Discussion Board
nyrpack
  • nyrpack
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
2021-03-24T16:40:28Z
Haven’t heard much about him since last year when he opted out , but if he’s able to go this season our 2-3 wr spot is in good shape

Davante
Lazard
Funchess
Mvs
Bengleton- Taylor- eq battle for 5th spot

jimmy b.
Cheesey
2021-03-24T18:23:13Z
Yeah, I also wonder about him. Will he amount to anything? Would he have made a positive difference for us had he agreed to play last year?
We’ll never know about the last part.
Hopefully he will be good this year.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-03-24T18:45:47Z
Davante Adams, Devin Funchess and Marques Valdes-Scantling is a mighty nice trio there. You add in Robert Tonyan and Josiah Deguara (sp?) along with Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon ... I think the offense has some powerful weapons. I think Funchess all depends on how fast he gets trusted by Aaron Rodgers. Based on his basketball videos, dude is athletic and looks like a tall dude.

I suspect the Packers drafting a WR or two in a month or whenever the draft is.
UserPostedImage
beast
2021-03-24T18:58:21Z
The dude has been out of football for two years and never worked with Rodgers before, nor in the system before (I'm hoping he got to study it last year).

I think we should cool the jets on him, until we get some reports of him on the field.

As of right now I'd say the top 3 should be Adams, Lazard and MVS until someone proves otherwise.

After that, St. Brown, Funchess, draft pick, Taylor and a few others compete for 3 more WR spots.


Also, I'm still waiting to see if they resign Ervin, if no, then they might be grabbing a returner in the draft, which normally seem to be WRs, RBs or DBs.

I haven't been able to get my hands on a good list of draftable players that both returned in college and will most likely be available past selection 50.

The returner lists I've seen of drafted players, was full of guys they will probably be all selected in the top 50. And you don't draft a guy in the top 50 because of STs, that's just bonus.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-03-27T18:15:15Z
He's going to be a solid WR for the Packers.

UserPostedImage
beast
2021-03-27T20:50:53Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

He's going to be a solid WR for the Packers.



I want to cool the jets on him, until be actually gets on the field and shown us he's stayed in football shape...

BUT this Shanahan version of the wide zone offense scheme usually seems to have a star slot guy, weather it's a athletic TE, or a large slot WR.

49ers, Rams, Titans... but not as much Packers. And yes there is the Vikings and Browns, but they come from the more Kubiak version, and less so the Shanahan.

LaFleur simply hasn't had that star slot guy to build it around, yes there is Tonyan, whom makes very little errors, but he's not a playmaker defensive have to game plan around.

Funchess has the potential to possibile fill a star role, as the large slot. I'm not saying he will, but there has been a hole, to make this offense even better with the right large slot playmaker.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2021-03-27T20:56:04Z
Last year I respected the man for doing what he thought best. Even more so after his tweet.
"Well, they might kill you, but they won’t eat you." Uncle Teddy
Cheesey
2021-03-28T02:36:38Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

He's going to be a solid WR for the Packers.



When he says his family passed, exactly what did that mean? Was it more then one family member? Just was wondering what he meant. Not that “only one” wouldn’t be devastating, just wondered if it was more then one.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2021-03-28T12:49:16Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

When he says his family passed, exactly what did that mean? Was it more then one family member? Just was wondering what he meant. Not that “only one” wouldn’t be devastating, just wondered if it was more then one.



It is more than one person. He apparently has chosen not to give out details.
Rob Demovsky  repeats "family members" several times in the 6 paragraph story last July.

Green Bay Packers receiver Devin Funchess, who had first-hand experience with COVID-19 this offseason while caring for family members with the disease, has opted out of the 2020 season.
"Well, they might kill you, but they won’t eat you." Uncle Teddy
Zero2Cool
2021-03-28T13:01:08Z
Originally Posted by: wpr 

It is more than one person. He apparently has chosen not to give out details.
Rob Demovsky  repeats "family members" several times in the 6 paragraph story last July.

Green Bay Packers receiver Devin Funchess, who had first-hand experience with COVID-19 this offseason while caring for family members with the disease, has opted out of the 2020 season.


What disease did they have that caused COVID-19 to unfortunately excellerate their deaths?

UserPostedImage
beast
2021-03-28T22:53:52Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

What disease did they have that caused COVID-19 to unfortunately excellerate their deaths?


Why are we diving into non-pubicly known people lives?

It's one thing to know a players/coaches/famous person medical stuff (not that we always deserve to know)... but a non-pubic private citizen medical stuff? I just don't understand why dive into that.


UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-03-29T12:20:55Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

Why are we diving into non-pubicly known people lives?

It's one thing to know a players/coaches/famous person medical stuff (not that we always deserve to know)... but a non-pubic private citizen medical stuff? I just don't understand why dive into that.



I don't think anyone has any perceived "right" to know about anyone's medical, period. If the individual chooses to make it public, so be it. When Devin opted out, and others opted out, I'm not sure anyone had an issue with it. I had read about Devin having a newborn (or just young child) and immediately empathized with him. Devin posting about losing family to the virus kind of added to the empathy -- from me anyway. When athletes opted out, I tried putting myself in their shoes. What would I do? I'm fortunate that my family isn't high-risk, at least that I'm aware of. My youngest child in the household is 7 years old. So, assuming you're targeting me with your "look at me being holier than thou" response since you quoted me, I asked my question because I am someone who is interested in understanding more.

BTW, for anyone else who is medically clueless like me, after I posted my inquiry, I had looked it up and apparently a virus and disease are one in the same. I thought they were different. For some reason I thought a virus was something that came and went whereas a disease was permanent and never went away but you were able to minimize the symptoms of the disease. I'm a software developer, not a doctor, haha.
UserPostedImage
beast
2021-03-29T13:08:44Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

So, assuming you're targeting me with your "look at me being holier than thou" response since you quoted me, I asked my question because I am someone who is interested in understanding more.


Well, unless said player shares more, or some writer writes a story on it, I don't think we have any more information than what was already stated.

It wasn't just you... though, I thought I remembered you have told others a number of times, that whom a player is dating is none of our business.

Just surprised me when I saw you asking for non-famous people medical history, which is generally considered much more private than whom a famous person is dating (especially when it's another famous person).


UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2021-03-30T01:28:20Z
When Funchess opted out last year I figured we'd never see him in uniform but it seems like he's excited about playing Green Bay. He was a good receiver in Carolina and if he can shake off the rust he could be a boost to the offense.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Zero2Cool
2021-03-30T12:20:18Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

Well, unless said player shares more, or some writer writes a story on it, I don't think we have any more information than what was already stated.

It wasn't just you... though, I thought I remembered you have told others a number of times, that whom a player is dating is none of our business.

Just surprised me when I saw you asking for non-famous people medical history, which is generally considered much more private than whom a famous person is dating (especially when it's another famous person).



Yep, that is a drum I beat hard and will continue to. I have no interest in anyone's medical history unless they freely supply it. The part I quoted led me to believe the disease was known and I was inquiring to learn, not to pry. I didn't ask who had what disease, I simply asked what disease. That's a strong distinction there.

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

When Funchess opted out last year I figured we'd never see him in uniform but it seems like he's excited about playing Green Bay. He was a good receiver in Carolina and if he can shake off the rust he could be a boost to the offense.


I wondered the same thing. I'm excited to see what he does with someone like Aaron Rodgers. He'll probably be WR3 or WR4 and work his way up. Or he'll flop and some rookie will take his snaps, lol.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2021-03-30T13:45:05Z
Why is asking a question such a horrible thing?
It’s not like I, or anyone else here DEMANDED that Devin give us more details.
It was merely curiosity to ask if he lost more family members.
Just wondered, as I would with any Packer player, how this horrible virus affected him. It’s easier to feel empathy and sympathy for a person if you know what they have had to endure.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-03-31T12:36:15Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Why is asking a question such a horrible thing?
It’s not like I, or anyone else here DEMANDED that Devin give us more details.
It was merely curiosity to ask if he lost more family members.
Just wondered, as I would with any Packer player, how this horrible virus affected him. It’s easier to feel empathy and sympathy for a person if you know what they have had to endure.



I am not a thoughts and prayers kind of person, but I can see someone asking if it was more than one family member so they can include that in their thoughts and prayers. I see no harm in that.

I do get very bothered when fans/reporters get bent out of shape over not knowing what player has what injury and the severity. It's solely because of gambling and now fans/reporters feel entitled to know personal health/medical information of players. Gambling is going to ruin the sport. Which sucks because sports betting can be fun, but just like the NFL got too big financially, so will sports betting. Sooner or later the rewards for cheating the game will be too financially rewarding to ignore. The NBA witnessed that with referee Tim Donaghy. Think of it like this. Would you rob a gas station for $500 knowing you could serve let's say 2 years in prison? Hell on, the juice isn't worth the squeeze. Now if you can rob a gas station and collect $5 million with the same prison sentence? Hey, if you're looking for easy money and think you can get away with it -- you're going to try.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2021-03-31T15:23:27Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I am not a thoughts and prayers kind of person, but I can see someone asking if it was more than one family member so they can include that in their thoughts and prayers. I see no harm in that.

I do get very bothered when fans/reporters get bent out of shape over not knowing what player has what injury and the severity. It's solely because of gambling and now fans/reporters feel entitled to know personal health/medical information of players. Gambling is going to ruin the sport. Which sucks because sports betting can be fun, but just like the NFL got too big financially, so will sports betting. Sooner or later the rewards for cheating the game will be too financially rewarding to ignore. The NBA witnessed that with referee Tim Donaghy. Think of it like this. Would you rob a gas station for $500 knowing you could serve let's say 2 years in prison? Hell on, the juice isn't worth the squeeze. Now if you can rob a gas station and collect $5 million with the same prison sentence? Hey, if you're looking for easy money and think you can get away with it -- you're going to try.


The way gas prices are going up, that $5 million at a gas station might actually happen!😁😂

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-06-10T16:16:24Z
After watching these highlights, I'm getting optimistic about this kid. I really like how he goes and grabs the ball with his hands. He's not a speedster or someone is going to get a ton of yards after catch. I do see someone who is going to move the chains and go up and get those jump balls in the enzone.

P.S. Ignore the poor music selection.



UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2021-06-11T03:59:56Z
I think we might like Funchess bunches!😂
UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
beast (7m) : So they were hacked?
Zero2Cool (9h) : Site was down. Host had server issues.
KRK (14h) : Weird, I could get the site with great wifi, but via cellular, no dice
beast (17h) : Patriots also have an OL coach that's not coaching this year... Media speculating he doesn't want to get the vaccine
beast (17h) : So was the site down or could I just not load it for a while there today?
Zero2Cool (19h) : Rick Dennison is out as Vikings offensive line coach/run game coordinator after refusing the COVID-19 vaccine.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Ah, there we go.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Nope, the data is there, it's just not pulling shouts.
Zero2Cool (20h) : I feel some stuff was deleted with whatever my host messed up.
Cheesey (22h) : “Guardians”? Of what? 😂 I hope that doesn’t offend some “guardian” out there.😉
Zero2Cool (23h) : Cleveland is changing its name from the Indians to the Guardians
Cheesey (22-Jul) : As I said before, they have NO IDEA if the vaccine is safe. What will it do to people a year, five or ten years from now? They pushed it through without any idea.
Zero2Cool (22-Jul) : @DeAndreHopkins Never thought I would say this, But being put in a position to hurt my team because I don’t want to partake in the vaccine is making me question my future in the @Nfl
Cheesey (22-Jul) : It’s going to be televised on Bally network. (Used to be Fox Sports network)
Zero2Cool (21-Jul) : I read it starts at 11 AM
Cheesey (21-Jul) : The parade is tomorrow, but I don’t know what time. I’d love to go see it live, but it’s going to be a madhouse in downtown Milwaukee.
Cheesey (21-Jul) : Really, by the standards of “big city” champs, it was a very well behaved group. No cars tipped over, no windows smashed, no fires started.
dfosterf (21-Jul) : 1 light pole climbing, a couple of river swimmers, 1 crowd surfer, and only 3 shot during the celebration. Church-like behavior by NBA fan standards
Zero2Cool (21-Jul) : Aaron Rodgers @AaronRodgers12 8h Incredible job by Wes and Mark, Peter, Jon Horst our GM made some incredible moves, and our stars played like stars. Can’t stop 34 💪🏼💪🏼 #champs
Zero2Cool (21-Jul) : So damn incredible.
Mucky Tundra (21-Jul) : Giannis on staying in Milwaukee: “I could’ve gone to a super team. I did it the hard way. I fucking did it.”
Mucky Tundra (21-Jul) : Aaron Rodgers now has two championship rings ;)
Cheesey (21-Jul) : I didn’t think I’d live to see this!
Cheesey (21-Jul) : I have to admit...I teared up!
Mucky Tundra (21-Jul) : Giannis Attemptafreethrow
Cheesey (21-Jul) : MILWAUKEE BUCKS WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!
Zero2Cool (21-Jul) : Bucks did it! The fucking Bucks did it!!!
Cheesey (20-Jul) : But he is a good QB. Now, if we could rid him of his character flaws. (Good luck with that!)😂
Cheesey (20-Jul) : Rodgers is just another Californy nut job.🤪
Cheesey (20-Jul) : Dfoster, you are getting soft! Tell us how you REALLY feel!😁
dfosterf (20-Jul) : ystem so there is that, but I personally don't care for it.
dfosterf (20-Jul) : He is a Diva whack bird arsty craftsy touchy Feely man bun packing commie pinko tree hugging b#itch prima Donna mother f word a hole convict loving a hole. Hell of an arm and master of reads and our s
Cheesey (20-Jul) : Unless he wants even MORE money then they offered. Maybe he wants to be QB/GM “The mighty and powerful Wizard of GB
Zero2Cool (20-Jul) : Terrible news. Rams RB Cam Akers suffers torn Achilles (per @TomPelissero)
Zero2Cool (20-Jul) : Yep, you all guessed it. It's the same crap that's been said since April. News is slow.
Zero2Cool (20-Jul) : That comes to you from Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Zero2Cool (20-Jul) : Rodgers declined the offer, proof it’s not about the money.
Zero2Cool (20-Jul) : This off-season, the Packers offered Aaron Rodgers a two-year contract extension that would have tied him to Green Bay for five more seasons and made him the highest-paid QB and player in football. R
Zero2Cool (20-Jul) : uh oh Hotel Desk Manager just made a great point. @Bucks have closed out every series on the road.
dfosterf (19-Jul) : Bucks looked a bit chokey to me at the end of thar last game...think they can close it? I remain doubtful, but rooting for you!
dfosterf (19-Jul) : Willie Davis was the man, btw, notwithstanding all you youngins that aren't even expected to know no better...We know...just sayin'...
dfosterf (19-Jul) : Razzle dazzle has cost us so many games. We are a simple people
Zero2Cool (19-Jul) : foster, too many words for the simple folks haha
dfosterf (19-Jul) : I'm chopped liver around here, lol
Cheesey (19-Jul) : (Bears locker room....😂) good one Zero!👍
Zero2Cool (19-Jul) : You going to the meeting? I have four tickets, but no one to bring lol
dfosterf (19-Jul) : They moved (replaced) that tank in order to make room for an undisclosed expansion to Lambeau. There is a lot of (humor) material to work with here in the upcoming shareholders meeting
dfosterf (19-Jul) : The construction workers in 2003 put a sign on the old tank that read: "Minnesota Vikings locker room"
Zero2Cool (19-Jul) : We have Bears locker room under the parking lot?
dfosterf (19-Jul) : Plus we moved the 400,000 gallon poop collection tank to under the player parking lot, so we have that going for us as well!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2021 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 12 @ 3:25 PM
Saints
Monday, Sep 20 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Sep 26 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Oct 3 @ 3:25 PM
STEELERS
Sunday, Oct 10 @ 12:00 PM
Bengals
Sunday, Oct 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Oct 24 @ 12:00 PM
FOOTBALL TEAM
Thursday, Oct 28 @ 7:20 PM
Cardinals
Sunday, Nov 7 @ 3:25 PM
Chiefs
Sunday, Nov 14 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Nov 21 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Nov 28 @ 3:25 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Dec 12 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Dec 19 @ 12:00 PM
Ravens
Saturday, Dec 25 @ 3:30 PM
BROWNS
Sunday, Jan 2 @ 7:20 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Jan 9 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / KRK

23-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / warhawk

22-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Jul / Random Babble / Cheesey

21-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

21-Jul / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

19-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

19-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

19-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

19-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2021 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.