2019-11-16T00:45:41Z
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2019-11-16T07:15:18Z
Let's wait to begin to think about seedings and byes if we beat SF. If we get pummeled, I will worry more about making the playoffs at all.
earthquake
2019-11-16T11:26:14Z
Originally Posted by: KRK 

Let's wait to begin to think about seedings and byes if we beat SF. If we get pummeled, I will worry more about making the playoffs at all.

Really? The Packers have 8 wins, 2 losses, and upcoming games against the Redskins, Giants, Bears, and Lions. Those teams have a combined 10 wins and 26 losses. Worst case seem like 10-6 at this point, which is probably good enough for a wild card.

If they clean up the games left vs teams with loosing records, but lose to 49ers and vikings, they'll be 12-4. Even with a surprisingly loss in there, 11-5.
beast
2019-11-16T11:59:44Z

If we lose to 49ers then I'm worrying about the division, because we can't seem to lose the Vikings, and the whole division has played us extremely tough so far this year and we were lucky in division games so far.

But I think playoffs are ALMOST a lock.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

Really? The Packers have 8 wins, 2 losses, and upcoming games against the Redskins, Giants, Bears, and Lions. Those teams have a combined 10 wins and 26 losses. Worst case seem like 10-6 at this point, which is probably good enough for a wild card.

I just ran the ESPN predictor, with winning percentage, and switching the Packers to losing all of their games...

The worst scenario seemed to be, the away teams winning all the tie breakers (Rams over Cowboys, Cowboys over Eagles)... would leave the Packers with the 9th NFC spot if they lost the rest of their games.

In which case, it would take two wins (of the final 6) to get into the playoffs... but a number of cases where it'd only take one, because we have the lead and tie breakers over the Cowboys and Panthers.

To get a playoff spot, we basically got to beat out the currently 5-4 teams, meaning Panthers, Rams and the non-division loser of the Cowboys and Eagles race. And we currently got 2.5 game lead on them and tie breaker over two of them.

Unfortunately, Eagles tie breaker over is could potentially make things more complicated if they catch us... but if they win their division then we're not even competing over the same wildcard spot (as far as getting into the playoffs goes).
buckeyepackfan
2019-11-16T15:31:33Z
The big difference between this year and the last 3 or 4 is The Packers are currently the #2 seed.
Previous years we were just trying to map out scenarios so they could get to the playoffs.

This year we can plug in scenarios to:
#1 Make playoffs
#2 Win the division
#3 Get the #1 seed and home field advantage.

Cheesey
2019-11-16T15:38:42Z
I’m not that worried about making the playoffs. My biggest concern is, can we WIN in the playoffs. Just making it to the playoffs isn’t the goal it once was for me. Our HOF QB doesn’t have that many years left, and after he is gone I doubt we will have a 3rd straight great QB to lead the team.
The clock is running. They can’t waste another season.
And if we get creamed by SF, that will be a bad sign. It doesn’t mean the end, but it wouldn’t be good.
Zero2Cool
2019-11-16T19:21:52Z
Set criteria to defense. Packers miss playoffs. Ruh-oh.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2019-11-16T20:08:39Z
I hate to rain on the parade, but lets look at the facts....we are 8-2. I am very happy about it.
We could easily be 5-5, so I invite you to wake up and smell the coffee, and take off the rose colored glasses:
  • We got HUGE breaks to win the Detroit game (at home)
  • We played Dallas without their starting tackles
  • We got couple of breaks and a Vikings team which had not hit their stride.
  • A dumb ass play by David Carr before half and at terrible throw pick when they were rallying
  • We were lucky to stave off the Carolina rally...we couldn't get a first down to put a fork in them.
  • Our defense has been a sieve, other than in the red zone. And the trend on defense is not in our favor.
Yes we play some lesser teams, but let me remind you, NONE of you thought LAC would be a challenge. The Redskins are the only sure win on the schedule. The Giants will score 28 on us. Detroit (away) will have Stafford back. Minnesota is away. The Bear game will be a playoff game for them. Right now: Seattle, SF, Minn, New Orleans are all better than us. Dallas and Philly are close.

I hope I am wrong, but if we get our asses kicked, and get some starters hurt against SF Sunday night...perhaps a left tackle, QB, or DE, there will be PANIC in Packerland....and justifiably so.

But I will say I told you so.....
Cheesey
2019-11-16T21:42:01Z
I agree. We have been lucky. The KC game without their QB.
If our D can learn to tackle, we have as good a chance as any to go on a run.
I remain hopeful.
earthquake
2019-11-16T23:37:32Z

I hate to rain on the parade, but lets look at the facts....we are 8-2. I am very happy about it.
We could easily be 5-5, so I invite you to wake up and smell the coffee, and take off the rose colored glasses:

• A dumb ass play by David Carr before half and at terrible throw pick when they were rallying
  • We were lucky to stave off the Carolina rally...we couldn't get a first down to put a fork in them.
  • Our defense has been a sieve, other than in the red zone. And the trend on defense is not in our favor.
Yes we play some lesser teams, but let me remind you, NONE of you thought LAC would be a challenge. The Redskins are the only sure win on the schedule. The Giants will score 28 on us. Detroit (away) will have Stafford back. Minnesota is away. The Bear game will be a playoff game for them. Right now: Seattle, SF, Minn, New Orleans are all better than us. Dallas and Philly are close.

I hope I am wrong, but if we get our asses kicked, and get some starters hurt against SF Sunday night...perhaps a left tackle, QB, or DE, there will be PANIC in Packerland....and justifiably so.

I know you're trying to be balanced here, but in your quest to not be a homer you've shot to the other extreme. Yes, they've had some lucky breaks. Most teams that win a lot of games do. Yes, some of the games could have easily gone the other way. Again, you can go through games with every team and play the what if game. Winning in the NFL is hard and sometimes you need a lucky break here and there.

The point is, this team has found ways to win, and win fairly consistently. Could they lose out? Certainly they could. If they lost some of their best players would they have trouble continuing to win? Of course. Again this applies to every team in the league.

Perhaps you should take off your doom and gloom glasses. If the Packers lose to one of the top 4 teams in the league, on the road, they will not transform into the Miami Dolphins overnight.
buckeyepackfan
2019-11-17T03:41:24Z
A lot of members are putting way to much on the 49r game.
1 0f 16 on the shedule.
49r's are not the same team without their TE Kittle and their rb Breida.

Thats only the start of their problems.
They are beat up and unlike The Packers, they had their bye week 4.
Their breaks to get heslthy are long over with.

I give Arizona a real chance at winning Sunday.
Take a look at 49r's remaining schedule.
It's not easy.
They go 14-2 or 13-3 and you just have to tip your hat to them.

11-5 is more realistic.

My bold prediction is 12-4 will be the best NFC record.

The Packers have just as good a chance as any team to get there.

As far as The Packers being lucky.

You can look at ANY close game every week
and you will find plays or calls that could have changed the outcome.

Hey but what do I know, all I do is go through the season looking through my Green and Gold glasses.

Hey but the view HAS BEEN GREAT!

#EnjoyTheJourney!

#12-17-33=ohyea!!!

Porforis
2019-11-17T20:39:44Z
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2019-11-17T20:49:57Z
Buckeye, you seem to be suggesting that since the 49ers are not at full strength this should be an easy win. But those injuries further accentuate the necessity of a strong showing against them. The reason there is concern about the 49ers is that if they are one of the elite teams and if we get pummeled by an elite team, it suggests that we may not be as elite as the faithful feel.
Porforis reinforces the point about the tail end of the schedule as well
Zero2Cool
2019-11-17T22:32:05Z

While you speak about this coffee, did you happen to mention the losses of the Packers? Like Davante Adams, Darnell Savage? Anything?
Cheesey
2019-11-17T23:03:23Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

While you speak about this coffee, did you happen to mention the losses of the Packers? Like Davante Adams, Darnell Savage? Anything?

I bet it was decaf!😂
buckeyepackfan
2019-11-18T00:05:23Z

Buckeye, you seem to be suggesting that since the 49ers are not at full strength this should be an easy win. But those injuries further accentuate the necessity of a strong showing against them. The reason there is concern about the 49ers is that if they are one of the elite teams and if we get pummeled by an elite team, it suggests that we may not be as elite as the faithful feel.
Porforis reinforces the point about the tail end of the schedule as well

You really missed the point.

THERE ARE NEVER EVER ANY EASY WINS IN THE NFL!

It is ONE game of SIXTEEN!

Win or lose IT IS NOT GOING TO MAKE OR BREAK THE SEASON!

Are The 49r's elite?

Doesn't matter right now
Cheesey
2019-11-18T00:18:04Z
There are 6 weeks left in the season. So much can happen between now and the end of the year.
Injuries can change the outcome of who ends up in what seed.
Only time will tell how it all turns out.
There’s no reason to think why we can’t end up in the mix.
beast
2019-11-18T00:36:29Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

There are 6 weeks left in the season. So much can happen between now and the end of the year.
Injuries can change the outcome of who ends up in what seed.
Only time will tell how it all turns out.
There’s no reason to think why we can’t end up in the mix.

Bold prediction... Ravens go to the Superbowl for the AFC.
I want to say they win the whole thing, but it depends on whom goes for the NFC.

Zero2Cool
2019-11-18T00:42:26Z
Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

You really missed the point.

THERE ARE NEVER EVER ANY EASY WINS IN THE NFL!

It is ONE game of SIXTEEN!

Win or lose IT IS NOT GOING TO MAKE OR BREAK THE SEASON!

Are The 49r's elite?

Doesn't matter right now

Very true. Cannot control who you play or when you play them. You can only control HOW you play the game. Any. Given. Sunday.

2019-11-18T00:53:52Z
unless the Packers figure out how to tackle and get rid of all these offensive penalties( delay of game and false starts).......they could be one and done