Discussion Board
Zero2Cool
2020-02-13T12:33:48Z
Would you sign Randall Cobb? I don't think he has the speed to be used how I would like our Slot WR to be used. Cobb had quickness, and was never a burner.

ESPN wrote:

The Packers likely will pick a receiver high in the draft. But their most glaring deficiency on offense was in the slot, and Cobb could be the answer.

Continue Reading @ ESPN 

KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2020-02-13T23:18:06Z
too old too slow...
couldn't get consistently open with and excellent OL in Dallas.

Pass
beast
2020-02-14T01:47:02Z
Trying the same thing and expecting different results is what again?

We over paid Cobb for years and he never lived up to the hype since his first contract... my buddy is a smart Eagles fan, said the the NFC East CBs have almost entirely sucked this year, the whole division, making their WRs stand out in terms of stats, when I was talking about the Redskins rookie WR that I wanted the Packers to draft.

Also this scheme normally does best when they're using large slot WRs, really more WR/TE hybrids, or straight up TEs... our 3rd round TE selection last year MIGHT be able to help a lot with that slot problem IF he develops like people are hoping he does. But a large target that can be big over the middle, run great routes and be physically in the run game.
Zero2Cool
2020-02-14T12:56:07Z
Originally Posted by: KRK 

too old too slow...

Pass

This reminds me of why I would like the NFL to have an annual combine of sorts. You get to see players from year to year progress or regress in speed, quickness and strength. At least from a static numerical standpoint.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2020-02-15T16:55:22Z
Zero zuggested
Quote:

This reminds me of why I would like the NFL to have an annual combine of sorts. You get to see players from year to year progress or regress in speed, quickness and strength. At least from a static numerical standpoint.

Great Idea...but veterans would never go for it.

You would think that with all the stats and tools available, someone could use film to calculate things like that...those numbers probably exist somewhere deep in the bowels of a hidden bunker, somewhere underneath a non-descript building.
yooperfan
2020-02-15T20:12:34Z

Zero zuggestedGreat Idea...but veterans would never go for it.

You would think that with all the stats and tools available, someone could use film to calculate things like that...those numbers probably exist somewhere deep in the bowels of a hidden bunker, somewhere underneath a non-descript building.

I agree this will never happen!
I also agree with KRK that those numbers exist "somewhere".

blueleopard
2020-03-16T06:14:18Z

too old too slow...

Pass

What? He had his best year since 2015 with a QB two grades below Aaron.

He's also 29.
go.pack.go.
2020-03-16T07:14:10Z
I’d like to have him back for the right price. I would also like to draft a receiver or two. He would be instant improvement over MVS, Allison, and Kumerow. And most importantly, he has chemistry with Rodgers.
Cheesey
2020-03-16T09:28:30Z
I wouldn’t mind having him back here, if the price was right.
As gopackgo said, he has chemistry with Rodgers.
But he probably will be wanting too much money to come back “home”.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2020-03-16T16:56:34Z
No thanks. I appreciate all Cobb has done for the Packers in the past. But with the depth at WR in this year's draft GB can get a younger, more affordable "Cobb" in a few weeks.
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
Cheesey (17h) : Thanks WPR!
wpr (17h) : "So... no blocking involved?" TJ Lang
Cheesey (19h) : Could one of you post what Lang said? I don’t “tweet”. Thanks!
Zero2Cool (19h) : 1. Goff- $36M and where is Rodgers 2020 cap hit? 10. Rodgers- $21.6M
Zero2Cool (19h) : TJ knocked that out of the park.
beast (19h) : TJ Lang made a great tweet about Jimmy Graham
Nonstopdrivel (19h) : Like I said: mofrackers overpaid.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Randall Cobb hasn't passed physical, hasn't signed contract
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : @FieldYates The Packers are expected to bring back RB/return man Tyler Ervin on a one-year deal. Ervin, who was acquired off of waivers mid-season in 2019, gave them a real boost in the return game
Cheesey (26-Mar) : You mean the “Peckers”?🤪
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : It's a new team. They gonna finish better than Packers :(
Cheesey (26-Mar) : “Cobwoys”???😂
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : I am not excited about the moves the Cobwoys have made.
Zero2Cool (24-Mar) : Panthers look to be adding WR Robby Anderson ... I wanted him in GB.
Zero2Cool (24-Mar) : Postpones Tokyo Olympics to 2021
Zero2Cool (23-Mar) : Tom Brady had interest in Colts but Colts didn't have interest in Tom Brady, via @peter_king
beast (22-Mar) : Also my friend (MEGA Eagles fan) said the NFC East division's CB largely sucked last year and the WRs in the division numbers exploded because of it
Mucky Tundra (22-Mar) : Fast turf to play on and not nearly as many cold weather games to slow him
Mucky Tundra (22-Mar) : Cobbs better off playing with a dome team down south at this point in his career
Zero2Cool (22-Mar) : Cardinals bringing back safety Chris Banjo
Cheesey (22-Mar) : I was kind of hoping Cobb would come back here. But way too much money at this point in his career.
Nonstopdrivel (22-Mar) : Houston way overpaid for Cobb. Three years, $27 million. Sheesh.
Cheesey (20-Mar) : Monica Lewinski just bought a Cowboys jersey. After all, she LOVES “Clinton-Dix”!!!😂
gbguy20 (20-Mar) : dix now with 4 teams in 2 years. 3 of which let him go. 2 one year contracts in a row. good player
Zero2Cool (20-Mar) : @Buccaneers · 12m Tom Brady is officially a Tampa Bay Buccaneer!
Zero2Cool (20-Mar) : @Schultz_Report Todd Gurley is signing with the #Falcons, per source.
Zero2Cool (20-Mar) : BREAKING: The Cowboys have signed safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix!
Nonstopdrivel (20-Mar) : The Bears will probably give lip service to Trubisky as the starter going forward, but you know full well they're yanking him and replacing him with Foles the moment he turns the ball over.
Mucky Tundra (20-Mar) : HaHa to the Pokes
Mucky Tundra (20-Mar) : packfanoutwest, who doesn't want to play for GB? I've seen both Eric Ebron and Robby Anderson make favorable comments towards GB Anderson
Mucky Tundra (20-Mar) : They clearly overvalued their own guys. Of the top 10 contracts on the Rams right now, 9 of them were drafted by the Rams and that's not including Gurleys salary
Mucky Tundra (20-Mar) : But outside of a few guys like Suh and Fowler, the Rams splashed those big contracts on the guys they drafted.
packerfanoutwest (20-Mar) : players
packerfanoutwest (20-Mar) : seems like a lot of platers don't want to play in Green Bay
packerfanoutwest (20-Mar) : seems like a lot of platers don't want to play in Green Bay
gbguy20 (20-Mar) : they never looked builtbfor the longterm in my opinion
gbguy20 (20-Mar) : hmm. when the rams signed all those big contracts over the last few years, it looked pretty clear to me they wete going all in with a very short window and that would be that.
Nonstopdrivel (19-Mar) : The was supposed to be "wpr," not "work."
Nonstopdrivel (19-Mar) : I'm a hiker, camper, and kayaker, work, not a swimmer. I hate cold water with a passion.
Mucky Tundra (19-Mar) : Seems hard to believe the mess the Rams are now. Two to three years ago they looked like a franchise that would dominate for the next decade and now nothing but questions
Mucky Tundra (19-Mar) : Brady signs with the Bucs and Payton tests positive for the coronavirus two days later. Coincidence? I think not!
Cheesey (19-Mar) : Matthews I can understand, but Gurley? Wow
Zero2Cool (19-Mar) : Saints’ HC Sean Payton tested positive for the coronavirus
Zero2Cool (19-Mar) : Rams doing some cutting!
Zero2Cool (19-Mar) : @RamsNFL · 9m We have released Clay Matthews.
Zero2Cool (19-Mar) : HOLY SHIT. Todd Gurley RELEASED
Mucky Tundra (19-Mar) : I would say that Branson, Missouri is a bigger tourist trap than Myrtle Beach
wpr (19-Mar) : And WATER!
Nonstopdrivel (19-Mar) : Plus there's no topography there. No hills, no mountains, nothing interesting. Just sand and trees.
Nonstopdrivel (19-Mar) : I just hate tourist traps, and Myrtle Beach is the ultimate tourist trap.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2019 Packers Schedule
Thursday, Sep 5 @ 7:20 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
BRONCOS
Thursday, Sep 26 @ 7:20 PM
EAGLES
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Cowboys
Monday, Oct 14 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
RAIDERS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 7:20 PM
Chiefs
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
Chargers
Sunday, Nov 10 @ 3:25 PM
PANTHERS
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Dec 1 @ 12:00 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 8 @ 12:00 PM
REDSKINS
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 12:00 PM
BEARS
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / KRK

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / KRK

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Random Babble / yooperfan

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

24-Mar / Around The NFL / wpr

23-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

23-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2020 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.