Discussion Board
Zero2Cool
At the cost of not giving the other team the ball!
TotalPackers wrote:

It's no secret right now that Packers QB Aaron Rodgers is just not playing up to his full potential. While one obvious reason is that he just does not have the top-talent wide receivers at his disposal as he did in the past with the likes of Jordy Nelson or Donald Driver, etc. Another is [...]
The post Aaron Rodgers Has Only Thrown Two Interceptions This Season, But At What Cost? appeared first on Total Packers.

Continue Reading @ TotalPackers 

Cheesey
So....not throwing INTs is bad???
Who knows how many losses Rodgers has prevented because he was careful with the ball.
wpr
You are not going to change Rodgers at this point in his career.
TheKanataThrilla
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

So....not throwing INTs is bad???
Who knows how many losses Rodgers has prevented because he was careful with the ball.

Not throwing INTs is good, but avoiding throwing contested balls and the middle of the field for fear of an INT results in more punts. How good is that?

Cheesey
Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

Not throwing INTs is good, but avoiding throwing contested balls and the middle of the field for fear of an INT results in more punts. How good is that?

If WRs aren’t getting open, what’s the guy supposed to do? Guys like Jordy, DD, Randal Cobb and so on, could get open. The current guys other then Adams, can’t seem to get separation. So it’s either take a sack or throw it away.
gbguy20
Watch the game film and guys are running open all over the damn place. Tired of this excuse.
Porforis
Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Watch the game film and guys are running open all over the damn place. Tired of this excuse.

I do for maybe a quarter of the games, and unless your definition of "running open all over the damn place" is "On any given play, one of the receivers is reasonably open (as defined by having at least a two feet of separation from a defender, with no defender in a passing lane) for ~70% of the time between 1 second after snap and when rodgers unleashes the ball and takes a sack", "Aaron Rodgers has a completion percentage of 64.4% on the year" is "guys are running open all over the damn place" is an "excuse", not sure what precisely you're trying to get at here.

Or maybe I'm just looking at the wrong games.
leocat99
Rodgers is in a mindset that he is still playing with Jordy in 2011. He thinks he's going to see a wide open Jordy running free deep down the field. Those days are gone. MVS is no Jordy and Allison is no James Jones. Adams is a reasonable Jennings.

It's like the Zombies song, she's not there.

Well, let me tell you 'bout the way he looked
The way Jordy ran lighter than air
Rodgers voice was loud and cool, his eyes were clear and bright
But Jordy's not there.

Throw a damn check down to a RB every now and then Aaron!
leocat99
Here is a picture from last week of guys running all over the place. Three receivers open including Lazard deep down the middle. This was the play where Rodgers improvised, stepped up in the pocket instead of releasing the ball, then got sacked for 3 yards.

3 open.PNG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
KRK
Leocat99 please see post #8 of "Film reviewer says Rodgers had bad game".

You can't take a snapshot in time and say "see the guy is wide open." You have to factor in:
  • What is happening in the backfield at the time the ball would have had to have been delivered to get the ball to that receiver, i.e. could the be have been delivered?
  • Was another course of action already chosen?
  • Should the ball be thrown at the time of the picture, where would the receiver be when the ball got there (it is not instantaneous)?
  • Where would defenders be at the time the ball would get to the receiver?
IMO, the ball could have been, and should have been, delivered, but, IMO, NOT BECAUSE HE WASN'T WORKING THE SYSTEM, it was because of pocket positioning and footwork. Rodgers was in the wrong spot to have to have been able to make those choices.
wpr
Originally Posted by: leocat99 

Rodgers is in a mindset that he is still playing with Jordy in 2011. He thinks he's going to see a wide open Jordy running free deep down the field. Those days are gone. MVS is no Jordy and Allison is no James Jones. Adams is a reasonable Jennings.

It's like the Zombies song, she's not there.

Well, let me tell you 'bout the way he looked
The way Jordy ran lighter than air
Rodgers voice was loud and cool, his eyes were clear and bright
But Jordy's not there.

Throw a damn check down to a RB every now and then Aaron!

Good job working in the Zombies reference.

Oh, and welcome.
warhawk
I am holding out hope that Matt LaFleur is holding out on some no-huddle until now. The Bears would fall over and faint if we ran the ball for five yards and charged up to the line with their run defense on the field or at least mumbling something about how Aaron Rodgers NEVER hikes the ball until there is 0.1 seconds on the clock.
If AJ makes a solid run on 1st down and they go straight to the line with him lined up outside or even coming out of the backfield you can't tell me there won't be a mismatch out there somewhere.Plus Aaron Rodgers seems to get into a flow of quick passes to several different WR's when they go fast. Something everyone here wants to see.
Why this hasn't been a component of the offense is a true mystery to me.