Discussion Board
MintBaconDrivel
2020-09-22T13:47:16Z
Enter the GameDay Chat  to discuss the game via the instant chat feature. Click HERE  to watch the game!

UserPostedImage
Green Bay Packers ( 2 - 0 )
    Total Offense = 1st
    Rushing Offense = 1st
    Passing Offense = 5th

Total Defense = 10th
    Rushing Defense = 13th
    Passing Defense = 13th

Points For = 42.5 (1st)
    Points Against = 27.5 (21st)

UserPostedImage
New Orleans Saints ( 1 - 1 )
    Total Offense = 21st
    Rushing Offense = 25th
    Passing Offense = 14th

Total Defense = 8th
    Rushing Defense = 8th
    Passing Defense = 15th

Points For = 29.0 (6th)
    Points Against = 28.5 (23rd)
Cheesey
2020-09-22T14:41:21Z
Packers- 38
“Aints”- 24

After watching the Oakl....Los Ang....I mean Oaklan.....Las Vegas Raiders beat New Orleans, I feel a whole lot better about our chances of getting a win this coming Sunday!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2020-09-22T15:20:31Z
Que the *teeth sucking noise*. I can't imagine Nola laying an egg two weeks in a row.
Smokey
2020-09-22T19:17:24Z
The Saints were without Michael Thomas against the Raiders. His high ankle sprain could sideline him again vs the Packers. Davante Adams too is injured, but for him it is his hamstring.

I say rest Adams until it is 100% safe for him to run full out and not risk making the injury any worse. IMO, GB's offense is not the concern, but the defense may be.

The Saints had a poor performance against the Raiders on the road. They will host the Packers at home and will be tough to shut down follow a loss.

GB - 27

NO - 24
nerdmann
2020-09-22T20:23:14Z
Empty stadium will favor us. Turf will help Aaron Jones and Davante Adams. Irvin too if he plays.
buckeyepackfan
2020-09-22T20:38:26Z
First team to 50 wins!

Packers 51
Saints 49
Zero2Cool
2020-09-22T21:58:23Z
I think Saints had a ton of penalties. I wouldn't expect that two weeks in a row.
nerdmann
2020-09-23T00:05:16Z
Matt has a way of winning theze games.

Remember week one in Chicago last year? Week two In Minnesota? Week four in Dallas?

Not to jinx, but we'll at least be in it.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2020-09-25T22:09:18Z
Michael Thomas has been downgraded to Out. He will not play on Sunday.

Packers 35
Saints 24

Davante Adams listed as Doubtful. I don't expect him to play.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2020-09-28T03:38:26Z
Originally Posted by: wpr 

Michael Thomas has been downgraded to Out. He will not play on Sunday.

Packers 35
Saints 24

Davante Adams listed as Doubtful. I don't expect him to play.

Close but no cigar.

Cheesey was slightly closer.
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Packers- 38
“Aints”- 24

After watching the Oakl....Los Ang....I mean Oaklan.....Las Vegas Raiders beat New Orleans, I feel a whole lot better about our chances of getting a win this coming Sunday!

Zero2Cool
2020-09-28T03:38:54Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I think Saints had a ton of penalties. I wouldn't expect that two weeks in a row.

I was wrong.
Cheesey
2020-09-28T03:39:01Z
Lazard was HUGE and Tonyan and Sternberger!
What a game!!!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2020-09-28T03:40:36Z
There were a few frustrating plays/calls but a win is a win. This one was a total team effort including special teams.
nerdmann
2020-09-28T03:51:00Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Lazard was HUGE and Tonyan and Sternberger!
What a game!!!

Ty Summers!
go.pack.go.
2020-09-28T04:00:36Z
Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Ty Summers!

He came in and played good! I’m glad they didn’t keep running it up the middle though because I think they would’ve killed us with that. If we play somebody like Tennessee, we will struggle.
Mucky Tundra
2020-09-28T04:43:02Z

Love seeing the Creed story from the Pat McAfee show gaining momentum
beast
2020-09-28T05:08:10Z
We have no depth at DT and I don't believe CB either...

And Safeties are just making more mistakes this year...

The ILBers are young and inexperienced... they seemed to throw them all out there to see who could handle it best and the answer was none of them... okay, maybe that's over kill, but they looked mentally lost on how to keep up at times... Summers made mistakes but didn't look mentally lost.
Mucky Tundra
2020-09-28T05:21:11Z
Taysom Hill 

Three years later and the Saints are still using Hill for gadget plays while Brees can't throw with accuracy over 10 yards. I'd necromancer the shit out of this thread but it was locked.
all_about_da_packers
2020-09-28T05:44:58Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

We have no depth at DT and I don't believe CB either...

And Safeties are just making more mistakes this year...

The ILBers are young and inexperienced... they seemed to throw them all out there to see who could handle it best and the answer was none of them... okay, maybe that's over kill, but they looked mentally lost on how to keep up at times... Summers made mistakes but didn't look mentally lost.

I'm not sure if I agree on DT-depth.... we definitely have DT depth - Lowry, Lancaster, Keke are decent pieces but miscast as DT-1. Neither is capable of getting consistent penetration or holding the trenches when asked to take on double teams. Alongside Kenny Clark that trio isn't bad (especially when lined up with Gary/Z or P Smith along the LOS), but we lack a true big run stuffer in the Ryan Picket / Grady Jackson mold. Not sure how likely it is with logistics/salary cap, but I'd do naked backflips on the street if we could land Leonard Williams (Giants tanking, maybe willing to settle for recouping the 3rd+5th they gave up).

The Safties... I'm just perplexed on. I can understand the missed tackles with lack of pre-season... but the bad angles is baffling. Darnell Savage looks like a freshman getting his first reps on the football field, which should not be the case. Amos is as advertised: keep things in front of him, not a playmaker. I am curious whether Will Redmond was the dime back tonight, or whether they subbed him in place of Savage in moments. Can't blame them if the latter (because Savage has been that subpar) but definitely worrying that Savage looks to have regressed on reads and angles.

Finally, I came away much more at ease with our ILB play after Kirksey's injury. Wishing him nothing but a quick return (and hopefully a very minor injury), but both Barnes and Summers looked more alive near the LOS than Kirksey. I don't hold out much hope for Oren Burks, but don't think the drop off form Kirksey to Summers/Barnes is much (and may even be a slight positive).

Overall though, this level of play by the D actually has me very encouraged. The issues - a behemoth DT, Safety play - can be addressed (although if they could get that DT off the street, they'd have done it by now). But to have a D that is making plays to create chances at turnovers and an Offense that can force opposing teams to pass and play to the strengths of this D, the Packers are quickly having me view them as a contender that is better than last year's team. Did not expect to be thinking that, so props to the team thus far.