Discussion Board
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
2020-02-15T17:23:16Z
Cory from Cheesehead TV wrote:
Quote:

Marcus Mariota Will Fit At No. 2

By CoryJennerjohn How confident are you in Tim Boyle?

I mean, he's OK. He maintains status quo as the Packers' backup quarterback. He hasn't done anything to lose the job.

Then again, you don't lose the backup job unless you aren't as good as the next guy.

Now it's time to pivot to the starting guy. Aaron Rodgers is 36 and turns 37 in December. If he is out for more than three games, Boyle isn't the guy. I don't see him being able to sustain momentum and keep this team afloat.

Which is why, if the Packers should look to make a move in the offseason, Marcus Mariota makes sense. Mariota's final game as a starting quarterback for the Tennessee Titans was Oct. 13. He was benched because he was completing just 59 percent of his passes, averaged 196 yards a game and threw seven touchdowns and two picks.

Many may ask why it would make any sense to bring Mariota to Green Bay? Remember, he was the No. 2 overall pick in 2015. He needs to prove that getting benched and the Titans getting to the AFC title game with Ryan Tannehill isn't a defining mark on his legacy.

He's trying to prove that he can still be a franchise quarterback. And what better place than Green Bay behind one of the best passers in the game?

The toughest aspect will be money. Obviously Mariota will angle to get top dollar, but his value won't be nearly as high as he thinks. The Titans were supposed to be his team, but he failed and lost. Now it's time for him to build back his reputation.

General manager Brian Gutekunst will likely add a pass catcher, a defensive lineman and a tight end in the draft. He cannot forget about the most important position in sports.

The NFC will be very tough again next year. If Rodgers will be forced to miss any amount of time, the Packers are in deep trouble. Green Bay cannot afford to lose even one game because of injury. And yes, NFL starting players get hurt every year.

However, not all of them play quarterback.

This could be Mariota's last stand. It's time for the Packers to give him a shot.

At the right price, I think this is an excellent idea. LaFleur should know him, and he should know the offense...

thoughts?
yooperfan
2020-02-15T20:07:47Z
I'm not on the Marriota bandwagon, I thought he was overrated coming out.
I'm taking Boyle over Marriota based on what little I've seen of either one.
I just can't see pissing money away on a player who has already made more money than he was worth.
gbguy20
2020-02-15T23:00:21Z
we have no space to even consider this
beast
2020-02-18T04:23:53Z
Packers dud struggle against mobile QBs, and if dirt cheap, he could be a great practice QB for mobile QBs, and give the offense choices or what type of QB they wanted to start.

Also part of Mariota problems as starting QB was injuries and they build the entire offense around running the ball and he basically literally had no weapons... then between the injuries and lack of weapons got his head screwed up trying to do too much... a change of scenery might do wonders.

So at the right price, I'm not against it... but it'd have to be quite cheap...
blueleopard
2020-03-16T06:12:04Z
He's been in LaFleur's system and has playoff experience. If it's something we can afford, it's a no-brainer.
Cheesey
2020-03-16T09:30:58Z
I wouldn’t be against it, but I think his price will be too high.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2020-03-16T16:54:37Z
If they take him that would indicate that Gute feels he's got more short term ability and perhaps even long term potential than Boyle. I am all in favor of improving the depth at any position.
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (31-Jul) : Antonio Brown suspended eight games
Cheesey (31-Jul) : Let me look...no, all I have is Ryan Longwell and Chris Jacke’s Numbers. 🤪
Smokey (31-Jul) : Anyone know Sebastian Janakowskis phone number ?
beast (30-Jul) : Packers COVID-19 reserve list (so far) LB Greg Roberts PK Mason Crosby TE Jace Sternberger DT Treyvon Hester
Zero2Cool (29-Jul) : @TMZ_Sports NBA Says Zero New COVID-19 Positives Tests In NBA Bubble, 344 Players Tested
Zero2Cool (29-Jul) : Bears HC is right. But, that happens every year.
Zero2Cool (29-Jul) : @KRoseSharkey Nagy on rookies/younger players trying to make plays & impression without preseason and other opportunities: “With no preseason games there are players that are going to get cut that p
Cheesey (29-Jul) : They should give them the next week to make up their minds, play or sit out.
Smokey (29-Jul) : Players opting out provide better opportunity for other players, if there is an NFL season.
Zero2Cool (28-Jul) : #Packers WR Devin Funchess has opted out, source said.
Cheesey (28-Jul) : If enough guys opt out, there goes the season.
Zero2Cool (28-Jul) : @RapSheet Sources: #Bears standout DT Eddie Goldman has informed the team he plans to opt out due to health concerns related to COVID-19. Goldman has been a standout in the middle of Chicago’s D since
Zero2Cool (27-Jul) : @AdamSchefter Vikings’ head trainer and the team’s Infection Control Officer Eric Sugarman, along with members of his family, tested positive for COVID-19.
Cheesey (27-Jul) : It’s looking more and more like we won’t see any football this fall. JMO
Zero2Cool (27-Jul) : LET'S FOOKING GO!!
Zero2Cool (27-Jul) : The team's home opener against the Orioles tonight has been canceled.
Zero2Cool (27-Jul) : @SportsCenter Breaking: Eight more players and two Marlins coaches have tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total of cases to at least 14 in recent days sources told @JeffPassan and @JesseRoger
Cheesey (26-Jul) : My own reflection? That explains why he’s so handsome!😂
TheKanataThrilla (26-Jul) : Canadian Duvernay-Tardif, who has a medical degree, opts out of NFL season in order to continue front-line work.
Smokey (26-Jul) : That's just your reflection in your neighbors window.
Cheesey (25-Jul) : I try Zero....but my neighbor is kind of a putz.
Zero2Cool (25-Jul) : Be kind to your neighbors. We all do that, world is gooder.
Smokey (24-Jul) : No fantasy football for me this year. I'd feel I was adding fuel to a destructive fire.
rabidgopher04 (24-Jul) : @Smokey - yes
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Let's go Bucks!!!!
Smokey (23-Jul) : Has NFL Preseason been cancelled?
Cheesey (17-Jul) : Well...I wouldn’t doubt if the restart of the NBA gets scrapped.
Zero2Cool (17-Jul) : Bucks: Guard Eric Bledsoe reportedly tested positive for COVID-19
Zero2Cool (13-Jul) : @FieldYates Chargers S Roderick Teamer has been suspended for the first four games of the 2020 regular season, per source. He was one of the more productive undrafted rookie free agents in the NFL las
Zero2Cool (13-Jul) : Should have been drinking nano bubbles.
Zero2Cool (13-Jul) : @AdamSchefter Russell Westbrook tested positive for COVID-19.
Cheesey (10-Jul) : Really though, I’m not slow, not fast....kinda “half-fassed!”
Cheesey (10-Jul) : I’m so slow, it looks like I’m going the other direction!😁
Zero2Cool (10-Jul) : Happy Birthday, Alan! Your mother did all the work, you're stealing her thunder! :D
Zero2Cool (10-Jul) : I laughed and said to myself "bet he's slow as crap!" haha
Zero2Cool (10-Jul) : My dad and I play Madden. We are several seasons beyond 2019. One of the rookies was Alan Smith.
Cheesey (10-Jul) : Thanks WPR. I’m getting closer to the finish line.....thank God.
wpr (10-Jul) : happy birthday cheesey
Cheesey (10-Jul) : I did....2and a half times!🤪
Zero2Cool (10-Jul) : Enjoy being 25!!
Cheesey (9-Jul) : Well...guess I’ll say it myself....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
Mucky Tundra (9-Jul) : What I've always been mystified by is the amount of guests looking at threads from 4-9 years ago
Cheesey (7-Jul) : I don’t get it either, Zero. Maybe they figure they can slip by, as there’s no one there to notice them!😂
Zero2Cool (7-Jul) : How a site with low traffic attracts spammers is beyond me.
Zero2Cool (6-Jul) : One an half. 🤣
Cheesey (5-Jul) : BOTH of them?🤪😂
Zero2Cool (5-Jul) : Bills fans won't even notice a thing!
Cheesey (5-Jul) : I wish they would in force the law. It was like a war zone last night.
Cheesey (5-Jul) : Here’s something I don’t understand. It’s legal to buy fireworks here, but illegal to shoot them off.
Cheesey (5-Jul) : Hey Zero. How will the Buffalo Bills tell the difference from previous years?😂
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2020 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 13 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Sep 20 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Sep 27 @ 7:20 PM
Saints
Monday, Oct 5 @ 7:15 PM
FALCONS
Sunday, Oct 18 @ 3:25 PM
Buccaneers
Sunday, Oct 25 @ 12:00 PM
Texans
Sunday, Nov 1 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Thursday, Nov 5 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Nov 15 @ 12:00 PM
JAGUARS
Sunday, Nov 22 @ 12:00 PM
Colts
Sunday, Nov 29 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Dec 6 @ 3:25 PM
EAGLES
Sunday, Dec 13 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 20 @ 12:00 PM
PANTHERS
Sunday, Dec 27 @ 7:20 PM
TITANS
Sunday, Jan 3 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
1-Aug / Random Babble / wpr

1-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

1-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

31-Jul / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

30-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

30-Jul / Random Babble / Cheesey

29-Jul / Around The NFL / Cheesey

29-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

28-Jul / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

27-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2020 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.