Zero2Cool
3 years ago
There goes that tradition!
UserPostedImage
Smokey
3 years ago
As the Packers will be confining their TC activities to Lambeau Field and not residing at ST. Norbert College, where then will they be sleeping? I trust they can be fed at Lambeau just fine.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
I really don’t understand this. I mean, the team will be practicing together, why not keep them at the same place?
As was already said, where will they stay then? At hotels?
Just about any other place, they will be coming in contact with people other then their teammates.
Does that make any sense???
UserPostedImage
beast
3 years ago
Based on what's being said, I think NFL teams are making multiple plans as the NFL STILL doesn't have their plan together on what teams are and aren't allowed to do... so coaches are getting upset because they can't make firm plans until the NFL does that. Also considering the NFL usually announces something, and there are multiple different interpretations of what they're allowed to do, the NFL is already behind in explaining what's allowed.

Though what the Players Union wants sounds pretty clear, they want rosters to have a max of 80 players, and groups of no more than 20 players to be in any one spot at the same time, want them to be able to sleep at home (or at least not be mandatory hotels).

Which kind of sucks for the last 10 players whom think they're going to training camp but aren't... also I don't know if you can do groups of exactly 20. But you can certainly break the groups down (though I'm not quite sure what to do with the QBs)

How I think I'd break groups down into about 20 per group.

Based on current 90 man roster... 10 would have to be released to get to 80 man they suggested.
G1: Interior OL (10) & DL (8): 18 players
G2: OT (7) & OLBers (10): 17 players
G3: RBs (7) & FB (2) & ILBers (6): 15 players
G4: TEs (6) & S (7): 13 players
G5: QBs (4) & WRs (10), & CBs (10): 24 players
G6: STs only (3)

The biggest problem is timing and coaches, as only one group in one area at any one time. And do you have enough coaches where they don't have to go between groups, and can the coaches in the different groups can't be in the same area either. And do you have to clean the locker room after each group? Which is why some teams might be wanting to work in an area with multiple locker rooms.

G1 + G5 + G6 = 45 players one locker room, and G2 + G3 + G4 get the other. (or maybe just tell the STers to use Brett Favre's old side locker room area.... they're small enough group, maybe they can?)

Also problem with versatile players, like do you want to put RB Ervin with the RBs or WRs, as it seemed to me he was being used more like a decoy speed WR than a RB towards the end of the season. And might they want to try some of the OGs (Turner/Runyan) at OT.

Just throwing some ideas out there.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
Some guys can sleep at home.....but how many of the players don’t live in or around Green Bay? Especially the new guys.
So much still is up in the air it seems.
UserPostedImage
beast
3 years ago

Some guys can sleep at home.....but how many of the players don’t live in or around Green Bay? Especially the new guys.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Um, don't most of the players that don't live near there just rent apartments? That's their season home (unless they stay with someone else).
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago

Um, don't most of the players that don't live near there just rent apartments? That's their season home (unless they stay with someone else).

Originally Posted by: beast 

I’m talking about guys like free agents, or long shot late round guys that don’t know if they will make the team. Do they rent apartments? I don’t know. They usually stayed at the dorms, and now that obviously won’t happen.
UserPostedImage
beast
3 years ago

I’m talking about guys like free agents, or long shot late round guys that don’t know if they will make the team. Do they rent apartments? I don’t know. They usually stayed at the dorms, and now that obviously won’t happen.

Oh the low guys making it for the first time, good point.

Um, I'm not sure. But I could of sworn reading about 4 players renting an apartment and waiting around the apartment for cut/release day to see if they made it, but I can't remember who they were, so they might of been guys that made it the previous year (or practice squad), but they weren't locked players.

But maybe guys that have never made it, maybe they don't.

Interesting question.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
This has been such a screwball year. The virus has messed up every day life, and the things we use to escape from every day life, like sports.
St. Norbert’s made it somewhat easy for the new guys, as they had a guaranteed place to stay until they knew if they had a realistic chance of making the team. Now that’s one more thing they have to worry about. I’d rather they only have to worry about the playbook and their assignments.
Of course the way it’s going, there might not be a season to worry about.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

A lot of them bunk with teammates. It's how a lot of them build friendships that last a long time. I believe Chmura, Winters and Favre formed theirs in such a situation.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (3h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (13h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (20h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (21h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (22h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.