KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
4 years ago
All,

Today, is a the anniversary of a very significant day in my life, 11/27/05. It is one of the things that has happened in my life that has either led me to, or reinforced my faith, so I thought I would share it.

We were driving back from Wisconsin Dells, south in to Illinois on I 90, west of Rockford. I was driving a Chevy Tahoe with my wife riding shotgun, my step-daughters in the back seat, and my son in the 'way back'.

I was probably going to fast for conditions. We hit some black ice and I lost control. We went off the road, down and embankment. As we reached the bottom of the embankment, our right front bumper, hit the embankment and we flipped twice ass-over-front twice. We then rolled about 8 times until we came to rest approximately 40-50 yards off the road.

All of the windows were smashed out. None of the airbags deployed (thanks Chevy). I looked over at my wife....not a scratch on her. I looked at my daughters in the back seat, not a scratch. I yelled back to my son....but he was not there. I went into a panic.

I knew that 80% of the people thrown from cars don't make it, and those that do can be really messed up.

I got out of the car and looked on top or bottom, in case I had run him over. I was screaming his name in desperation.

Then about 10 yards off of the highway, some people were yelling to us. Some great people had stopped to help. My son was apparently thrown out of the car about 15 feet in the air over the car as we had begun to flip. He landed on the embankment with only a broken fibula. He looked up at me and waived.

I truly believe the providential hand of God protected me and my family that day. Why He should have rescued my family from calamity is beyond me....I certainly did not and do not deserve it. It was only by His grace and mercy.

So I thought I would share with you all today. I know some of you, and your friends and family, are going through some hard times and I wish you weren't. But I posted this because I believe God can do miracles in peoples' (even highly flawed people like me) lives.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving...and for those of us who believe...Praise God from Whom all Blessings flow.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Cheesey
4 years ago
KRK, how old were your kids when this happened?
I read it to my wife, and she wanted to know.
The way you handled it says a lot about you.
Someone else might have cursed God, saying “how could YOU allow me to get in such a serious accident???” Or “you let my son get hurt?”
But you gave God the glory, for allowing all of you to survive.
That’s REAL faith!
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
4 years ago
My kids were all 15 at the time. My daughters (actually step-daughters) are twins and my son is just 6 months older.

They all thought I was mean by making go to school the next day.
Cheesey
4 years ago
Man....are you MEAN!!!🤣
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
4 years ago
Thank you for sharing this.
Stressful tragic events will either draw us closer to the Lord or push us away. The choice is ours.
West of Rockford. You weren't very far from me.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
4 years ago
Cool!!! I didn't know you were a flat-lander.

I forgot to tell a funny postscript to the story...why I think the press is full of manure...

A day or two after, they had our names in the paper. My son's last name is the same as mine and a somewhat unusual name to bout (probably 1/100,000 people have it).

The paper said, "It is not known whether Will Kppppp and Kevin Kppppp are related."

I thought, "REALLY!!! No they are Not related, he just picked up a 15 year old hitchhiker with the same unusual last name!!"

[Note to Z2C, that would have been in the sarcastic font]
Cheesey
4 years ago

The paper said, "It is not known whether Will Kppppp and Kevin Kppppp are related."
i]

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Your last name is Kayfivepeas!?!?
😂 🤣 😂
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
4 years ago
Funny KRK.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago
That is a pretty wicked crash! Glad you all made it out alive and were able to fully recover.

A few winters ago we had a wicked storm. I was driving from Green Bay to Appleton to meet up with someone. This all happened in a matter of seconds. I was on 41 South and saw cars going around a corner really fast. I was confused why I saw two or three taillights zip around a corner because the highway was straight. As I kept driving, I realized it was a SUV rolling over on the frontage road. I was glad to see someone was pulling up to help them. Pretty surreal scene though.

UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
4 years ago
Yeesh!!!!! In those situations, it's hard to know what to do. Sometimes, by the time your realize what is happening, and if it is crowded, its too late to turn around and help as doing so would cause another accident.

I guess there was a 80+ car pile-up last year in December. A combination of fog and ice IIRC. Scary stuff, especially with smaller cars.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (1h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (4h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (5h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (15h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (22h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (23h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.