This weeks playoff standings:

UserPostedImage

Rams at Seattle
AZ at TB
Chicago at Phil

The Saints and the 49ers are out.
Zero2Cool
2020-10-27T16:34:44Z
Do we have the playoff standings from 2019 after Week 7? And then a comparison of what happened? That would be neat to see, Wayne. I want to see that, Wayne. Make it happen, Wayne!

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
2020-10-27T21:08:16Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Do we have the playoff standings from 2019 after Week 7? And then a comparison of what happened? That would be neat to see, Wayne. I want to see that, Wayne. Make it happen, Wayne!

As best as I can tell after 7 weeks the 2019 playoffs would have been:

Byes:
1. SF 6-0
2. NO or GB 6-1 and 4-1 in conference you decide who gets the bye.

3. NO or GB vs Seattle 5-2 (Loses to MN in conference record tie breaker 2-1 to 4-2)
4. Dallas 4-3 vs MN 5-2 (See Seattle for tiebreaker.)
earthquake
2020-10-28T00:03:27Z
Interesting, that was the final playoff lineup, except swap the Cowboys for the Eagles, right?. The NFC East was terrible then and terrible again so who knows what will happen there. I had thought we would see at least 2 teams that had flipped.
wpr
  • wpr
2020-11-02T14:56:50Z
week 8

1 Seattle Seahawks 6-1
2 Green Bay Packers 5-2 Wins tie break over New Orleans based on head-to-head win percentage.
3 New Orleans Saints 5-2 Wins tie break over Tampa Bay based on head-to-head win percentage.
4 Philadelphia Eagles 3-4-1
5 Arizona Cardinals 5-2 Wins tie break over Tampa Bay based on best win percentage in conference games.
6 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 5-2
7 Los Angeles Rams 5-3 Wins tie break over Chicago based on head-to-head win percentage.

LA at GB
TB at NO
AZ at Phil

beast
2020-11-03T05:38:21Z
Since the Bucs just won... (most of this is from WPR)

week 8

1 Seattle Seahawks 6-1
2 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 6-2
3 Green Bay Packers 5-2
5 New Orleans Saints 5-2
6 Arizona Cardinals 5-2
7 Los Angeles Rams 5-3

Top teams to miss it (especially since there is talk of, if the NFL misses regular season games, they might go to a 16 team playoff format, like they did for other shorten seasons).

Bears 5-3
49ers 4-4
wpr
  • wpr
2020-11-09T16:38:18Z
Week 9

1 New Orleans Saints 6-2 Wins tie break over Seattle and Green Bay based on best win percentage in conference games.
2 Seattle Seahawks 6-2 Wins tie break over Green Bay based on best win percentage in conference games.
3 Green Bay Packers 6-2
5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 6-3
6 Arizona Cardinals 5-3 Wins tie break over Los Angeles based on best win percentage in division games.
7 Los Angeles Rams 5-3

Seattle vs Rams
GB vs AZ
Phil vs TB

Games remaining for GB:
Jax 1-7
@Indy 5-3
Bears 5-4
Phil 3-4-1
@Lions 3-5
Carolina 3-6
TN 6-2
@ Bears 5-4

out
Bears 5-4
SF 4-5
beast
2020-11-09T17:54:50Z
NFC West still has a lot of games left to beat up on each other, which might hurt them from getting 3 teams in... as 49ers, Cards and Rams are among the top 5 NFC hardest remaining schedules... so a second team from the NFC North still has a chance.

Vikings vs Bears game could be huge for the 7th seed spot. And Bears and Vikings both have top 5 NFC easiest remaining schedules in the NFC based on current standings.

Cowboys have the easiest remaining schedule in the NFL but at 2-7, I think it's fair to say they're out, of wildcard race, but maybe that horrible division.

Seahawks have the second easiest remaining schedule in the NFL.

Saints top 5 easiest for NFC.

Packers are 7th easiest for NFC (so mid pack), but that's because the Titans, Colts and two Bears games.

wpr
  • wpr
2020-11-09T20:16:46Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

NFC West still has a lot of games left to beat up on each other, which might hurt them from getting 3 teams in... as 49ers, Cards and Rams are among the top 5 NFC hardest remaining schedules... so a second team from the NFC North still has a chance.

Vikings vs Bears game could be huge for the 7th seed spot. And Bears and Vikings both have top 5 NFC easiest remaining schedules in the NFC based on current standings.

Cowboys have the easiest remaining schedule in the NFL but at 2-7, I think it's fair to say they're out, of wildcard race, but maybe that horrible division.

Seahawks have the second easiest remaining schedule in the NFL.

Saints top 5 easiest for NFC.

Packers are 7th easiest for NFC (so mid pack), but that's because the Titans, Colts and two Bears games.

Thanks for checking the remaining schedules. I didn't want to take the time. Perhaps when there are only 3-4 games left.

It's interesting that the Seahawks have the 2nd easiest schedule. They have 4 games left in their division. Isn't that the toughest division in the NFC? Whether it is or isn't, we know how difficult divisional games can be. Hopefully they will lose 2 of the 4. As you said, maybe they will beat each other up.
beast
2020-11-09T20:50:47Z
Originally Posted by: wpr 

Thanks for checking the remaining schedules. I didn't want to take the time. Perhaps when there are only 3-4 games left.

It's interesting that the Seahawks have the 2nd easiest schedule. They have 4 games left in their division. Isn't that the toughest division in the NFC? Whether it is or isn't, we know how difficult divisional games can be. Hopefully they will lose 2 of the 4. As you said, maybe they will beat each other up.

It helps when you find a good helpful site
http://www.tankathon.com...aining_schedule_strength 

Also the Seahawks do have a lot of division games left, but they also have the Jets, Giants, Wash-skins and Eagles left, which sorta counter acts that.

The NFC West might have the best standings, but I think they're over rated as they got to face the NFC and AFC East, which are both among the worse divisions.

I think the NFC South is the best division in the NFC, I don't follow the AFC enough, but Steelers, Ravens and Brown's in a single division, seems like it might be the toughest this year.
nerdmann
2020-11-09T21:24:05Z

Week 9

1 New Orleans Saints 6-2 Wins tie break over Seattle and Green Bay based on best win percentage in conference games.
2 Seattle Seahawks 6-2 Wins tie break over Green Bay based on best win percentage in conference games.
3 Green Bay Packers 6-2
5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 6-3
6 Arizona Cardinals 5-3 Wins tie break over Los Angeles based on best win percentage in division games.
7 Los Angeles Rams 5-3

Seattle vs Rams
GB vs AZ
Phil vs TB

Games remaining for GB:
Jax 1-7
@Indy 5-3
Bears 5-4
Phil 3-4-1
@Lions 3-5
Carolina 3-6
TN 6-2
@ Bears 5-4

out
Bears 5-4
SF 4-5

Conference record beats head to head? Weird. Didn't we beat the Saints?
beast
2020-11-09T21:32:32Z
Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

If it was a two way race Packers vs Saints, then the head to head win over the Saints would apply.

But it's a three way race, Packers, vs Saints, vs Seahawks, and head to head only works if one team has either won or lost to all the others that are tied. Seahawks don't play the Packers or Saints, therefore head to head doesn't apply when Seahawks are tied, and it goes to the next time breaking step.
wpr
  • wpr
2020-11-09T22:31:13Z
Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

It's a 3 way tie. Unless one team beats both of the other teams or loses to both they go to conf record.

edit- I should have read all the posts before replying
wpr
  • wpr
wpr
  • wpr
2020-11-16T01:25:44Z
Week 10 (Bears Vikings game tomorrow won't change the playoff standings.)

1. Green Bay Packers 7-2 Wins H2H tie break over the Saints. (Despite the frustrating win against the Jags it was still a win and they move back into first place. There are no style points awarded for pretty wins.)
2. New Orleans Saints 7-2
3. Arizona Cardinals 6-3 Wins tie break over Los Angeles based on best win percentage in division games. Wins tie break over Seattle based on head-to-head win percentage.
4. Philadelphia Eagles 3-5-1 CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 7-3
6. Los Angeles Rams 6-3 Wins tie break over Seattle based on head-to-head win percentage.
7. Seattle Seahawks (From 2nd to 7th in one week!!!)

NO vs Seattle
AZ vs Rams
Phil vs Tampa

Games remaining for GB:
@Indy 6-3
Bears 5-4 ?
Phil 3-5-1
@Lions 4-5
Carolina 3-7
TN 6-3
@ Bears 5-4 ?

Next 4 out
Bears
Detroit
SF
Vikings
beast
2020-11-16T02:30:49Z

Games remaining for GB:
@Indy 6-3
Bears 5-4 ?
Phil 3-5-1
@Lions 4-5
Carolina 3-7
TN 6-3
@ Bears 5-4 ?

The fans of the NFC East division teams I know, actually want to lose the division for a better draft selection, and because they don't have a shot at a Superbowl.

Also wanted to mention it sucks, but the Colts played on Sunday, meaning they got extra rest before our game against them, Rivers tore us up and Colts supposively have a good defense. We might need to get healthy and get Lazard, Alexander and King back for that one. The one good thing is that it's in a dime, so Packers shouldn't have to worry about the cold, which they have struggled in.

But then they probably will have to face the cold when they face the Bears, and the Bears have a bye week before we face them.

So it might be hard to go 2-0 the next two weeks.
bboystyle
2020-11-16T03:07:16Z
Whats the point of keeping track of this? All we are gonna do is just lose in the playoffs badly and start the same crap cycle next season.
earthquake
2020-11-16T03:30:35Z
Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

Whats the point of keeping track of this? All we are gonna do is just lose in the playoffs badly and start the same crap cycle next season.

I dunno man, what's the point of watching the games or following the team? If you're just gonna whine every year your team doesn't win the Superbowl, what do you get out of it?

When you can answer that you'll answer your own question.
wpr
  • wpr
2020-11-16T03:35:13Z

I just checked the PackersHome bylaws. You are not required to follow this or any other posts. Follow the team as you think best.

nerdmann
2020-11-16T13:55:03Z

Not convinced the Seahawks and Saints can hang with us. Already beat the Ssints, at their house.