Zero2Cool
4 years ago

Yep you told us so.
One game in sixteen.

Sure am glad Aaron and some of the other vets don't share your opinion.

This game DOES NOT DEFINE THE PACKERS SEASON.

Plenty of games left. The Packers will be favored in 4 of the last 5 games.

They are looking at 12-4, maybe 13-3.

Thats gonna put them somewhere in the playoff picture.

Anybody seriously going to say they EXPECTED THE PACKERS TO BE IN THIS POSITION at the beginning of the year?

You want to crown The 49r's after 11 games go ahead and crown them.

They may not even win their division!

But yea, you told us, might as well pack it in for the year.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Whoa, easy there tiger. I don't know what spurned KRK to think he had to say what he did, but no need to over react to his over reaction. Packers got beat by a better team. It happens. This is probably not our year and quite honestly, who thought it would be with a first year head coach? Getting to the playoffs is progress for this organization. Ride the waves, not create waves.

GO PACK GO!
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
Buckeye bemoaned:

One game in sixteen....

The problem is, it is a continuation of pattern of poor performance against teams with strong lines....Bears, Eagles, LAC, and SF. If/when we get to the playoffs (likely as a wildcard,) every team we could face has a strong DL. This does not bode well for if/when we make playoffs.

Anybody seriously going to say they EXPECTED THE PACKERS TO BE IN THIS POSITION at the beginning of the year?

I am THRILLED and HAPPY they are 8-3. IMO their record overstates their performance, per the previous post.

Nevertheless, the goal is to win a Super Bowl, not win the division or make the playoffs. IMO we need significant talent upgrades to get to a Super Bowl level.

One can be a fan, and still remain objective.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

From 9 days ago:I told you so.

We do not have the talent on the offensive and interior defensive lines or ILB to compete with elite teams.

I am also wonder why our coaches can't recognize and address obvious deficiencies in play. Is our talent pool that bad?

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Predicting the Packers to lose this game wasn't difficult. Several of us did, lol. As for a team getting its ass kicked and losing a LT, QB or DE causing panic, again, what team would not be panicked? I'll hang up and take your answer off air.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
ZTC zaid:

As for a team getting its ass kicked and losing a LT, QB or DE causing panic, again, what team would not be panicked?

San Francisco, for one.

They have had a back up tackle playing for an all-pro for several weeks. They had been playing without their best offensive weapon for weeks.

We crap ourselves when we loose a RT.

But the larger point is that we don't seem to be able to compete with team with strong lines.
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

ZTC zaid: San Francisco, for one.

They have had a back up tackle playing for an all-pro for several weeks. They had been playing without their best offensive weapon for weeks.

We crap ourselves when we loose a RT.

But the larger point is that we don't seem to be able to compete with team with strong lines.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Nah, we crapped our pants way before the RT went out.

I read a comment that our OL is more finesse than punishing. I think that is true.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
4 years ago

Very concerned. The Chargers loss I can dismiss, but if you cannot get up to play against the best record in your conference -- Lucy, you've got some 'splaining to do!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

The most frustrating thing about the loss was they were coming off their bye. They had 2 weeks to get ready and failed. They were not in the game from the get go. SF was amped up and ready for the challenge but not GB. That was on both sides of the ball all game long. The defense did have a few solid plays but, like usual, could not sustain it.

I realize it's probably in the CBA but why the players can't practice during the bye week is annoying. Instead of taking off and going home they should stay and work on a scheme that the next opponent would not be prepared for.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
4 years ago

Whoa, easy there tiger. I don't know what spurned KRK to think he had to say what he did, but no need to over react to his over reaction. Packers got beat by a better team. It happens. This is probably not our year and quite honestly, who thought it would be with a first year head coach? Getting to the playoffs is progress for this organization. Ride the waves, not create waves.

GO PACK GO!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Screw this Zero.

So tired of guys on here just waiting for a bad showing so they can throw out the ole "I told you so" .

I can see why so many of the older members no longer come around here

The negativity is bullshit.

The Packers lose and all of a sudden they are the 2017 Browns.

They win and it is all luck .

What it is IS THE NFL!

This was One Fucking game!

Move on and learn.

How about we wait for about 5 more weeks before burying The Packers..

I still say they will be the #1 seed, #2 at the worst .

To some the seasons over, nothing left to do except hang around till the next loss so they can say "I told you so"

#bullshititildyousofans!!

L

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

Screw this Zero.

So tired of guys on here just waiting for a bad showing so they can throw out the ole "I told you so" .

I can see why so many of the older members no longer come around here

The negativity is bullshit.

The Packers lose and all of a sudden they are the 2017 Browns.

They win and it is all luck .

What it is IS THE NFL!

This was One Fucking game!

Move on and learn.

How about we wait for about 5 more weeks before burying The Packers..

I still say they will be the #1 seed, #2 at the worst .

To some the seasons over, nothing left to do except hang around till the next loss so they can say "I told you so"

#bullshititildyousofans!!

L

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Ignore them.

This wasn't just one game though. This game was nearly identical to the Chargers game. Two of the last three games is a reason for concern. We've come out completely flat twice in three games. I am quite concerned. And this was after a good practice.

As for people who like to gloat about their team failing which meet their negative predictions -- just ignore them. They aren't aren't less of a fan or more of a fan or unbiased or even objective. It's their way of handling things and not getting their hopes up. It's just a coping mechanism. Nothing more so we're better off ignoring it and just letting them say their piece while providing constructive feedback.

We're all different.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
Buckeye, I admire your optimism, and hope you are right.

Like you, I want them to win the Super Bowl. Like you, I am happy that they are 8-3. I hope they can win a few of their remaining games and win their division. If so, then we would like host one of the West Coast Teams.

But it NOT just one game...it is the pattern of piss poor performance against teams with strong lines...and team we are likely to face in the playoff, and to win are division are very poor match-ups for us.

Further, fans who are critical of the team and/or the performance doesn't make them any less of fans than those who has unbridled optimism.

Some people are glass half full people. Some are glass half empty.

I like to think I am a "glass at 50% capacity" person. I am not going just wave the pom poms and drink the Kool-Aid
Cheesey
4 years ago
I love the Packers.
That said, I can’t ignore what I see.
As I stated before, we beat lousy teams, fight well against average teams, and can’t seem to even contend against great teams.
That doesn’t bode well as far as in the playoffs.
No matter what, they are my team, and I never will jump ship, no matter how they do.
I remained a loyal fan through the 1970s and 80s. I sure as heck won’t give up on them now.
I would like to see at least one more super bowl win before I die.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (9h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.