KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
ZTC said:

Watching that game three times is a terrible misuse of time. People tune that out after a period of time

Bull. IT IS A GREAT USE OF TIME. Perhaps you have never been in a team film room. Many times plays are run over 5-6 times. I know of an instance on a blown assignment that was run back 17 times.

People don't tune out, they learn.

On of the biggest problems in the Thompson McCarthy era was a lack of accountability, which means taking people to task for missed assignments and piss-poor execution.

Patriots have already moved on to their next opponent, it is what they do and are famous for doing win or lose.

Belichick's position coaches will go through every single play with the players, especially the major screw-ups

Something. You take them off the field because ultimately that hurts them more than anything else and by hurts them I mean gets their attention.

The best time to get their attention and effectuate change is immediately after a screw up.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

ZTC said:Bull. IT IS A GREAT USE OF TIME. Perhaps you have never been in a team film room. Many times plays are run over 5-6 times. I know of an instance on a blown assignment that was run back 17 times.

People don't tune out, they learn.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

One of the things players have commended this coaching staff on was when players asked the coach to break up the meetings a little bit because players were drifting off and the value was diminishing, the staff did just that. They even installed a basketball hoop in one of the meeting rooms.

If you even for a second think players don't tune it out, you have no business talking on the subject at all until you do any research on the matter. If you don't follow the Packers or NFL close enough to have read the quotes, just look up Lance Briggs.  You think he's the only one? He's not. What about James Harrison who said “Who hasn’t fell asleep in a meeting?”. Wait, let me guess, he was so tuned in he was DREAMING of the corrections? What about John Roper who Jimmy Johnson from the team for sleeping through a special teams film session?

Yeah, players don't tune them out, they learn.

UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
Players tune out when they don’t know the reasons that film work is being done. They tune out when they’re not being taught.

They screw up when either they don’t know their assignments, don’t know what they should’ve done in that particular situation, nor understand why they need to do what they’re supposed to do. I’m not talking about reviewing guys getting their asses kicked physical. Reviewing blown assignments, bad angles, and piss poor effort is necessary, worthwhile, and will yield results.

Knowing how their screwup affects other aspects of the team and the game plan is essential to correcting performance. It further enables guys to fill-in at other positions, which they can’t do if they haven’t done adequate film work.

Lance Briggs and James Harrison had simple freaking jobs, containing the run and rush the passer. They were really involved and complex coverages so I can see why these guys got bored. When you have a relatively young defense and complex games, film work as essential as tedious as it may be. As part of the discipline that separates good teams from grade teams.

And I don’t have to do any research on the subject. I played and I coached. Good coaches know how to hold players accountable. Bad ones don’t.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
Additional thought. The only positive I saw from the game was Tony Brown and some of the db's getting into a shoving and shouting match on the sideline. At least someone gave a damn.
Cheesey
4 years ago

Additional thought. The only positive I saw from the game was Tony Brown and some of the db's getting into a shoving and shouting match on the sideline. At least someone gave a damn.

Too bad they couldn’t be that tough ON the field.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

Players tune out when they don’t know the reasons that film work is being done. They tune out when they’re not being taught.

Exactly. Watching the game does nothing, shit, if it did I would be a freaking General Manager by now as would others!! Ha. Reviewing the film cut up by the coaching staff (or at the direction of the coaching staff) with corrections and how to implement said corrections is vastly different than watching the game X times.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

This I did not see. Conflict can be a good thing. As I've beat this drum a few times already, I will strum it once more. I'm more curious in how this team responds than watching that game again. I think the Packers are more like how they performed vs Cowboys and Raiders than they did Chargers. I could be wrong. We will find out.

I'm thinking you were referring to this.

UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (19m) : No.
    Mucky Tundra (2h) : End of a Degu-era
    dhazer (3h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
    Zero2Cool (5h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
    Zero2Cool (6h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
    dfosterf (17h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
    Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
    beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
    Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
    Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
    beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
    beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
    beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.