 12:00 PM
Texans
Sunday, Nov 1 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Thursday, Nov 5 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Nov 15 @ 12:00 PM
JAGUARS
Sunday, Nov 22 @ 12:00 PM
Colts
Sunday, Nov 29 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Dec 6 @ 3:25 PM
EAGLES
Sunday, Dec 13 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 20 @ 12:00 PM
PANTHERS
Sunday, Dec 27 @ 7:20 PM
TITANS
Sunday, Jan 3 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

8h / Random Babble / Cheesey

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / KRK

22h / Random Babble / TheKanataThrilla

26-May / Around The NFL / Cheesey

25-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

24-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23-May / Random Babble / KRK

22-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / all_about_da_packers

22-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

21-May / Random Babble / KRK

21-May / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

21-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / gbguy20

19-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

18-May / Random Babble / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2020 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.