Zero2Cool
4 years ago
At the cost of not giving the other team the ball!

It's no secret right now that Packers QB Aaron Rodgers is just not playing up to his full potential. While one obvious reason is that he just does not have the top-talent wide receivers at his disposal as he did in the past with the likes of Jordy Nelson or Donald Driver, etc. Another is [...]
The post Aaron Rodgers Has Only Thrown Two Interceptions This Season, But At What Cost? appeared first on Total Packers.

Continue Reading @ TotalPackers 

TotalPackers wrote:

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
4 years ago
So....not throwing INTs is bad???
Who knows how many losses Rodgers has prevented because he was careful with the ball.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
4 years ago
You are not going to change Rodgers at this point in his career.
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
4 years ago

So....not throwing INTs is bad???
Who knows how many losses Rodgers has prevented because he was careful with the ball.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Not throwing INTs is good, but avoiding throwing contested balls and the middle of the field for fear of an INT results in more punts. How good is that?

Cheesey
4 years ago

Not throwing INTs is good, but avoiding throwing contested balls and the middle of the field for fear of an INT results in more punts. How good is that?

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

If WRs aren’t getting open, what’s the guy supposed to do? Guys like Jordy, DD, Randal Cobb and so on, could get open. The current guys other then Adams, can’t seem to get separation. So it’s either take a sack or throw it away.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
4 years ago
Watch the game film and guys are running open all over the damn place. Tired of this excuse.
Porforis
4 years ago

Watch the game film and guys are running open all over the damn place. Tired of this excuse.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

I do for maybe a quarter of the games, and unless your definition of "running open all over the damn place" is "On any given play, one of the receivers is reasonably open (as defined by having at least a two feet of separation from a defender, with no defender in a passing lane) for ~70% of the time between 1 second after snap and when rodgers unleashes the ball and takes a sack", "Aaron Rodgers has a completion percentage of 64.4% on the year" is "guys are running open all over the damn place" is an "excuse", not sure what precisely you're trying to get at here.

Or maybe I'm just looking at the wrong games.
leocat99
4 years ago
Rodgers is in a mindset that he is still playing with Jordy in 2011. He thinks he's going to see a wide open Jordy running free deep down the field. Those days are gone. MVS is no Jordy and Allison is no James Jones. Adams is a reasonable Jennings.

It's like the Zombies song, she's not there.

Well, let me tell you 'bout the way he looked
The way Jordy ran lighter than air
Rodgers voice was loud and cool, his eyes were clear and bright
But Jordy's not there.

Throw a damn check down to a RB every now and then Aaron!
leocat99
4 years ago
Here is a picture from last week of guys running all over the place. Three receivers open including Lazard deep down the middle. This was the play where Rodgers improvised, stepped up in the pocket instead of releasing the ball, then got sacked for 3 yards.

3 open.PNG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
Leocat99 please see post #8 of "Film reviewer says Rodgers had bad game".

You can't take a snapshot in time and say "see the guy is wide open." You have to factor in:[list][*]What is happening in the backfield at the time the ball would have had to have been delivered to get the ball to that receiver, i.e. could the be have been delivered?[*]Was another course of action already chosen?[*]Should the ball be thrown at the time of the picture, where would the receiver be when the ball got there (it is not instantaneous)?[*]Where would defenders be at the time the ball would get to the receiver? [/list]IMO, the ball could have been, and should have been, delivered, but, IMO, NOT BECAUSE HE WASN'T WORKING THE SYSTEM, it was because of pocket positioning and footwork. Rodgers was in the wrong spot to have to have been able to make those choices.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (2h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

19h / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.