KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
I am not sure how after watching how we got the everloving shit kicked our of our interior defensive line, anyone could be talking about wide receiver with our first round pick....perhaps after the Gary pick, we don't have faith in Gutey to pick an ass-kicker on the DL...lets pick the biggest meanest dude we can.

https://nflmocks.com/2019/11/18/2020-nfl-draft-top-10-defensive-linemen/ 
"The 2020 interior defensive line class isn’t particularly deep, but the talent at the top is outstanding. Auburn’s Derrick Brown has been a menace to SEC offenses all year, Javon Kinlaw has become one of the fastest rising players in the country since the start of 2019, and Marvin Wilson has been a diamond in the rough of an ugly FSU season."
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
gbguy20
4 years ago
receivers traditionally last longer in the first round than dlineman....
isocleas2
4 years ago
1.) Tight end
2.) ILB
3.) Wide receiver
4.) Defensive tackle
5.) CB

Resign Bulaga, sign a few free agents with all that extra money.
PackerTraxx
4 years ago
Need/possibility
1. DL - almost no chance at top tier players, need to get lucky, Raekwon Davis from Alabama is rated 2nd round has interesting measureables at 6'7" 306#.
2. ILB - Kenneth Murray, Oklahoma and Troy Dye, Oregon are considered late 1st, early 2nd rd decent chance something works here.
3. WR - Deep draft so good possibility, different drafts are saying Tee Higgins, Henry Ruggs lll or Laviska Shenault in the 1st.
4. TE - Hard to find one that can help immediately, top ones are considered 2nd/3rd talent.
5. OL - Another Elgton Jenkins type player in the 2nd/3rd round would be nice.

My preference would be a stud DL, but that would most likely cost the farm in choices. We should be able to get 2 and if we're lucky 3 players who can contribute if we draft well. Of course, nothing's certain as evidenced by our 12th pick last year.

Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago

Need/possibility
1. DL - almost no chance at top tier players, need to get lucky, Raekwon Davis from Alabama is rated 2nd round has interesting measureables at 6'7" 306#.

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx 

Why not trade up?

In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
beast
4 years ago

receivers traditionally last longer in the first round than dlineman....

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

True, and it has seemed like 1sr round WRs have either been elite or bust, not much in between.... where 2nd rounders have had done better on average with less busts (less elite too, but still good).

1.) Tight end
2.) ILB
3.) Wide receiver
4.) Defensive tackle
5.) CB

Resign Bulaga, sign a few free agents with all that extra money.

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

I think the Packers are going to think of TE as less of a need than Fans because of the 3rd rounder showed some Sparks I potential at times.

I have starter CB at the top of the list for defense, because it's the most important position and because the CBs couldn't hold up in man coverage, meaning the Safeties had to stay back and help...

Better coverage would free up the Safeties to blitz or help in the run defense, or cover for the ILB which helps free them up more.

5. OL - Another Elgton Jenkins type player in the 2nd/3rd round would be nice.

My preference would be a stud DL, but that would most likely cost the farm in choices. We should be able to get 2 and if we're lucky 3 players who can contribute if we draft well. Of course, nothing's certain as evidenced by our 12th pick last year.

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx 

Except we need an OT, not OG... (well yeah OG too, but we got younger options there, at OT there is no depth after the vets.

Yeah a stud DT could make that pass rush elite, which is why I was so disappointed with releasing Daniels, but he was banged up this year, so might have been a good move.

Why not trade up?

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Too many problem areas, not enough picks as it is!

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
4 years ago
At 30 it going to be more of a what not a who do they take.

WR is deep this year. I'd love another decent WR to pair with Tae but since it's a deep class can the Packers wait until the second round?
There is a shortage of OT and Edge rushers this year. If there is a rush on the few good ones will the teams ahead of GB reach and take a 2nd/3rd round player in the first round? It only takes 2 or 3 teams to do it for someone to fall to GB that should have been a top 20 pick.

Personally I want to stop the run. If they need to get another big ol fatty on the line next to Clark great. If there is an ILB available who can consistently attack the LOS and stuff the run then I'd like that too.

Shut down the other team and get the offense back on the field.
UserPostedImage
4 years ago
ILB, WR, and OT are my top priorities.

Jordyn Brooks would be a really nice grab in the 2nd or early 3rd (if we trade up/down).
beast
4 years ago

There is a shortage of OT and Edge rushers this year.

Personally I want to stop the run. If they need to get another big ol fatty on the line next to Clark great. If there is an ILB available who can consistently attack the LOS and stuff the run then I'd like that too.

Shut down the other team and get the offense back on the field.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

It starting to seem like there is a shortage of quality OL period in the NFL... as more and more teams struggle to find enough guys in recent years, even for OG.

DL could help, and I think one elite DT to go with Clark could make this front elite in terms of pass rushing.

But I also truely believe getting better coverage guys at CB and ILB will free up the Safeties to be used much more aggressively. Giving Pettine much more options including stacking the box and blitzing (including run blitzing more). But no way do you trust King or Martinez in single man coverage right now and so the Safeties had to play conservative too often and hoped the pass rush got there, which usually they did.

For the year, I think we had a tougher problem with the offense staying on the field, then the defense getting them on the field... some games the defense seemed to start to wear down as the offense struggled to mount long drives.

ILB, WR, and OT are my top priorities.

Jordyn Brooks would be a really nice grab in the 2nd or early 3rd (if we trade up/down).

Originally Posted by: TedThompsonsShades 

I could be totally wrong, but I'm expecting them to gave an ILB in FA.... of course that doesn't mean they don't then also draft one as well.

UserPostedImage
gbguy20
4 years ago
According to many coaches the biggest drop off in the league over the last 10 years has been offensive line play and it is mostly been blamed on the current CBA. With the drastically reduced amount of practices, it has most significantly impacted the offensive line. I think that is probably why there seems to be a shortage in quality players. They aren't given nearly as much opportunity to develop as they used to. So everyone just sucks all the time.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (14h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (15h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (16h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (19h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (21h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (21h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (21h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (22h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (22h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (23h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.