Discussion Board
Zero2Cool
This would be interesting. Flip it for a couple 1st rounders after he plays well in the preseason. I wouldn't want him long-term because I think all the injuries he's had at such a young age will catch up with him.
wpr
WUT???

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
I never even heard of the guy.
KRK
Couldn't agree more with Zero...to small and injury prone
buckeyepackfan
Just guessing, there would probably be a pretty good trade offer from a team in need of a qb for Gutey to consider.
In reality, he probably won't last that long on the board.
The Packers at worst will be drafting 20-25. Hopefully it will be 29-32, preferably 32.😁

He will probably go top 15.

Anyway Aaron Rodgers' replacement is still playing High School Football.
gbguy20
Before injury this dude was number 1
KRK
GBGuy gasped:
Quote:

• Before he hurt his knee RGIII was the MVP
  • Before my car was in an accident, it was terrific
  • Before the hurricane, the Bahamas were a great place to visit
  • Before I lost my hair and gained 30 pounds I was decent looking (...well...less ugly anyway).
dhazer
before 2013 Rodgers was an elite qb lol, did anyone see the fox pre show and how they mentioned the pure pocket passer has gone the way of the big man in basketball. If I was a gm I would invest most of my cap on defense because everyone knows defense wins championships.
beast
Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

A number of people thought he had already lost the #1 to the LSU QB before the injury.

Also it's hard to properly evaluate a player on a stacked team, see Matt Leinart and most of the over hyped Bama QBs that have come out in recent years. The hype is better than the talent...

Don't get me wrong, this guys had the physical potential to possible be the exception... but it still wasn't clear how he'd do on teams with equal talents.
blueleopard
Originally Posted by: KRK 

Couldn't agree more with Zero...to small and injury prone

So he's Russell Wilson.

Get off the "too small" to play QB shit, guys. If he's good, he's good.
wpr
Originally Posted by: blueleopard 

So he's Russell Wilson.

Doug Flutie raised his hand to object but you didn't see it. He then realized that you said "if he's good, he's good" so he put his hand down and slinked away.
Zero2Cool
Originally Posted by: blueleopard 

So he's Russell Wilson.

I don't know about his size. I actually haven't watched him play at all other than highlights. What I have heard was a listing of his injuries and that alone spooked me. Especially the one about his hip and him saying "I don't think I'd be the same again because there's like metal in here, you know?" Tagovailoa said. "I lose some rotation inward, so I won't be able to twist as much inward and whatnot. I wouldn't need that as much. When you're running, you're almost always opening up your hip. From what the doctors say, they expect a full recovery and I'll be able to go out there and play football again at 100 percent, it's just I won't be able to rotate it internally the same way."

From what I just looked up, he's 6'1" and am not sure that is too small. It's not like he's 5'9" or something.
KRK
Blue Leopard Berated:
Quote:

No, I wont get off the "too small" stuff.

You wouldn't draft an interior defensive lineman who is 250 lbs....he is too skinny.

You wouldn't draft a wide out who runs a 4.9 40 (although, I have to confess, it looks like that's what ours run)...he's too slow.

I like big quarterbacks with big hands (Wilson, btw has HUGE hands). I prefer QB's with the Daniel Jones, Josh Allen size who have demonstrated they can play. THEY CAN SEE THE FIELD BETTER, ESPECIALLY OVER THE LINEMEN THEY WILL BE DEALING WITH AT THE NEXT LEVEL.

As for Tua, he has demonstrated he can play, but he also demonstrated he gets injured and he fumbles. IMO at this point, he is not a first round pick. Further, from what I have heard, he may come back another year because people are telling him that.

This kid is good, but with all of our needs, I would not take him in the first round...HE IS TOO SMALL. I wouldn't have taken Murray either....to small and likely to get smushed.
beast
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

From what I just looked up, he's 6'1" and am not sure that is too small. It's not like he's 5'9" or something.

No it's not, the NFL is actually trending towards more mobile QBs which means they're actually getting smaller.

But before this even happened, they had a number of 6'2" QBs, including Favre and Rodgers... 6'1" literally isn't that far off...

And you for guys like Brees, Wilson and now Kyler Murry whom are all 6' or under... and doing well (Murry is doing well for a rookie on a horrible team talent wise).

Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
Nonstopdrivel (12h) : Our newest member, ammy_flynn, looks like a spambot.
Nonstopdrivel (14h) : Ich bin nicht, was mir passiert ist, ich bin, was ich mich entscheide, zu werden. --Carl Gustav Jung
gbguy20 (18h) : sounds like they should have never been allowed to take off in the fist place too. and it took multiple mitakes by the pilot to allow this to happen
gbguy20 (18h) : yeah :(
Zero2Cool (22h) : Shit. Latest report I read sure sounds like they knew. Dammit.
TheKanataThrilla (27-Jan) : Looks like the Chargers will not be re-signing Rivers.
Zero2Cool (27-Jan) : Oops, my bad. I wasn't trying to be technical there. I guess when I hear Mountains I think of what I saw while living in Colorado.
gbguy20 (27-Jan) : it's being called mountains but you're right its more like hills by my definition
Zero2Cool (27-Jan) : The crash site looks like it's without mountains. Sure hope it was instant though.
gbguy20 (27-Jan) : hearing that I assume everyone died instantly and had no idea it was even coming.
gbguy20 (27-Jan) : flew into the mountain at 185mph at 1700 feet while struggling to navigate in the fog.
gbguy20 (27-Jan) : "heavy fog caused issues during flight" tmz
gbguy20 (27-Jan) : probably be a while before anything official
gbguy20 (27-Jan) : "locals heard engine sputtering before crash." it was also a very foggy morning.
Mucky Tundra (27-Jan) : Have they determined the cause of the crash yet?
Zero2Cool (26-Jan) : helicopter crash that also claimed the lives of Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna.
Zero2Cool (26-Jan) : @WhitecapsCCBL We are heartbroken and shocked to learn that our former head coach, John Altobelli along with his wife Keri and daughter Alyssa passed away this morning in the helicopter crash that als
Nonstopdrivel (26-Jan) : Helicopters don't glide like planes -- they plummet like rocks -- so it's possible it was all over before anyone but the pilot realized what was about to happen.
Zero2Cool (26-Jan) : @brianstelter Sheriff says 9 people, not 5, died in today's helicopter crash in Calabasas. The helicopter belonged to Kobe Bryant.
Zero2Cool (26-Jan) : And you are essentially helpless. It might have been a second, two minutes, either way, it's a pain that is unimaginable for me.
Zero2Cool (26-Jan) : As a father, I can't imagine the feeling of knowing you and your daughter are about to die.
Nonstopdrivel (26-Jan) : Kind of a jarring note in the middle of an article.
Nonstopdrivel (26-Jan) : "The Times is offering coverage of Kobe Bryant’s death for free today. Please consider a subscription to support our journalism."
gbguy20 (26-Jan) : my favorite nba player ever. even better guy. this is horrible.
Zero2Cool (26-Jan) : @wojespn Sources: Kobe Bryant was on his way to a travel basketball game with his daughter Gianna when the helicopter crashed. Those aboard the helicopter also included another player and parent.
Zero2Cool (26-Jan) : Kobe Bryant has died.
Zero2Cool (26-Jan) : btw, my comment was not inferring Rodgers was accurate this year, he wasn't, just stating the raw stat is misleading
Zero2Cool (26-Jan) : Drew Brees is amazing. Over 74%!!
Zero2Cool (26-Jan) : such a misleading stat, especially when it factors people who didn't complete it 200 times lol
gbguy20 (26-Jan) : elite
Nonstopdrivel (26-Jan) : Rodgers finished 21st in completion percentage this year. Ouch.
gbguy20 (25-Jan) : i just said that
beast (25-Jan) : Panthers are expected to sign the Packers DB coach away according to PFT
gbguy20 (25-Jan) : hey hopefully his replacement can get some damn deelopment out of jaire and kevin king.
gbguy20 (25-Jan) : packers DB coach is leaving to join the carolina panthers coaching staff.
Zero2Cool (24-Jan) : @mattschneidman Gutekunst said Packers weighed adding an "explosive offensive player" at trade deadline but worthy options simply weren't there.
Zero2Cool (24-Jan) : @zachkruse2 Brian Gutekunst said the Packers have to "take a long look at inside linebacker" this offseason
Zero2Cool (24-Jan) : @TomSilverstein Gutekunst said he's from the Ron Wolf school of player acquisition and that means if there's a quarterback they like and think can be a starter in the league, they won't hesitate to ob
Zero2Cool (23-Jan) : Vikings make Gary Kubiak offensive coordinator
Zero2Cool (23-Jan) : I wouldn't mind Robbie Anderson
gbguy20 (23-Jan) : i want mike lafleur
gbguy20 (23-Jan) : yeah that seemed promising as well. i know much less about him.
beast (23-Jan) : I'm thinking we sign the Jets WR that we looked into trade for
gbguy20 (22-Jan) : peter bukowski says we should trade for Robert Woods. i like that idea.
gbguy20 (22-Jan) : on its face those numbers sound terrible. though i wonder what our situation comes out to
gbguy20 (22-Jan) : will be available in FA. lets get him.
gbguy20 (22-Jan) : the coeboys have 110 mil invested in 9 players next year. none of them are named dak, cooper or jones. add the 30+ expected for dak and it comes to 78% of the expected cap. im assuming cooper will ve
Zero2Cool (22-Jan) : Sad ... Mr. Peanut.
Nonstopdrivel (22-Jan) : I've been joking for years that they should give something like this a try, but I never thought I'd see it happen.
Nonstopdrivel (22-Jan) : Holy shit, NFL is adapting a rule from rugby for the Pro Bowl.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2019 Packers Schedule
Thursday, Sep 5 @ 7:20 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
BRONCOS
Thursday, Sep 26 @ 7:20 PM
EAGLES
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Cowboys
Monday, Oct 14 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
RAIDERS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 7:20 PM
Chiefs
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
Chargers
Sunday, Nov 10 @ 3:25 PM
PANTHERS
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Dec 1 @ 12:00 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 8 @ 12:00 PM
REDSKINS
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 12:00 PM
BEARS
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

8h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Around The NFL / Nonstopdrivel

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13h / Around The NFL / Nonstopdrivel

17h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

18h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Nonstopdrivel

27-Jan / Green Bay Packers Talk / gbguy20

27-Jan / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

27-Jan / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

26-Jan / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Jan / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88

26-Jan / Green Bay Packers Talk / warhawk

26-Jan / Random Babble / KRK

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2020 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.