Discussion Board
Mucky Tundra
2020-07-08T09:44:44Z
 107020806_3483222528391077_8175587756722936250_o.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Since this is Dan Synder we're talking about here, I'm curious to see how he fucks it up.
Zero2Cool
2020-07-08T12:16:00Z
Originally Posted by: wpr 

If anyone still thought there was any chance whatsoever for Dan Snyder to hold out and keep the name, here's the coup de grâce. The name Redskins is gone. And it will be soon.

BBC 



I'm sure the owner will act like he's risen up to some epiphany and open up to the changing of the name.

My question is ... why now? Why now are places like Nike and FedEx taking such a hard stance? While the name of the team holds no value one way or another to me, I wonder if this is to distract from something else. Not sure what, but just feels odd that suddenly now this is massively outrage material.
Smokey
2020-07-08T14:04:35Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I'm sure the owner will act like he's risen up to some epiphany and open up to the changing of the name.

My question is ... why now? Why now are places like Nike and FedEx taking such a hard stance? While the name of the team holds no value one way or another to me, I wonder if this is to distract from something else. Not sure what, but just feels odd that suddenly now this is massively outrage material.



FedEX and Nike have only one prime concern, their profits. They would not care if the team name were the Drunken Bums as long as it aided their bottom line. However when their sponsorship of a team negatively affects their corporate goals, either a change would have to take place or they would terminate their association. All corporations see is how their profits benefit or suffer.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2020-07-08T17:25:21Z
Think of all the merchandising opportunities that come with a name change. Traditionalists wanting the old stuff before they can't get it. All the woke bunch wanting the new stuff.

Smokey nailed this one....all about the money.

Fedex and Nike don't give a rat's ass about Native Americans. Nike is too busy trying to figure out what slave labor to exploit next.
Cheesey
2020-07-08T18:13:32Z
Originally Posted by: Smokey 

FedEX and Nike have only one prime concern, their profits. They would not care if the team name were the Drunken Bums as long as it aided their bottom line. However when their sponsorship of a team negatively affects their corporate goals, either a change would have to take place or they would terminate their association. All corporations see is how their profits benefit or suffer.


“Drunken Bums” offends me!!!!
I INSIST you call them the “Alcoholic Underachievers”.....😂

I also heard that FedEx was going to buy out UPS.
Their new name is “FedUP”! 🤪

As you said, neither FedEx, and Nike don’t give a damn about the nickname. The ONLY reason they, and Target and other stores are jumping on the bandwagon is MONEY! And they think they can endear themselves with the “politically correct” bunch by doing it now. It’s makes them appear oh so thoughtful! When the “bottom line” is all they really cared about in the first place.
Smokey
2020-07-08T18:21:14Z
Originally Posted by: KRK 

Think of all the merchandising opportunities that come with a name change. Traditionalists wanting the old stuff before they can't get it. All the woke bunch wanting the new stuff.

Smokey nailed this one....all about the money.

Fedex and Nike don't give a rat's ass about Native Americans. Nike is too busy trying to figure out what slave labor to exploit next.



Most of the fan merchandise for sports teams is made outside of the United States. The labor may be cheap, but let's not call them slaves. Those workers are not the problem, it's the billionaire team owners paying ten dollars for jerseys and selling them here for one hundred fifty dollars here. Native Americans in Oklahoma would love to make such products, but the $40 to $50 a jersey cost can't compete. That's where trade laws could work to provide paying jobs for Americans.

There must be some legal problems holding up the expected name change. Each day lost = sales lost. Copyright rights may be in play with someone holding onto their claim for a big payday.
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
2020-07-09T00:30:46Z
Originally Posted by: wpr 

If anyone still thought there was any chance whatsoever for Dan Snyder to hold out and keep the name, here's the coup de grâce. The name Redskins is gone. And it will be soon.

BBC 


I love how all these retailers are coming out to take the moral stance AFTER the team signals they're (probably) going to be changing the name.
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
2020-07-09T00:38:10Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I'm sure the owner will act like he's risen up to some epiphany and open up to the changing of the name.

My question is ... why now? Why now are places like Nike and FedEx taking such a hard stance? While the name of the team holds no value one way or another to me, I wonder if this is to distract from something else. Not sure what, but just feels odd that suddenly now this is massively outrage material.


Nike has been pressuring companies for years on social stances and I think it smelled blood in the water, so they came harder

As for all the others (and blood in the water) I think it's largely to do with a very large number of high rolling financial investing groups came together on refusing to do business with companies that are supporting the Redskins such as FedEx.

And FedEx owner is a minority owner of the Redskins, and not all the minority others who aren't a Synder are trying to sell their sake in the company, as they're tired of dealing with Dan Synder, or tired of ignoring everything. It's has been strongly suggested that the minority owners have been feeling the pressure and been trying to pressure Synder into change and Synder has mostly been an absentee owner over recent years. Weather that's true or not, I don't know.
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
2020-07-09T00:58:57Z
Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

 107020806_3483222528391077_8175587756722936250_o.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Since this is Dan Synder we're talking about here, I'm curious to see how he fucks it up.



Actually that's something I've said, it might of been best to say the name must change once it changes ownerships, because based on his current history, Snyder will screw up any brand, and that's when you least want to start a new brand.

Of the people that didn't inherit their team from their parents, he seems like he might be the last guy you want running your brand, considering NFL fandom maps have been showing he's been losing fan territory for over a decade. And I don't think it has anything to do with the name, but how the brand is being run. Hell, even if the owners that inherit their team, he's still quite low (I might have Bengals owner lower).

Fan map
Mucky Tundra
2020-07-09T03:42:18Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

Actually that's something I've said, it might of been best to say the name must change once it changes ownerships, because based on his current history, Snyder will screw up any brand, and that's when you least want to start a new brand.

Of the people that didn't inherit their team from their parents, he seems like he might be the last guy you want running your brand, considering NFL fandom maps have been showing he's been losing fan territory for over a decade. And I don't think it has anything to do with the name, but how the brand is being run. Hell, even if the owners that inherit their team, he's still quite low (I might have Bengals owner lower).



It's almost per-ordained that Snyder will screw things up: The Cranky Redskins Fan's Guide to Dan Snyder 

Think that's a lot of fuck-ups and misfires? Look again at the date of the article: November 19, 2010!! That doesn't include anything from the past decade!!
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
2020-07-09T07:03:52Z
Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

It's almost per-ordained that Snyder will screw things up: The Cranky Redskins Fan's Guide to Dan Snyder 

Think that's a lot of fuck-ups and misfires? Look again at the date of the article: November 19, 2010!! That doesn't include anything from the past decade!!



I haven't even gotten a quarter way through it, and it's quite impressive.

Quote:

10: Amount Snyder charged fans for admission to the team’s workouts during the 2000 training camp at Redskins Park in Ashburn. He also charged another $10 to park, thereby becoming the first owner in NFL history to use team practice as a gouging mechanism.

They missed my favorite part of this story. Supposedly scouts are forbidden from watching other teams practices UNLESS they're charging money to watch, so when Snyder decided this, reportedly all the NFC East rivals had multiple scouts there daily!


Also the one and Snyder not understanding the cap, absolutely, for a while there, year after year after year, they were sign the most over hyped FA player, as if all they knew about football was what the hype was... and nothing about the actual football.

Also the one about firing Nov Turner... he was Ron Rivera offensive coordinator in Carolina... after a couple swings and misses for offensive coaches. I was surprised he didn't bring him with him, and Snyder firing him years ago, might explain it, of course it's Norv's son now as OC.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2020-07-09T20:44:32Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

Actually that's something I've said, it might of been best to say the name must change once it changes ownerships, because based on his current history, Snyder will screw up any brand, and that's when you least want to start a new brand.

Of the people that didn't inherit their team from their parents, he seems like he might be the last guy you want running your brand, considering NFL fandom maps have been showing he's been losing fan territory for over a decade. And I don't think it has anything to do with the name, but how the brand is being run. Hell, even if the owners that inherit their team, he's still quite low (I might have Bengals owner lower).

Fan map



The map is going to change in the next year or two. So Cal and Nevada will be different. The St Loius area is no longer following the rams. And as you pointed out Virginia is moving away from the DC team formerly known as the Redskins. (I wonder if they can use THAT moniker?)
Smokey
2020-07-09T23:38:14Z
Daniel Snyder, from what I've seen, owns his NFL Franchise because it is a good investment. He is like some other sports team owners that don;t care if his team wins or loses as long as the revenue stream does not dry up. He will change the team name, but is more concerned with the legal and marketing aspects rather than what any fans want. The current delay must be about copyright rights .

Washington Warriors
Cheesey
2020-07-11T17:52:26Z
FedEx threatens to take down signage at FedEx field.
Now...FedEx paid for the naming rights in 1999. I guess “Washington Redskins” name was just fine back then. So in 20 years it’s suddenly so horrible, they want to remove their name. They are under contract for 6 more years. Who would lose then if Snyder refuses to change the name? FedEx would still have to honor the contract and pay each year.
My point in this is: FedEx doesn’t give a damn about the Redskins name. It’s all about trying to look good to the politically correct group by jumping on the bandwagon. As was said earlier, it’s all about the money.
I would seriously like to know, how many native Americans really care about the name. Is it 50%, 5%, 1%?
As they say, the squeaky wheel gets the oil. So even if it’s a really low percentage, they can bully their way to get their way.
I really don’t care if the name is changed or not. It won’t affect my life either way. It’s just interesting to watch the ping pong match.
dyeah_gb
2020-07-12T02:27:34Z
Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Daniel Snyder, from what I've seen, owns his NFL Franchise because it is a good investment. He is like some other sports team owners that don;t care if his team wins or loses as long as the revenue stream does not dry up. He will change the team name, but is more concerned with the legal and marketing aspects rather than what any fans want. The current delay must be about copyright rights .

Washington Warriors



Are we sure that Warriors is not offensive to someone?
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
2020-07-12T02:57:05Z
Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb 

Are we sure that Warriors is not offensive to someone?



It probably is, but I think they're getting away from the American Indians, so if they go Warriors, might be American soldiers.

Redwolves has also become popular with the fans.

I'm not sure if I should take this serious, but one Twitter pert is claiming that Yahoo's Charles Robinson said the name change is supposed to happen in the next couple of days.
Cheesey
2020-07-13T05:10:35Z
The new name is in!!!!!

The Washington Foreskins!!!


🤪😂
Zero2Cool
2020-07-13T12:14:25Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

It probably is, but I think they're getting away from the American Indians, so if they go Warriors, might be American soldiers.

Redwolves has also become popular with the fans.

I'm not sure if I should take this serious, but one Twitter pert is claiming that Yahoo's Charles Robinson said the name change is supposed to happen in the next couple of days.



If Warriors is offensive, how can it be the name of the Golden State NBA team without a peep? Is there a difference?

And today is not the announcing of a new name. It is announcing that Redskins is no longer going to be used for the Washington football club. At least, that's how I've read everything being thrown out there about this topic.

It's a good year to have a new nickname. It seems many teams changed their uniforms, so why not change your whole nickname!!


Anyone read this article? Some tidbits I didn't know.
https://406mtsports.com/...8-8d86-d5c713ee3997.html 
Zero2Cool
2020-07-13T13:28:26Z
This was just made available. I know this is being petty, but sponsors coming before fans and community just kind of rubs me wrong. I would think it would be community, fans and sponsors or even fans, community and sponsors. I dunno. It's petty, I know.


Statement From The Washington Redskins Football Team
On July 3rd, we announced the commencement of a thorough review of the team's name. That review has begun in earnest. As part of this process, we want to keep our sponsors, fans and community apprised of our thinking as we go forward.

Today, we are announcing we will be retiring the Redskins name and logo upon completion of this review.

Dan Snyder and Coach Rivera are working closely to develop a new name and design approach that will enhance the standing of our proud, tradition rich franchise and inspire our sponsors, fans and community for the next 100 years.



Edit, looks like some ass clown went and trademark numerous word mark's that could possibly be used.
http://tmsearch.uspto.go...mp;a_search=Submit+Query 
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
2020-07-13T15:46:28Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

If Warriors is offensive, how can it be the name of the Golden State NBA team without a peep? Is there a difference?

The quote I was responding to said "offensive to someone", everything is probably offensive to at least one... Packers is offensive.to some Peta members. Doesn't mean most think the offense to it is nonsense.
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

And today is not the announcing of a new name. It is announcing that Redskins is no longer going to be used for the Washington football club. At least, that's how I've read everything being thrown out there about this topic.

I was giving the rumor at the time... and it's been said that if the team has the new nickname officially trademarked, it would of come out today, but since there are still legal loopholes they're keeping the name quiet, because as you said, "some ass clown went and trademark numerous word mark's that could possibly be used"... so they're trying to lock up the trademark before more ass clowns try to get in their way.

Though there are multiple people trying to do it, that one guy is just doing it on overload and steroids... trying to ensure he gets a pay day out of it.


Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

This was just made available. I know this is being petty, but sponsors coming before fans and community just kind of rubs me wrong.

I agree, that's poor PR... or maybe honest PR, which some might say is poor PR.
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
wpr (7-Aug) : Well said Preston
Zero2Cool (7-Aug) : "My first four years in the league there wasn't a lot of fans in the stands anyway." - Preston Smith
Zero2Cool (4-Aug) : Twitter::Players who opt out and collect $150K or $350K stipend this year will owe the money back to the team in 2021 -- whether they make the 53-man roster or not
Zero2Cool (3-Aug) : #Bears Safety Jordan Lucas has opted out of the 2020 season.
Zero2Cool (3-Aug) : @SportsCenter Breaking: A group including Dwayne Johnson has agreed to purchase the XFL for approximately $15 million, according to a news release issued Monday morning.
Zero2Cool (3-Aug) : XFL might be coming back!!! The Rock has bought XFL!
Zero2Cool (3-Aug) : From @gmfb: It was a busy weekend on the COVID-19 Reserve list, as #Lions QB Matthew Stafford and #Jaguars QB Gardner Minshew were both added.
Zero2Cool (31-Jul) : Antonio Brown suspended eight games
Cheesey (31-Jul) : Let me look...no, all I have is Ryan Longwell and Chris Jacke’s Numbers. 🤪
Smokey (31-Jul) : Anyone know Sebastian Janakowskis phone number ?
beast (30-Jul) : Packers COVID-19 reserve list (so far) LB Greg Roberts PK Mason Crosby TE Jace Sternberger DT Treyvon Hester
Zero2Cool (29-Jul) : @TMZ_Sports NBA Says Zero New COVID-19 Positives Tests In NBA Bubble, 344 Players Tested
Zero2Cool (29-Jul) : Bears HC is right. But, that happens every year.
Zero2Cool (29-Jul) : @KRoseSharkey Nagy on rookies/younger players trying to make plays & impression without preseason and other opportunities: “With no preseason games there are players that are going to get cut that p
Cheesey (29-Jul) : They should give them the next week to make up their minds, play or sit out.
Smokey (29-Jul) : Players opting out provide better opportunity for other players, if there is an NFL season.
Zero2Cool (28-Jul) : #Packers WR Devin Funchess has opted out, source said.
Cheesey (28-Jul) : If enough guys opt out, there goes the season.
Zero2Cool (28-Jul) : @RapSheet Sources: #Bears standout DT Eddie Goldman has informed the team he plans to opt out due to health concerns related to COVID-19. Goldman has been a standout in the middle of Chicago’s D since
Zero2Cool (27-Jul) : @AdamSchefter Vikings’ head trainer and the team’s Infection Control Officer Eric Sugarman, along with members of his family, tested positive for COVID-19.
Cheesey (27-Jul) : It’s looking more and more like we won’t see any football this fall. JMO
Zero2Cool (27-Jul) : LET'S FOOKING GO!!
Zero2Cool (27-Jul) : The team's home opener against the Orioles tonight has been canceled.
Zero2Cool (27-Jul) : @SportsCenter Breaking: Eight more players and two Marlins coaches have tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total of cases to at least 14 in recent days sources told @JeffPassan and @JesseRoger
Cheesey (26-Jul) : My own reflection? That explains why he’s so handsome!😂
TheKanataThrilla (26-Jul) : Canadian Duvernay-Tardif, who has a medical degree, opts out of NFL season in order to continue front-line work.
Smokey (26-Jul) : That's just your reflection in your neighbors window.
Cheesey (25-Jul) : I try Zero....but my neighbor is kind of a putz.
Zero2Cool (25-Jul) : Be kind to your neighbors. We all do that, world is gooder.
Smokey (24-Jul) : No fantasy football for me this year. I'd feel I was adding fuel to a destructive fire.
rabidgopher04 (24-Jul) : @Smokey - yes
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Let's go Bucks!!!!
Smokey (23-Jul) : Has NFL Preseason been cancelled?
Cheesey (17-Jul) : Well...I wouldn’t doubt if the restart of the NBA gets scrapped.
Zero2Cool (17-Jul) : Bucks: Guard Eric Bledsoe reportedly tested positive for COVID-19
Zero2Cool (13-Jul) : @FieldYates Chargers S Roderick Teamer has been suspended for the first four games of the 2020 regular season, per source. He was one of the more productive undrafted rookie free agents in the NFL las
Zero2Cool (13-Jul) : Should have been drinking nano bubbles.
Zero2Cool (13-Jul) : @AdamSchefter Russell Westbrook tested positive for COVID-19.
Cheesey (10-Jul) : Really though, I’m not slow, not fast....kinda “half-fassed!”
Cheesey (10-Jul) : I’m so slow, it looks like I’m going the other direction!😁
Zero2Cool (10-Jul) : Happy Birthday, Alan! Your mother did all the work, you're stealing her thunder! :D
Zero2Cool (10-Jul) : I laughed and said to myself "bet he's slow as crap!" haha
Zero2Cool (10-Jul) : My dad and I play Madden. We are several seasons beyond 2019. One of the rookies was Alan Smith.
Cheesey (10-Jul) : Thanks WPR. I’m getting closer to the finish line.....thank God.
wpr (10-Jul) : happy birthday cheesey
Cheesey (10-Jul) : I did....2and a half times!🤪
Zero2Cool (10-Jul) : Enjoy being 25!!
Cheesey (9-Jul) : Well...guess I’ll say it myself....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
Mucky Tundra (9-Jul) : What I've always been mystified by is the amount of guests looking at threads from 4-9 years ago
Cheesey (7-Jul) : I don’t get it either, Zero. Maybe they figure they can slip by, as there’s no one there to notice them!😂
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2020 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 13 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Sep 20 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Sep 27 @ 7:20 PM
Saints
Monday, Oct 5 @ 7:15 PM
FALCONS
Sunday, Oct 18 @ 3:25 PM
Buccaneers
Sunday, Oct 25 @ 12:00 PM
Texans
Sunday, Nov 1 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Thursday, Nov 5 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Nov 15 @ 12:00 PM
JAGUARS
Sunday, Nov 22 @ 12:00 PM
Colts
Sunday, Nov 29 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Dec 6 @ 3:25 PM
EAGLES
Sunday, Dec 13 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 20 @ 12:00 PM
PANTHERS
Sunday, Dec 27 @ 7:20 PM
TITANS
Sunday, Jan 3 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
2h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

9-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

9-Aug / Around The NFL / beast

8-Aug / Random Babble / KRK

7-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

6-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

6-Aug / Random Babble / wpr

6-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

6-Aug / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

4-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

4-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

1-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

1-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

1-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

1-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2020 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.